ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepinglions)
    As did I
    You're welcome

ReputationRep:
    DAY 12
    18th July 2016
    :hello: :hello:

Today's post is rather short and easy to read as it's so hot & I'm ridiculously tired.

14. Be part of an audience :teehee:
    So today, my youngest brother had his year 6 leavers play and the kids were AMAZING. Way more talented than I was when I was 11. For obvious reasons, I won't be posting vidoes/photos :rofl: But they acted out We Will Rock You - big play right?
    21. Watch a classic movie!
    I forgot to mention that yesterday I watched THE LION KING :love: :love: literally a childhood fave. Watching it at 20 was WAY more emotional though :teehee: and you really listen out for all the life lessons, it's such a fantastic movie. Dw, I'll definitely watch more classics that I haven't seen before, but thought I'd mention that!
    20. Find a new show to obsess about! :dance:
    I'm officially obsessed. I finished Season 1 of HoC yesterday at like 3am, and i'm now exactly halfway through season 2 (13 episodes a season). I need to slow down, but ah so good!! And I've got a friend of mine on the bandwagon too :teehee:

Click the spoiler below to read today's diary entry
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Question: What would you say if you met the president?
    Answer: I'd be rather nervous, like when I've met VIP in the past. I'd say hello, introduce myself and probably just listen.
    GOALS IN PROGRESS

7. Write daily in my Q&A a day book!

ReputationRep:
    DAY 13
    19th July 2016
    Welcome back! :hello:
    - ANNOUNCEMENT -

To make this thread slightly more interesting, I'm going to add a daily challenge for my fans/friends/lurkers/strangers who just happen to click this blog. Each day will begin with a spoiler with a task for you guys - it would be fun to make this interactive, so please join in if you can!
    Today's Task
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'll do a Q& A tomorrow, so ask me absolutely any question you like, don't hold back! and as many as you want (pls don't go too wild). Post it tomorrow before 5pm and I'll answer them all in my blog post in the eve.
    14. Be part of an audience :teehee:
    I totally loved the play last night, so went to see it again today :rofl: Kids are just far too talented, it was super cute and had a fab eve.

1 episode away from finishing S.2 and it's been fantastic. Just when you think the show couldn't possibly become any more ****ed up, there's always something.

1. Get a temp/summer job :getmecoat:
    Today I got a call from the recruitment agency, I genuinely thought they were telling me about a start date or something, but nope. Just updating me that they haven't forgotten me (which is always nice to hear) but they just haven't heard back from the firm yet I WANT A JOB.

Spoiler:
    Show

GOALS IN PROGRESS

ReputationRep:
    What has been your most successful year so far and why?

Favourite Poke'mon?

Who are your heroes, both famous and non famous, and why?

Fred Flintstone or Barney Rubble?

How far would you live to travel across your lifetime?

How many floors would your ideal house have and why?

Favourite breed of dog, if any, and why?

Do hardcore feminists really want equality?

What advice would you give your 19, 18, 17 and 16 selves?

What for you are the worst elements of society?

ReputationRep:
    Questions from a lurker (Jk i'm a fan hehe )
    1. What are you studying at university?
    2. Did university turn out to be how you expected it to be?
    3. If you could travel to anywhere right now for free, where would you go and why?
    4. Where did you buy your diary from & how much was it?
    5. Do you have any phobias?

ReputationRep:
    DAY 14
    20th July 2016
    BLOG TIME :pcguru:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I've got good news, so please don't switch off!!
    Thank you to ironandbeer2 & jessyjellytot14 for taking part in yesterday's challenge! Click the spoiler below for a..... *drumroll*
    Q&A WITH SLEEPING LIONS
    What has been your most successful year so far and why?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Because I’ve been in education my whole life so far, I’ll do it in academic years. I’d say my first year of uni. Starting uni was such a difficult experience for me, not only having to be independent, but there were so many things I had to start accepting and it was almost as though every part of my first few months was making it even harder to just accept it all. Long story short, I got a 1st in my first year, proved to myself that I have it in me, and also to people who thought I’d made the wrong choice. I even got the highest exam score in one of my modules, so that was a nice cherry on the cake! I made some of the most amazing friends, who I know I can and will count on for the rest of my life (sounds crazy, but I love them so much), I learnt so much about myself as a person, identified so many weak spots and found out how to adapt and become a stronger person. So, my success isn’t measured by getting a job, or getting into the uni of my dreams, but because it started off as such a struggle and a challenge and I overcame it all when I really didn’t think there was any good to come out of it
    Favourite Poke'mon?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Jigglypuff
    Who are your heroes, both famous and non famous, and why?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    My dad because of his worth ethic, how he’s motivated me to succeed and go out there and achieve everything I’ve set my eyes on. My mum because of everything she’s given up, her patience, how humble she is – she’s got all the characteristics I’d love to have, but I’m far to stubborn and proud!
    Fred Flintstone or Barney Rubble?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Had you asked me 10-15 years ago, I’d be able to give you a proper answer ;P
    How far would you live to travel across your lifetime?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    We’ll I’d like to visit all the continents at least once (minus Antarctica & Australia) I’ve nailed Africa & Europe so far :lol:
    How many floors would your ideal house have and why?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Well we currently have a G, 1 & 2, but I think I’d up that but only by 1. And it would be more an underground thing. I’m not a huge fan of having many floors, I prefer width in comparison to height.
    Favourite breed of dog, if any, and why?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Ew, no way – none.
    Do hardcore feminists really want equality?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Deep. Okay, equality to me is not favoring one gender over another. I’ll say that
    What advice would you give your 19, 18, 17 and 16 selves?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    19 – Stop caring so much about what other people think, if it brings you happiness, that’s the only thing that matters. 18 – Stop holding grudges before you end up alone and unhappy. 17 – Keep having fun and making memories with friends, nothing else matters but fun fun fun. 16 – Don’t forget to tell people you love and care about how much you really do appreciate them.
    What for you are the worst elements of society?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Materialism is one of the worst imo, which is an umberella term covering many horrible aspects.
    What are you studying at university?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I study Business and Management
    Did university turn out to be how you expected it to be?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes & No haha.
    If you could travel to anywhere right now for free, where would you go and why?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Shanghai, I miss my best m8
    Where did you buy your diary from & how much was it?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Amazon! It was actually on my secret santa wish list - £15

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Day-Me-3-Ye...2JGWJEYBYQ51CQ
    Do you have any phobias?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Indeed! I’m scared of spiders, death, I’m claustrophic too and absolutely hate even the thought of being in a tunnel.
    Hope you enjoyed that

Today's Task
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Recommend a game for me to play online, it must be game that you've played and post your highscore!
    So I heard back from a completely new company who had seen my CV and matched me to a temp role they had going!! :woo: :woo: I'm so excited, I start on Monday initially it was a 6-8 week role which was perfect as it took me to September, but now it's only a 1 week thing, but as long as it's getting me out of the house, I'm super happy and excited! :party: :party: :party:

ReputationRep:
    I really enjoyed that, thank you! And congrats on the job - good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ironandbeer2)
    I really enjoyed that, thank you! And congrats on the job - good luck!
    You are most welcome

Thanks for taking part and thank you for your good luck!!

ReputationRep:
    DAY 15
    21st July 2016

15. Take my friends to Box Hill :love:
    I had a couple friends visit me from university which was absolutely lovely! One girl from Germany and two guys from Kent, what better way to introduce them to Surrey living than a trip to Box Hill? Blankets, matts & trainers all packed in the boot of my car ready for our mini road trip :lol: We went for a run, albeit short ahaha, and then literally just enjoyed the view :love:

Was such a lovely day, really makes you appreciate the little things in life - nature!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I've been watching for 44 minutes ffs

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting

ReputationRep:
    DAY 16
    22nd July 2016

ANNOUNCEMENT

I don't have a large enough fan club for my daily challenges :cry: so instead - I'm creating a new challenge which will be to post in the "What are you Wearing Today?" thread I'll link my post to this thread (or post a photo) and if you ever have any outfit suggestions, just let me know and I'll see what I've got in my wardrobe! :teehee:

FANTASTIC NEWS! I've been offered another job, which will start towards the end of August and end in early October, right before I go back to uni. I'm really happy that I persisted with applications as I now have something new to add to my CV

3 days ago I finished Season 1, today I'm 2 episodes away from finishing S.3 If you're on the fence about House of Cards, definitely go for it, I'll give a full review once I've watched all 4 seasons - rest assured, any spoilers will be in, well, spoilers

10. Start planning my 21st birthday party :party:
    I'm now 90% sure I'll be having a dinner party for my 21st, but my friends are persuading me to throw a huge Halloween thing, which I'd love to do! But the only issue for me rn would be a venue, so we'll see!

Spoiler:
    Show
    GOALS IN PROGRESS

GOALS ACHIEVED

10. Start planning my 21st birthday party :party:

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any bikinis?

I look forward to the full HOC review :holmes:

Going to miss these blogs at the end of summer :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    Do you have any bikinis?

I look forward to the full HOC review :holmes:

Going to miss these blogs at the end of summer :cry2:
    I don't
    Spoiler:
    Show
    too self conscious haha
    EDIT: I think I know why you asked now :rofl: - boys will be boys

It'll be soon - Season 3 finale time :woo: give me 2/3 days

haha, bless! :teehee: Thank you for your support

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleepinglions)
    I don't
    Spoiler:
    Show
    too self conscious haha
    EDIT: I think I know why you asked now :rofl: - boys will be boys
    It'll be soon - Season 3 finale time :woo: give me 2/3 days

haha, bless! :teehee: Thank you for your support
    Only think lol

ReputationRep:
    DAY 17
    23rd July 2016

Life, my friends...is like a box of chocolates :yep:
    Yes, you guessed it - I watched Forrest Gump today!

This was such an incredible movie, with so many lessons and morals embedded within. I'm actually rather glad I didn't watch this when I was younger, because I doubt I would have appreciated the lessons as much as I do now, if that makes sense? Watching Forrest Gump quite literally taught me the meaning of life - anyone else the same? I love the fact that it was funny, there was action, there were moments of saddness, there was drama, it was so fab. Tom Hanks did such an amazing job!! I'd seriously reccomend this movie to anyone that hasn't seen it, has seen it but forgotten it, or has seen it and wasn't a huge fan!I really do understand the hype around this movie now :lol:I'm definitely going to have to check out the novel of this, this isnt the end!

ReputationRep:
    DAY 18
    24th July 2016
    Happy Sunday to my Lovers, lurkers and friends & more! :love:
    18. Catch a new release at the cinema
    Guess who saw the BFG today!! :woo: :woo: :woo:
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes boys and girls, I did. :teehee:

Name:  IMG_2672.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  481.6 KB
    I thought it was an incredibly cute movie, Mark Rylance did such a fantastic job at bringing one of my childhood favourites to life :teehee: Steven Spielberg’s production – insane, spectacular, all things magical, however it was a little shame that there was never a moment that was SO intense, or just SO dramatic, if that makes sense? So out of 5, I’d give it a 3.25 hehe.

GOALS ACHIEVED

18. Catch a new release at the cinema

ReputationRep:
    Such laziness two days in a row.

ReputationRep:
    Such laziness two days in a row.
    I'm so so sorry!

I set time aside this eve, but had so much prep stuff to do for work tomorrow

I'll get back with a BANG, just for you :hugs:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.