Turn on thread page Beta

Do people who walk slowly irritate you? watch

• View Poll Results: Do people who walk slowly irritate you?
    Yes
    82.27%
    No
    10.88%
    No... I am one of those people
    6.86%

ReputationRep:
    Yes, especially when they all of a sudden stop for no reason and you nearly walk into them

ReputationRep:
    Oh crap, I thought it said 'talk' instead of 'walk' so I voted 'no'.

Seems like I'll be taking another trip to Specsavers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scorpion95)
    Yes, especially when they all of a sudden stop for no reason and you nearly walk into them
    This annoys this living **** out of me. Where I live is predominantly full of old people, so not only do they walk at a pace that would make a zombie say "DAAAAAAAYYYUUUUUM!" but they also frequently stop right in front of you.

I get that they might get out of breath easier than me, and that their hearing loss might not lend itself well to spatial awareness, but for ****s sake if you've been old for long enough to realise that you need to stop frequently then walk either right up against the shops or adjacent to the curb, not down the middle of the pavement.

What annoys me even more than that is the mums with pushchairs that are large enough to carry the BFG who stop right in the middle of the pavement and completely block it with the aid of their friend who also has an absurdly sized pushchair. Christ on a bike, you could get the whole family in there. MOVE IT!

ReputationRep:
    Gawd, yes! Particularly in rush hour. Also when they walk diagonally without noticing where they are going. Dude really... in London... in rush hour... make an effort!

ReputationRep:
    Freaking hell yes. Especially when they're blocking the whole path and you have no other choice than to walk after them.

ReputationRep:
    Also when someone randomly meets a friend so they decide to stop right in the middle instead of taking a few steps out of the way so people could walk past.

There's this pretty narrow path going to store near my place and the other day some guys saw their friend going from work and just stopped in the middle of it. Didn't even move for me to walk past. I had to go through grass up to my knees to walk around them. The path opened up in just 5 steps or so... they could've at least moved there

It's really annoying especially if you're a fast paced like myself hate it when people stop on the middle of the path blocking my way.

ReputationRep:
    People need to understand pedestrian etiquette
    Walking in single lines when in groups and passing by other pedestrians, keeping a constant walking pace, and to be fully aware when walking, so no texting when walking.
    But driving can be much more stressful then walking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    I am guilty of that but I literally look up every two seconds to see if anyone is coming!

I've had that happen to me plenty of times walked straight into someone because of it and pulled a face like :unimpressed: to let them know that I wasn't pleased
    Well that's okay then

ReputationRep:
    Damn I thought I was the only person that gets fed up of people walking slow. Good to know there other people out there who understands me. :woo:

All my friends think I'm werid, cause I choose to walk fast. In fact it always pi**ed me off whenever my friends make me walk slow; just so we can have a convo

Everytime I walk slow I get a build up of energy inside and I feel like speeding everyway. :run:

ReputationRep:
    No, just chill out man, why do you want to rush in life? Like my mother always said, "patience is a virtue, virtue is a grace, put it all together and you'll have a pretty face".

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel on a regular basis. I have a relatively fast general walking pace so my friends are always telling me to slow down, it's frustrating! Especially because I know people can tell when I'm trying to walk slower.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I feel like kicking them off the pavements. Such evil people don't deserve to walk on the same pavements as us pure angels :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Its more about slow walkers who walk in a ridiculous path not allowing you to pass. If you want to talk slow, by all means do so but dont get in my ****ing way when im trying to get past

ReputationRep:
    Don't get me started there... Literally had a time where there has been three of them side by side Impossible to pass by! And with the couples, if im with my girlfriend one of us will always go ahead if its narrow because we know how annoying it is!
    :lol: PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    I always hope that when people walk with their phones that some random person randomly snatches their phone.

ReputationRep:
    Right, so I just went on my lunch break and I wanted to go to Tesco to get some bits and bobs, but people were walking SO slowly!

It may be just because I'm impatient when I need to get somewhere, but I am just curious as to whether anyone else understands my pain.

Feel free to share experiences below
    Groups of Year 7 girls in school who take up the whole corridor and walk at about 2mph are pretty bad. Oh and then they just randomly stop.

ReputationRep:
    Pro tip - don't go to the centre of Brighton on a Saturday..

ReputationRep:
    I use an electric wheelchair with a top speed of 6mph which I'm on pretty much constantly.

Slow walkers do my head in. Why should I be forced to go at 1mph just because the pavement is too small for me to overtake them and they're listening to music? I mean, I should probably have a little more patience, but it's really annoying.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.