Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the most stupid thing you have ever believed? Watch

ReputationRep:
    So many things. I was sickeningly naive when I was little.

I guess the first thing that comes to mind right now is that if I pray to god I will get millions of pounds!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Penguins are a fish

(Original post by FrogLad)
    Why is that a lie? I'm sure some people think you are amazing.
    Even if your country eats my species
    Aww :hugs: Idk I just assumed it was not true :lol:

xD if that can make you feel better I never had frogs, also that stereotype is kinda false, because not a lot of French actually ever ate frogs !
    But it's quite common in luxury restaurants tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Madgiddypig)
    My Mum always used to tell me that if the cows in a field are lying down, it's going to rain.
    I heard that from people as well when I was a kid. Don't think I really believed it though.

ReputationRep:
    Dunno, but I once convinced a young woman that **** Van Dyke was the inventor of the DVD.

ReputationRep:
    Moon hologram - I wasnt sure about this but Im not in sort of conspiracies theory person

ReputationRep:
    I was going to go on the aero plane for the first time and I was 7 years old when I believed that the moment I reach the sky, I will be able to see the space. Basically the solar system e.g. Jupiter. That is what I had been taught by my teacher. They said "Child, when you fly up to the sky, you will be able to see the space and even the astronauts". I had let my imagination gone wild.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    That there was a God.

That you could rub yourself out with a rubber
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    That dogs were all males and cats were all females, and that they got married to produce puppies and kittens together.

ReputationRep:
    That one of my 'friends' was from Mars and that on December 31 of a certain year he would come pick us up on his spaceship to live on Mars... O.O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    That you could rub yourself out with a rubber
    I actually tried that after I watched that spongebob episode where he finds a magic pencil

(Original post by Samii123)
    I actually tried that after I watched that spongebob episode where he finds a magic pencil
    Lol maybe that's where it came from! I didn't watch much spongebob but friends told me it was true and I didn't dare try it out to affirm the truth of their claim.

ReputationRep:
    That we only use 10% of our brains :facepalm: . It sounded romantic at the time.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.