What is David Cameron's legacy? Watch

• View Poll Results: what is david cameron's legacy
    an unfortunate incident involving a dead pig
    56.36%
    letting us leave the european union
    43.64%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    You don't get a further maths grade like the rest, if you do AQA you'd understand it's given to you like that. What do you want from me? A physical picture? A picture of my offers at uni? My certificates? I feel as though all we do is go around in circles. If you want to know some good news, I probably won't be going to uni because Core 3 was the worst experience of my life. You can make fun then.
    I do AQA and I did maths and further maths at AS. All 6 of my unit grades were given below and both of my AS grades were stated above on my results sheet. And I'm not making fun, I just don't believe you. Why would you say you got ABCD?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    At the risk of over-indulging my trademark optimism:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tanyapotter)
    I do AQA and I did maths and further maths at AS. All 6 of my unit grades were given below and both of my AS grades were stated above on my results sheet. And I'm not making fun, I just don't believe you. Why would you say you got ABCD?
    Having done AS Maths and FMaths it depends on the modules you take.

I took 6 modules in my first year but one module (C3) couldn't be put in AS Maths or the AS FMaths bracket so I only got 1 AS grade (for Maths) in my first year.

My board was Edexcel so it depends on his board and his modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJAKEE)
    Having done AS Maths and FMaths it depends on the modules you take.

I took 6 modules in my first year but one module (C3) couldn't be put in AS Maths or the AS FMaths bracket so I only got 1 AS grade (for Maths) in my first year.

My board was Edexcel so it depends on his board and his modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cool. Our boards are AQA, and he hasn't done any core A2 modules that would cause that to happen. FP1, D1 and D2 is a perfectly fine combination for AS further maths.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    weak
    gay marriage
    leaving eu
    ****ing a pig
    modernising tory party
    first majority since 1992

ReputationRep:
    Cameron will be remembered as the PM that could have been. He talked about the Big Society during his years as Tory leader which slowly eroded. His efforts to modernise the Tory party have been relatively successful due to the success of the Coalition government and particular policies (gay marriage being most notable). The image of the Tories being the nasty party is less existent than it was ages ago and consequently he has made them more electable. He took tough decisions during his time in power (particularly economically) and this should be commended - the deficit has been cut in half since he took power and unemployment lower than pre recession levels.

However he has been disastrous over constitutional + foreign matters. His success in the AV/Scottish referendums implicitly encouraged him for an EU one - which he never intended (he hoped for it to be used as a bargaining chip for future Lib Dem Coalition). His policy with Libya has proven to be a failure. His EU renegotiation was a failure. The Right in this country are very fractured (not as bad as the Left) which Theresa might bridge.

His failure in the EU has trumped all his accomplishments. He could have been the leader to save the UK economy and keep Scotland in the Uk - both are now at risk due to his recklessness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I really don't want to get into another argument because I think we've both had enough. However, I have done a bit of research and I'm told the reason my further maths result wasn't shown is because they weren't "cashed-in". The school might put my statistics 1 result, which I did this year, with my AS further maths qualification if it is the best outcome grades-wise.

As I said, if you look through the entire history of account you will find countless contradictions. It's frustrating that my grades are being questioned but I can't force you to believe something, and I can't really blame you. The reality is I'm hoping to go to Leeds in the summer to study either Economics or Chinese (we'll see which one), and for the past month I've been doing nothing but get in arguments over TSR, playing football and obsessing about Core 3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jake4198)
    I really don't want to get into another argument because I think we've both had enough. However, I have done a bit of research and I'm told the reason my further maths result wasn't shown is because they weren't "cashed-in". The school might put my statistics 1 result, which I did this year, with my AS further maths qualification if it is the best outcome grades-wise.

As I said, if you look through the entire history of account you will find countless contradictions. It's frustrating that my grades are being questioned but I can't force you to believe something, and I can't really blame you. The reality is I'm hoping to go to Leeds in the summer to study either Economics or Chinese (we'll see which one), and for the past month I've been doing nothing but get in arguments over TSR, playing football and obsessing about Core 3.
    Okay. I don't believe you, because I can't honestly fathom why someone who loves facts so much would contradict himself about his grades and say he got ABCD, when in reality he got AAAA. Just doesn't make sense to me, I'm afraid. No one who gets straight As pretends they did less well, and most people with straight As aim higher than for universities with AAB requirements. But I don't need you to explain why you've lied, because I really cannot be bothered to continue this conversation. Bye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankielogue)
    weak
    gay marriage
    leaving eu
    ****ing a pig
    modernising tory party
    first majority since 1992
    Coalition too but yea

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So with regards to gay marriage, was that for purely proposing the legislation? Because the only way it was finally enacted was through other political factions.

I guess I'm not disputing giving him a small portion of credit for that but to call it a defining feature of his legacy is surely a little over the top? Or are we just saying that, for a Tory, he's slightly more liberal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paraphilos)
    So with regards to gay marriage, was that for purely proposing the legislation? Because the only way it was finally enacted was through other political factions.

I guess I'm not disputing giving him a small portion of credit for that but to call it a defining feature of his legacy is surely a little over the top? Or are we just saying that, for a Tory, he's slightly more liberal?
    Gay marriage wasn't in the Tory or Lib Dem manifestos in 2010, and as far as I'm aware not in Labour's. What was defining about it was that Cameron pushed for it despite the bulk of his party being against it. And you are right - it showed that he was (to some extent) a liberal conservative as opposed to a traditional conservative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The man who made it his priority to bring same-sex marriage to the UK, despite it tearing up half his party. It wasn't in the Tory manifesto but he still made it a priority. Bravo, Dave. :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Mr Cameron single handedly stopped the vile trade in Squirting Videos.

ReputationRep:
    A lucky git. He won 2 elections and 2 referendums and he didn't fight a good campaign in any. His luck eventually ran out in June. I do not know why he took the gamble, and I do not know why no one questioned his ability to win the referendum campaign.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrJAKEE)
    Gay marriage wasn't in the Tory or Lib Dem manifestos in 2010, and as far as I'm aware not in Labour's. What was defining about it was that Cameron pushed for it despite the bulk of his party being against it. And you are right - it showed that he was (to some extent) a liberal conservative as opposed to a traditional conservative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would have thought that it was pretty clear from the start that David Cameron is liberal.

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought that it was pretty clear from the start that David Cameron is liberal.
    True but actions speak louder than labels.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Homelessness

ReputationRep:
    David Cameron will go down in history as a disastrous prime minister. An arrogant, elitist, out-of-touch, ineffective, spineless man who put the needs of his party ahead of the needs of his people...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.