Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hello. My girlfriend of four months doesn't give blowjobs yet loves me going down on her (which I do). Every time I bring it up she says she doesnt like doing it but will one day. :rolleyes: Its getting to the point where I am considering breaking up with her over this. Receiving oral sex is something I really like and am used to as my exes did it. I don't know how to approach this as I really like her but don't want to be in a relationship where I don't receive blowjobs.

Help?
    You, sir, are the reason why Ramsay Bolton chops dicks off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infairverona)
    If you're seriously going to break up with her over that, do her a favour and dump her now
    (Original post by katherine9609)
    How tragic.
    By breaking up with her you'd be doing her a favour
    (Original post by spv)
    What a b!tch. You want to break up over such a stupid reason.
    (Original post by infairverona)
    I wouldn't side with a girl just because she was a girl. I think it's pretty pathetic to break up with someone over something so trivial, you obviously don't like her that much if you would rather not be with her as long as you get blowjobs :rolleyes: I personally wouldn't want someone I like a lot doing anything sexually that they weren't comfortable with, and if I was comfortable doing it then who cares? If you're only giving it to receive that's very immature
    (Original post by fatima1998)
    OMGGGGG
    sex is not one aspect of the relationship that's what it sounds like to me
    sex is everything in a relationship.
    OP you should have made it clear, you want only sex in your relationship and if you dont do it then i'll break up
    I'm sorry, but you're all missing the point here.

OP likes blowjobs. He wants blowjobs to be a part of his sex life. If he is not receiving blowjobs and his partner is not willing to compromise, then they are sexually incompatible. Regardless of what people say, sex is important in most relationships and being incompatible will only lead to resentment later on down the road. It's best OP discusses this with his partner NOW rather than wait years only to break up and deal with even more emotional pain.

OP - Discuss this with your partner, in detail. Explain it's something you really enjoy and it would help make your sexual experience and bond with her even more amazing. Express your understanding of her lack of desire to do it, but encourage her to try it and see if she can become more comfortable with it.

I know someone who was indifferent to giving blowjobs but once they got used to it, it was one of their favorite things to do. People do change their mind.

ReputationRep:
    Ah that's a tough one. Obviously you can't pressure someone to do something they dont want to, but if it's important to you then it would be frustrating. Has she said why she's not keen on giving you oral? I know if the person I was with wouldn't go down on me I'd be disappointed, and I'd take it personally.

(Original post by Ella-keturah)
    Ah that's a tough one. Obviously you can't pressure someone to do something they dont want to, but if it's important to you then it would be frustrating. Has she said why she's not keen on giving you oral? I know if the person I was with wouldn't go down on me I'd be disappointed, and I'd take it personally.
    She said she just doesn't like doing it. I'm very disappointed as well.

ReputationRep:
    You need to ask her what about it she doesn't like. If it's the taste then try flavoured lube and don't finish in her mouth. If it's bevause of hpv/throat cancer then she shouldn't want you to give her oral. Maybe she's had a bad experience, in that case reassure her she can go at her own pace and that you won't force her head down.

ReputationRep:
    Then stop going down on her, it's only fair

ReputationRep:
    Ditch that b****. If she ain't gonna return the favour for you, cut her loose and move on. There are plenty of girls out there who will give you a BJ without a second thought.

ReputationRep:
    Most girls don't like doing it, but i do it cos I like the effect it has on my fiance. TBF if my fiance did it as much as you claim to I couldn't help but reciprocate. The only thing I can suggest is stop doing it for her, If you don't get it neither does she.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a girl and would never go down on a guy because it is a slutty act. If you want a girl to go down on you, go to a slut/prostitute.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by fatima1998)
    OMGGGGG
    sex is not one aspect of the relationship that's what it sounds like to me
    sex is everything in a relationship.
    OP you should have made it clear, you want only sex in your relationship and if you dont do it then i'll break up
    You must be taking some pretty weird ****.

With my fiancée and me, sex is something that happens very occasionally (mostly because LDR TBF); most of the time we're doing something like:
    • Talking
    • Playing video games
    • Walking
    • Watching films/listening to music
    • Reading/talking about books
    • Cooking/eating
    • Cuddling
    Not in any particular order - but we're been in a very good, strong relationship for... two and a half years so far (roughly), founded on our friendship and common interests.

As for OP: if you don't want to be in a relationship because she's not giving you blowjobs, maybe you need to be single for a while so you can think through your priorities a little.

Spoiler:
    Show
    For the record, I don't actually like receiving oral, myself. I know this makes me weird. IDGAF :pierre:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.