Fluent in English, Russian and Sarcasm
    Also can think in all 3

ReputationRep:
    Serbian, English, French, Italian.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    Fluent in English, Russian and Sarcasm
    Also can think in all 3
    What age did you learn English and Russian?

and Sarcasm :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fg45344)
    What age did you learn English and Russian?

and Sarcasm :P
    I'm from Russia originally, started learning English when I was 7 (moved to the UK at that time). I'd say I was pretty confident speaking it when I was 9/10 I speak both languages at home too
    Also learned sarcasm a bit later on unfortunately haha

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Russia originally, started learning English when I was 7 (moved to the UK at that time). I'd say I was pretty confident speaking it when I was 9/10 I speak both languages at home too
    So you can think in 2 languages?

ReputationRep:
    speak & think fluently:
    English
    Swiss German
    German

Speak & think in broken:
    French

Learning to speak:
    Japanese

ReputationRep:
    So you can think in 2 languages?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    I can speak and think in 3 languages only :getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Actuvia)
    speak & think fluently:
    English
    Swiss German
    German

Speak & think in broken:
    French

Learning to speak:
    Japanese
    Wow that's great! How are you finding Japanese? I really want to learn another language, just not sure which one yet.

English, Mandarin and to a lesser extent Spanish

ReputationRep:
    Any of you guys speaking 2 or more languages fluently ever had awkward moments?
    For example: I once answered an English question in Russian by accident haha thankfully it was only a yes or no question

ReputationRep:
    Yep
    What is it like thinking in Russian?

ReputationRep:
    English = Speak & Think.
    Urdu, French, Spanish & Mirpuri = Speak.

ReputationRep:
    What is it like thinking in Russian?
    Well it feels normal to me. I never really thought about it, I've been doing it pretty much all my life (except for the time when I think in English obviously)

ReputationRep:
    Well it feels normal to me. I never really thought about it, I've been doing it pretty much all my life (except for the time when I think in English obviously)
    So you can keep switching between thinking in Russian and thinking in English?

ReputationRep:
    So you can keep switching between thinking in Russian and thinking in English?
    Yes, well it tends to depend on the people I'm around - when I'm with English speakers I think in English and same for Russian I just think in either when I'm alone or a mix of both if I'm feeling adventurous

ReputationRep:
    Yes, well it tends to depend on the people I'm around - when I'm with English speakers I think in English and same for Russian I just think in either when I'm alone or a mix of both if I'm feeling adventurous
    I would have thought you would think in your stronger language when thinking alone?

ReputationRep:
    I would have thought you would think in your stronger language when thinking alone?
    Yep I do have a preference for my stronger language (which is English) But I do think in Russian too for example if I've just read something in Russian/ listened to a song in Russian if you get what I mean

ReputationRep:
    Yep I do have a preference for my stronger language (which is English) But I do think in Russian too for example if I've just read something in Russian/ listened to a song in Russian if you get what I mean
    But you could force yourself to think in Russian when thinking on your own, right? Can you think in any other languages, or just those 2?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.