Turn on thread page Beta

Emergency Statement from Acting Foreign Secretary on behalf of Her Majesty's Govt. watch

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RayApparently)
    The world must look awfully funny through your eyes if you think that we're not opposing you. :laugh:
    Are you disbanding your shadow cabinet, because the opposition does not come from those with the briefs often, they certainly don't come in a timely manner. Writing a hundred words doesn't take two days, it takes two minutes, and that's when ever s hundred words are managed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Are you disbanding your shadow cabinet, because the opposition does not come from those with the briefs often, they certainly don't come in a timely manner. Writing a hundred words doesn't take two days, it takes two minutes, and that's when ever s hundred words are managed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pot calls kettle black. :rolleyes: Would you rather only the Shadow Minister commented on the relevant item? (though it's not like you've produced an item for each brief for that to even make sense)

Why should Dan rush to write essays when this (short) statement is so easily torn apart?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Pot calls kettle black. :rolleyes: Would you rather only the Shadow Minister commented on the relevant item? (though it's not like you've produced an item for each brief for that to even make sense)

Why should Dan rush to write essays when this (short) statement is so easily torn apart?
    I would rather shadow ministers actually make substantial responses rather than often not even posting. If you want an example feel free to look at last term where your defence SoI was withdrawn after mere hours.

EDIT: Sorry, might have been the term before, poor costing and over taxation turns into one big blur.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    I would rather shadow ministers actually make substantial responses rather than often not even posting. If you want an example feel free to look at last term where your defence SoI was withdrawn after mere hours.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    I do hope you level those criticisms with the same fervour with your own front-bench.

My Defence SOI???
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I do hope you level those criticisms with the same fervour with your own front-bench.

My Defence SOI???
    Are you denying ever being in government?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Are you denying ever being in government?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I don't recall the SOI you are referencing. I remember a Defence SOI being withdrawn very quickly but that was when I was Leader of the Opposition and a result of pressure I was putting on the government of the day.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I don't recall the SOI you are referencing. I remember a Defence SOI being withdrawn very quickly but that was when I was Leader of the Opposition and a result of pressure I was putting on the government of the day.
    It was either in December or last summer because I was in the pub when it was put up, did the research for the SoS for them and composed a thorough response by about 1, THB then evaded for a bit and it was formally withdrawn the following evening.

Must have been Christmas because I then slated the government again in the budget for not taking anything on board

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Debate on this statement has concluded.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.