Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the information, I received an offer.

(Original post by Acsel)
    Dropped you a message

I think at this stage most offers have been handed out. A member of staff may say otherwise and you may well have been allocated a room but they've not had a chance to let you know. If you don't get a place you should be notified that you've been unsuccessful but I've not seen any posts with people saying they received emails of that sort yet. Portsmouth have been super helpful getting everything sorted so you'll hear from them one way or another.

You've got a little over a month to get things sorted. It's not impossible that you'll still receive an offer but if it were me I'd be looking at alternatives now, just in case. I wouldn't want to find out in a week or two that I don't have anywhere to live and be rushing around doing all the research looking for somewhere. I wouldn't commit but I'd be researching options. If nothing else it gets you ready for next years's accommodation hunt.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by loveleest)
    I haven't paid and it's past the deadline because I need an overdraft to pay for my accommodation and I am still sorting this out. Is this okay?
    Best to call us on 023 9284 3214 so we can see what we can sort )

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm going to be in Harry Law Halls in room 446, does anyone else know their room yet? I'm going to be studying Criminology and Forensic Science

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm in James Watson, block A, flat 512! Anyone roommates out there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UoPHousingTeam)
    Best to call us on 023 9284 3214 so we can see what we can sort )
    The number is incorrect

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone else not paid for their accommodation yet?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    If you're a Unite Hall-allocated person, they should be in touch VERY soon! I am guessing if this is you, you will be in the batch of peeps they will be contacting which should be next week hopefully!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UoPHousingTeam)
    If you're a Unite Hall-allocated person, they should be in touch VERY soon! I am guessing if this is you, you will be in the batch of peeps they will be contacting which should be next week hopefully!
    I am not sure what that is but I am in qeqm halls...they contacted me saying I need to pay my £250 now. But I don't have the money for it right now. I am still in the process of setting up my student account so I can pay with my overdraft. What should I do?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    I am not sure what that is but I am in qeqm halls...they contacted me saying I need to pay my £250 now. But I don't have the money for it right now. I am still in the process of setting up my student account so I can pay with my overdraft. What should I do?
    Ahh I see! Can you please email us about this on [email protected] and we'll see what we can to help )

ReputationRep:
    I paid my deposit a couple of days ago for Greetham st.

I am yet still to fill out the direct debit details etc, they like to make these things complicated I swear!

I have been emailing them though and their responses are pretty spot on and quick. They provided me with a number to call and I can sort it all out via phonecall. So much easier talking to someone on the phone as opposed to sitting frustrated behind a computer screen haha.

Well as long as it's not an automated voice system

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.