Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Islam and the fast-changing environment of 21st century Earth watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D00)
    Why are you adamant? Where's your proof? The burden of proof is on you for claiming such a God exists.

Scientific knowledge in the Qur'an? Don't make me laugh. You ought to read some proper scientific papers then if you love science so much. Because the Qur'an is not scientific, and is an insult to science and knowledge to claim it is.

When you're dead you won't be 'happy', you'll be dead. You won't exist anymore but your decaying body. And that's more of a truth then believing in fairytales.
    you sound like you're belittling me lol. Believe me I have an open mind, I have researched many religions but always believed that there is one God. The intricacy of the earth is enough proof to allow me to accept that there must have been a divine being who created the universe.

Have you ever read the Qur'an?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    I made many positive claims, so do not deflect now; if your answers are satisfactory, I will prove it to you
    You think there's a God, the burden of proof is on YOU.

Now, where is your evidence there is a God? And where is your evidence that out of the THOUSANDS of religions on planet Earth, Islam is the right one?

Where is your proof? The burden is on YOU.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Sara_)
    I already said that I no longer feel like I'm following my religion blindly. I am adamant that there is a God who created this world. When I read the Qur'an I was astounded by the amount of scientific knowledge that it contained, especially considering when the book was revealed.

I don't feel like a mug, I am happy that I am able to live a pious life. I can confidently say that when I die I will be happy with the life that I lived as a muslim.
    Scientific knowledge such as god saying that he "created everything in pairs, males and females" despite the existence of a few female-only species? Shouldn't that be enough to prove him wrong?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desert...hiptail_lizard

Scientific knowledge such as the split moon, for which no evidence at all exists? Quite the opposite actually.

Scientific knowledge such as the idea that humans came from Adam and Eve despite every scientist in every decent university on the face of the Earth believing it's not true, and that it was Evolution instead that brought humans into existence?

Scientific knowledge such as the idea that humans were created from clay? Despite clay lacking most of the nutrients and substances required for humans to actually develop?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D00)
    You think there's a God, the burden of proof is on YOU.

Now, where is your evidence there is a God? And where is your evidence that out of the THOUSANDS of religions on planet Earth, Islam is the right one?

Where is your proof? The burden is on YOU.
    What a weak attempt at deflection; stop squirming. I never opened the discussion with the positive claim that there is a God, rather you opened the discussion with insulting me and other theists before making many claims. Just because you know I believe in God does not give you right within a debate/discussion which you started, after making many unsubstantiated claims, to demand answers from me when I have not made a positive claim yet - that's not how this works. You are now squirming because I am playing you at your own game (of bullying people with constantly questioning their claims) and it frustrates you.

Either grow up and answer my requests and prove your claims, after which I will prove any claims I have made after, or grow up and move on, because clearly this isn't working for you right now and instead making you look like a bigot who doesn't know how to debate :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    Ahhh for f***'s sake, where is the phobia, the hatred or the fear in this thread? It's nothing but a rational argument put forward by someone who, presumably, cares for the Muslim population enough to care to address them instead of posting stuff like "Deport em all!!" or whatever people post these days.

Comments like yours will dilute the word until eventually it becomes meaningless. If all criticism of religion is equated with hatred towards its people, one day this hatred will be justified because the criticism of ideas is a totally justifiable, liberal value and it's now equated with hatred of people.
    :dry: :bored:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 18, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.