x Turn on thread page Beta

The thigh gap, do you find it attractive? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PrincessBO$$)
    Black lives matter <Thigh gaps matter!
    Seriously dude?
    It really depends on your pearspective

Now, black lives do matter, however, black lives matter as an organisation can go **** themselves they're a borderline hate group that's lost it's way. People just use it as an excuse to break the law and vandalise stuff.

But I mean, thigh gaps though... :fan:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Miracle)
    Well, they're idiots then
    That's rather harsh

ReputationRep:
    I do not find them attractive, and infact, I'd find it unattractive if one would aspire to achieve a thigh gap.

ReputationRep:
    Well, they're idiots then
    How old are you? 12?

ReputationRep:
    why be hour glass when you can be a pear
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I wish my boobs were bigger so i can be an
    ourglass
    :emo:
    Bigger boobs equals hourglass? I'm bad at body shapes. I think my body shape is just straight. Hourglass shape looks great in dresses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AppleB)
    Some people have wide hips hence the thigh gap
    You can have wide hips and still not be able to get a thigh gap. There are number of factors that determine whether orr not you can naturally have one.

(Original post by hezzlington)
    I do not find them attractive, and infact, I'd find it unattractive if one would aspire to achieve a thigh gap.
    Welcome to the 21st century society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    That's rather harsh
    (Original post by 99_Problems)
    How old are you? 12?
    Anorexia and Body dysmorphic disorders are real psychological problems; voluntarily starving yourself for obtaining something as arbitrary as a thigh gap is moronic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    It really depends on your pearspective

Now, black lives do matter, however, black lives matter as an organisation can go **** themselves they're a borderline hate group that's lost it's way. People just use it as an excuse to break the law and vandalise stuff.

But I mean, thigh gaps though... :fan:
    haha you're soooo funny.
    True. People are using it as an excuse to do crime and play victim
    seriously?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    You can have wide hips and still not be able to get a thigh gap. There are number of factors that determine whether orr not you can naturally have one.
    It's more likely.
    True.

ReputationRep:
    haha you're soooo funny.
    True. People are using it as an excuse to do crime and play victim
    seriously?
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Thigh gaps

ReputationRep:
    Not really

ReputationRep:
    Anorexia and Body dysmorphic disorders are real psychological problems; voluntarily starving yourself for obtaining something as arbitrary as a thigh gap is moronic
    Oh yes I agree, starving yourself for the sole purpose of achieving a thigh gap is stupid.

But I think sometimes there is a very thin line between vanity and a genuine psychological disorder, I think it's possible for people to push themselves into an eating disorder (an illness) in the pursuit of an ideal which is fuelled by vanity, in this case it's no longer stupid and can become quite worrying.

ReputationRep:
    I don't have one But i'm on a diet lool,

ReputationRep:
    Just don't care..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes)
    Oh yes I agree, starving yourself for the sole purpose of achieving a thigh gap is stupid.

But I think sometimes there is a very thin line between vanity and a genuine psychological disorder, I think it's possible for people to push themselves into an eating disorder (an illness) in the pursuit of an ideal which is fuelled by vanity, in this case it's no longer stupid and can become quite worrying.
    I agree wholeheartedly, and perhaps my initial comments were rather rash.

There's indeed a fine line, but how does one really make the difference. Some suffering from BDD may as well be hoping to obtain a thigh gap, but in my opinion the majority are simply try to join in on the (unhealthy) fad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drowzee)
    Yeah it's really sad to see girls starving themselves over it. It's such a minor thing. Not a full one, but I have the triangle gap between my thighs.

What's ew?
    Thigh gap

ReputationRep:
    I agree wholeheartedly, and perhaps my initial comments were rather rash.

There's indeed a fine line, but how does one really make the difference. Some suffering from BDD may as well be hoping to obtain a thigh gap, but in my opinion the majority are simply try to join in on the (unhealthy) fad
    I think the difference is obvious when someone begins to consider starvation/purging food as a "diet" to reach a goal weight.

I became interested in the "pro-ana"/ "pro-mia" community a while back to find out what it was all about (during exam period when I felt the need to procrastinate and had banned myself from youtube etc XD) and what I saw on some Tumblr pages and some websites would probably make actual anorexic/bulimic sufferers furious. People aspire towards being ill, it's quite distressing.

I really do believe it's a debilitating mental illness (like any other mental illness) and there are some girls in the world who wear is proudly like a badge. It's sad.

ReputationRep:
    What's a thigh gap? Sorry, I live on TSR so...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tianshan)
    Some girls starve themselves to get a gap between their thighs. What do you think?
    iin my opinion, it's all down to personal preference.

yes, most/some men prefer thigh gaps on women; but at the same time, lets not forget that most women have ridiculous standards that men must rise to; e..g physically fit beyond david beckhams' standards; taller than beckham; richer than beckham; smarter than beckham; well dressed more than beckham; actually.. just be better than beckham. this in turn creates negative backlash on men as well (although, you woulnd't hear of it because men are taught to internalise this and no matter all social attempts otherwise, they would still do so. e.g. look at the reggie yates programm on the BBC3 - the one that showcases the fact that some men actually risk their lives and go through surgery in order to live).

so yeah. it is ******** to ascertain that it's only females that have these standards. men do as well; just take a look at all the male adverts that advertise any body that isn't sculpted by living in the gym for 3 years is worthless (ironically, women complain if men do so when they're dating them. talk about hypocrisy).

regardless, i don't care about the plights of these girls (however i do care about the guys, because unlike women, guys DONT have makeup/whatever to fix the way they look. their only selling point physically is the gym. that's it. women on the other hand have: waist trainers, foundation, eyeliner, lipstick, liposuction, butt lift, nose jobs, lip jobs; e.t.c. added to the pressures that is subcounciously taught on a daily basis, that without those things they are worthless; i actually pity most guys and what they have to go through before they find 'the one'.) . i couldn't possibly care less. call me heartless.. i don't care. no one told them to be that stupid/daft to follow an unhealthy practice. men have preferences, women have preferences. the only way to go through life is to make the best of what YOU have.. not to go out risking your life to impress dave and jonny because that's what they like. so what happens when those guys decide to live your unhealthy ass because they change their minds? who is to blame if that practise results in their deaths? the guys? or those stupid infants because they let instagram and the like taint their minds?

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.