Bake off 2016!!!

Announcements Posted on
Four things that unis think matter more than league tables 08-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    Last year after the final they re-aired all of the previous series, until mid -December-ish. I can't remember whether they were nightly or weekly, but it was on BBC2 or 3 and I guess the i-player. So really just keep your eye's peeled after the bake off finishes.
    Ahh ok, was kinda hoping you were gonna say you found them elsewhere online :lol: Will definitely keep my eyes peeled though!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Jane looks nice, but I'm not so sure about Andrew, I think he might be one of the first to go. He just looks like he's gonna be a bit unskilled but arrogant, of course I might be being too judgemental, and he might actually be great.
    Actually reading Lee's mini biography I think he might go quite far.Val reminds me a bit of Diana, but hopefully there will be enough freezers this year, but if not we know the first person to blame for the liquid ice cream.
    And Louise just looks a bit scary not a fan of her.
    Personally
    (Original post by Platopus)
    Haha yes I love Benjamina too!

Literally can't decide who is my favourite right now. Selasi looks like a really friendly guy and so does Andrew. I think Lee will be good, too and Jane.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much.... If I'm honest I'm really really scared. Like, petrified I just want it to go well so much but I know it hasn't. Argh sorry to be depressing, this is meant to be a positive thread!
    Aw that's okay! There's a piece about how to stop worrying about your results here, and we'll be around all day on Thursday to help out PM me if you need anything at all! :heart:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    Aw that's okay! There's a piece about how to stop worrying about your results here, and we'll be around all day on Thursday to help out PM me if you need anything at all! :heart:
    Thanks so much and I probably will do when my results come in... You guys are too kind

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear... The BBC has already been accused of gender stereotyping for having the male bakers whisk blue icing and the female bakers whisk pink in their promo shoot... I'm not a rampant feminist by any means but even I think this was a silly decision with an easily predictable outcome by the BBC. Why not mix it up and give every baker a different icing colour? Still, it's probably been blown out of proportion by critics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ake-off-icing/

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. Jane looks nice, but I'm not so sure about Andrew, I think he might be one of the first to go. He just looks like he's gonna be a bit unskilled but arrogant, of course I might be being too judgemental, and he might actually be great.
    Actually reading Lee's mini biography I think he might go quite far.Val reminds me a bit of Diana, but hopefully there will be enough freezers this year, but if not we know the first person to blame for the liquid ice cream.
    And Louise just looks a bit scary not a fan of her.
    Personally
    Yeah, Andrew looks a bit wimpy, don't know why. I'm excited to see what they are actually like as people!

After the first episode, we should all predict the winner and see if anyone guesses correctly.

ReputationRep:
    Although GBBO gives me life the thing that annoys me is THAT CHOCOLATE CAKE AT THE START OF THE SHOW BECAUSE ALL THE BLOODY RASPBERRIES DON'T COVER THE GODDAMN SURFACE OF THE CAKE!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    Although GBBO gives me life the thing that annoys me is THAT CHOCOLATE CAKE AT THE START OF THE SHOW BECAUSE ALL THE BLOODY RASPBERRIES DON'T COVER THE GODDAMN SURFACE OF THE CAKE!!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Oh, I'm sorry... Did that bother you?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear... The BBC has already been accused of gender stereotyping for having the male bakers whisk blue icing and the female bakers whisk pink in their promo shoot... I'm not a rampant feminist by any means but even I think this was a silly decision with an easily predictable outcome by the BBC. Why not mix it up and give every baker a different icing colour? Still, it's probably been blown out of proportion by critics.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ake-off-icing/
    I agree it seems kinda unnecessary to give the men blue and the women pink. They could of just had them whipping up cake-batter colour stuff instead...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fox Corner)
    I agree it seems kinda unnecessary to give the men blue and the women pink. They could of just had them whipping up cake-batter colour stuff instead...
    Or rainbow icing!! With sprinkles...

Ok, my inner child is showing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by platopus)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    oh, i'm sorry... Did that bother you? :e
    triggered

ReputationRep:
    I'm so so so excited, i like the look of the ginger bloke haha.

ReputationRep:
    So excited for bake off this year, I got all my friends into it last year !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    triggered
    I'm sorry, I will leave you to your safe space.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly the most scathing article of the 12 contestants but this is my favourite article so far.

ReputationRep:
    Possibly the most scathing article of the 12 contestants but this is my favourite article so far.
    This is BRILLIANT!!! Not long now!

ReputationRep:
    Tom and Andrew two 'man babies'

ReputationRep:
    And now my favourite, too. Love it. Thanks for the link! Have a rep

ReputationRep:
    And now my favourite, too. Love it. Thanks for the link! Have a rep
    Thanks. I would give you rep for that other comment but I still can't .
    How did your results go BTW?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks. I would give you rep for that other comment but I still can't .
    How did your results go BTW?
    Haha dw about the reps!

Thanks for remembering results day

I got:
    English Lit: A* (100% UMS)
    History: A* (92% UMS)
    Philosophy: A* (99% UMS)

I was so shocked, particularly by the Philosophy because I thought I had flunked the exam. I don't understand it at all. But I'm delighted!

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 30, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think you'll achieve your predicted A Level grades?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.