Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    > Is a Vonc against the liberal

> Talks about budget being produced by a conservative chancellor

Make your mind up mate. And anyway, I'm not willing to get into bed with anyone. Why do you think you're still not in Government? 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This is motion against the Government in which the liberal party is a member of .. Although one of the main factors in the MoNC is your party.
    Also your chief secretary so you have impact on the budget... In fact Liberal Departments ( If there are any ) influence the budget like Conservative Departments do .

If i remember correctly it was your party that rage quit the LAB/LIB Coalition a while back

ReputationRep:
    Aye, considering the low output of the government outlined, this MoNC was going to be an eventuality. Doesn't matter if it's x's party fault not y's or vice versa. It's a failure on both sides for not being able to create enough quality legislation together to better the lives of the virtual masses.
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    This is motion against the Government in which the liberal party is a member of .. Although one of the main factors in the MoNC is your party.
    Also your chief secretary so you have impact on the budget... In fact Liberal Departments ( If there are any ) influence the budget like Conservative Departments do .

If i remember correctly it was your party that rage quit the LAB/LIB Coalition a while back
    I'm not saying the motion should be against the Tories either for that matter. We're a united Government.

True, but I don't actually write the budget. I just help with costing. The Financier is a very hands on, head down Chancellor.

That was around June 2015. Airmed was leader and certain members of the Labour Party that have since left MHoC caused issues which at the time we felt could not be resolved. It was hardly a rage quit.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PetrosAC)
    I'm not saying the motion should be against the Tories either for that matter. We're a united Government.

True, but I don't actually write the budget. I just help with costing. The Financier is a very hands on, head down Chancellor.

That was around June 2015. Airmed was leader and certain members of the Labour Party that have since left MHoC caused issues which at the time we felt could not be resolved. It was hardly a rage quit.
    hazzer1998 It wasn't a rage quit. Why are you dragging up **** from over a year ago?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Great....

Anyone willing to write an amendment to restrict MoNCs to one per government?

In all seriousness though, as i said during all the other MoNCs that have been put before myself during my time here, its one thing to claim that you have no confidence in the government, but its anither thing entirely to then have confidence in the alternative.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No government a la Belgium is a better alternative than supporting an attempted military takeover by a faction of an army, as the present Government did last Friday.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    So you're saying reservation of posts which are then often not used is constructive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You seem to be suggesting only Labour members do it though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by McRite)
    Aye, considering the low output of the government outlined, this MoNC was going to be an eventuality. Doesn't matter if it's x's party fault not y's or vice versa. It's a failure on both sides for not being able to create enough quality legislation together to better the lives of the virtual masses.
    Virtual masses? That made my day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I Repeat what Nigel Said . This is a MoNC Against the Liberal Party . Their Weak Leader who is willing to get into bed with anyone providing they get a position but not acutally produce any polices or statements to do with the position they have taken up.

The 90 Day Target for a budget is in taters and only a handful of bills have reached division. With a few statement of intents , cabinet switchovers , and MPs rebelling against government policy this government is unfit to be in office.

I Urge all members who want a government that can should vote Aye in this Motion of No Confidence.

It's a shame to see a decent , Strong Party being held back by a party that has been in numerous failed coalitions
    Although I agree that their are problems, Petros is no weak leader.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    Virtual masses? That made my day
    Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I'll vote in favour, but the last MoNC wasn't exactly too long ago. I'm not so sure the outcome will be any different.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mactotaur)
    I'll vote in favour, but the last MoNC wasn't exactly too long ago. I'm not so sure the outcome will be any different.
    I believe the outcome will be different. The Government have been given a month to address the issues raised in the last MoNC and they have simply failed to do anything about them. Also, the Government has become a lot more unstable that it was last time.

ReputationRep:
    Con-Lib coalition has submitted 4 bills in 3 months, 2 of those months were during exams
    Lab-Lib coalition had submitted 9 bills in 6 months, during no exams at all (I'm not including withdrawn bills)

Those within Labour calling this MONC did exactly the same thing and at least we have an excuse. You, however, did not...

I would also like to point out that even if whoever the cat (Labour) dragged in get into govt., the problem would still be present due to patchy activity as people go abroad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I believe the outcome will be different. The Government have been given a month to address the issues raised in the last MoNC and they have simply failed to do anything about them. Also, the Government has become a lot more unstable that it was last time.
    I'm all for it. I feel a little surprised to see Hazzer spearheading it, but why not.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Con-Lib coalition has submitted 4 bills in 3 months, 2 of those months were during exams
    Lab-Lib coalition had submitted 9 bills in 6 months, during no exams at all (I'm not including withdrawn bills)

Those within Labour calling this MONC did exactly the same thing and at least we have an excuse. You, however, did not...

I would also like to point out that even if whoever the cat (Labour) dragged in get into govt., the problem would still be present due to patchy activity as people go abroad.
    The last Lab-Lib coalition put forward around 15 bills and 14 SOIs.

And the current Labour Party on it's own (exams and all) is completely outclassing the government when it comes to both the quality and quantity of legislation produced.

I'd be much more impressed if you argued the merits of your party rather than try to criticise mine.
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Obviously can't vote on this myself, but it would be an aye

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Next time Labour are in government, I will make it my goal to personally match the output activity of this entire government. Then, anything anyone else does is a bonus, right?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheDefiniteArticle)
    Next time Labour are in government, I will make it my goal to personally match the output activity of this entire government. Then, anything anyone else does is a bonus, right?
    The figures are false anyway. Presumably he used the Division Lobby to count and not Hansard.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Ummmm Christmas? And there were exams too... Most unis have exams in mid-December or early to mid-January... Plus there were SoIs too.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I find it amusing that there is an accusation of Tory infighting. In myself and Jammy you have two very frank and outspoken members who unlike many actually like the battle, to crush ones opponents. All you saw last week was Jammy getting a bit gung ho and me being a bit undiplomatic.

No division in the Tories exists. In the past week alone we have defended each other on foreign policy and the railways and agree on many other issues.

Indeed, despite vigorous debate in the government what we've seen internally is that many MP's immediately affirmed their resolve to see the coalition through.

This vote of no confidence will be crushed, the radical Marxists supporting it will not win.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Ummmm Christmas? And there were exams too... Most unis have exams in mid-December or early to mid-January... Plus there were SoIs too.
    Christmas is hardly an excuse. Most people only take a week or so out of their normal routine, and some only take a few days off.

More will be doing exams during the summer than December, and I don't ever recall seeing someone say they cannot submit something because of winter exams.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.