Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    cannot recall, i remember hearing her having mic problems at LE.

ReputationRep:
    I just can't stand R'n'B or whatever. Or most 'synthesised' music tbh made on drum machines and the like. Also I'm soo fed up with the stereotype of asians liking rap and R'n'B, I'm 'asian' and Im fed up of people making assumtions about me before meeting me! I don't dress like a chav, jeans and t-shirts etc, yet people always assume I listen to rap. Their face when they see the likes of arcade fire, velvet underground, albert hammond, sigur ros on my ipod, sorry rant over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by totalfussball)
    I just can't stand R'n'B or whatever. Or most 'synthesised' music tbh made on drum machines and the like. Also I'm soo fed up with the stereotype of asians liking rap and R'n'B, I'm 'asian' and Im fed up of people making assumtions about me before meeting me! I don't dress like a chav, jeans and t-shirts etc, yet people always assume I listen to rap. Their face when they see the likes of arcade fire, velvet underground, albert hammond, sigur ros on my ipod, sorry rant over.
    and i'm sick of RnB asians thinking i have crappy music taste cause i like rock and all asians i know in RL hate rock :rolleyes: (i'm not being racist btw, i'm asian myself).

my sis has THE worst music taste ever! she listens to the same song for a week! drives me up the wall!! and she loves music that has a repetitive beat throughout the song which is even more annoying as i have to listen to the same thing over and over! then she has a go at me for blasting my music!! grrr... :mad:

i'd love to meat another asian in real life who's into something different than the typical stereotype, sadly i can never seem to find any yet this forum is full of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkened Angel)
    and i'm sick of RnB asians thinking i have crappy music taste cause i like rock and all asians i know in RL hate rock :rolleyes: (i'm not being racist btw, i'm asian myself).

my sis has THE worst music taste ever! she listens to the same song for a week! drives me up the wall!! and she loves music that has a repetitive beat throughout the song which is even more annoying as i have to listen to the same thing over and over! then she has a go at me for blasting my music!! grrr... :mad:

i'd love to meat another asian in real life who's into something different than the typical stereotype, sadly i can never seem to find any yet this forum is full of them
    click on posts made by me. when i'm bored i take part in a-z game and the who's better thread. that should give u an idea of artists/music i listen to or am familiar with. And it was me who made the comment about demography. . .and i'm asian too.

ReputationRep:
    I grew my fringe over my eyes today. I look really cool, especially when i walk out in front of cars as i can't see.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .Andrew.)
    I grew my fringe over my eyes today. I look really cool, especially when i walk out in front of cars as i can't see.
    hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darkened Angel)

Lol im asian and no way do i listen to the stereotype music like lets say Robin Thicke, Eminem, 50 cent, Ciara - all that crap basically. Nowadays people find something catchy and they'll listen to it for days and days and once there over it they move on to a new song. Whereas when i like a song, i listen to the music, melody, singers voice and lyrics then only do i say the songs good lol and then i start listening to all the songs that belong to that artist.

And i admit Rock music is really good but most people who listen to Rock start living in a Rock world and then start dissing the good singers that really are out there which is annoying because there being biased.

I know what you mean though lol all asians do what other asians do and its soooooooo irritating.

ReputationRep:
    R'n'B is some of the worst **** I've ever heard next to crap like Grime.

ReputationRep:
    haha :rofl:

To the person on about can't find any Asians that like Rock .. I know what you mean, I only know 1 person in real life that is Asian and a fan of Rock Music.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lil groovy dude)
    haha :rofl:

To the person on about can't find any Asians that like Rock .. I know what you mean, I only know 1 person in real life that is Asian and a fan of Rock Music.
    Hey. I'm asian and into rock too. give me a "Hi five"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hermaphrodite)
    Hey. I'm asian and into rock too. give me a "Hi five"
    :five:

ReputationRep:
    ^^^do you live in Leeds or *cough* Bradford!!! LOL!!!

ReputationRep:
    The guy that lives opposite me is Asian and likes rock music, he is a proper grunge guy, and wears all them weird black clothes and trench coats.

Looks like some sort of evil cretin.

ReputationRep:
    The guy that lives opposite me is Asian and likes rock music, he is a proper grunge guy, and wears all them weird black clothes and trench coats.

Looks like some sort of evil cretin.
    Rebel-Yell

ReputationRep:
    I have to close the windows at night, as i think he may be a vampire as well.

Rebel to the max..

ReputationRep:
    R'n'B REAL BULL****

ReputationRep:

gbhf

ReputationRep:
    beats listening to

ReputationRep:
    I like 'Candy Shop'

But i think the rest of 50 cent's stuff is aload of crap.

Emo music all the way.

ReputationRep:
    and he's ugly too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 16, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.