Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Very strange job interview - am I going to get kidnapped? (serious question) HELP Watch

ReputationRep:
    response to my comment 'Hahaha you didn't even have a comeback Imaooo'

(Original post by Judge Judy)
    Hahaha you didn't even have a comeback
    Imaooo
    Why I even bothered to reply to this person any further than this is beyond me. Parrots will be parrots. They just won't shut up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arcenciel21)
    Help me in what? I posted this thread to ask whether it's reasonable for a cleaning job interview to take place at 5 am in the morning, not to ask for career advice or what you think is a 'good job'.

I have already told you that this is not the case as I do have another job but you clearly have no reading skills which is pobably the reason why you spend your time trolling Internet forums with advertising your company and job that you only applied for because you got rejected from everywhere else and then you got pissed and started acting like a child and copy and pasting what I said to you. That's how I behaved when I was in kindergarten and wanted to be 'witty' with my parents. Sad to see that some people never grow up.

This is my last reply to you because I will put you on my ignore list seeing as you have completely derailed my thread with your irrelevant essays which have nothing to do with the OP at all, so you will have to find someone else to troll.

I have also reported you for being rude, unhelpful, spamming and being off topic
    Oh boo hoo, i'm *****ing myself. What are the mods gonna do, put me in prison for trying to help someone and going off topic ? Plus i was not rejected from other jobs i just decided to stop applying for low paid jobs like retail, etc and i was trying to help anyone reading your thread about other jobs and going to agencies and keeping safe so the advice is not just for you, it's for anyone looking for a job but i never got rejected from the job i told you i was not sure i want to do it because i got accepted at college. You should learn how to read and your the one throwing your dummy out the pram

ReputationRep:
    response to my comment 'Hahaha you didn't even have a comeback Imaooo'

Why I even bothered to reply to this person any further than this is beyond me. Parrots will be parrots. They just won't shut up.

And actually i did have a comeback but i did not want to be rude by sending you insults so i did what my sister does by copying every word you said just to piss you off because it's a better response than going back and forth with you with insults
    When my sister copies everything i text back to me it drives me mad that she won't give her own opinion and acting like a child so because you act like baby i thought i'd treat you like one by copying you and i know this will make people even angrier rather than wasting time insulting you back
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Why i even bothered to rep?y to this person any further than this is beyond me.
    Parrots will be parrots. They just won't shut up.
    Please don't insult parrots. They're far more intelligent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    Precisely my opinion except you quoted the wrong person honey, kisses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juno)
    I'm not insulting Parrots, she is. I'm just copying everything she writes because i don't want to resort to insults

ReputationRep:
    Usually I would tell people who act flaky like this, changing arrival times constantly, to piss right off. Unfortunately, you need the money, and a reference too so... How long is the contract for and how long can you put up with it? The fact that you get paid only once a month sucks though, so you can't jump ship whenever you want as soon as something better comes up

Precisely my opinion except you quoted the wrong person honey, kisses
    Jesus Christ you just don't stop do you

ReputationRep:
    So, some good news: I did not take this flaky cleaning job and I have passed a phone interview with Next, so I'll be going for a team assessment on Friday which I will pass anyway (I always pass interviews and assessments lol) so yay ( the Next job also starts at 6 in the morning, which is fine )
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I'm sorry but just have to say this,

You ask for advice, yet have been rude to most people here, even the ones defending you having a go at Judy for no reason. It was clear from her post she didn't want to start an argument but you had to start one by being immature and replying with "lmao how long did it take you to come up with this ********?" And other ridiculous stuff. I can understand you didn't want that advice but people had already told you what they thought for starters, and advice is better than none at all. You were rude to the girl who thought you were under 18 because she didn't no, she was just trying to give you what you asked for : advice. I know I'm probably making this worse and usually I don't get involved in stuff like this but please can you show a little respect? Thank you

P.S. Good luck with your new job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Or good luck with your interview at Next. Hope you get the job.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    I'm sorry but just have to say this,

You ask for advice, yet have been rude to most people here, even the ones defending you having a go at Judy for no reason. It was clear from her post she didn't want to start an argument but you had to start one by being immature and replying with "lmao how long did it take you to come up with this ********?" And other ridiculous stuff. I can understand you didn't want that advice but people had already told you what they thought for starters, and advice is better than none at all. You were rude to the girl who thought you were under 18 because she didn't no, she was just trying to give you what you asked for : advice. I know I'm probably making this worse and usually I don't get involved in stuff like this but please can you show a little respect? Thank you

P.S. Good luck with your new job.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was not asking for advice, I was basically just voicing my concerns because I have personally never gone to or heard of anyone going to a job interview at 5 AM in the morning, so I posted this so that someone could reassure me whether this is normal (some people did and said they had interviews at strange times too etc), I didnt ask for career advice from anybody, I wouldn't mind doing a cleaning job? I'd find it preferable to my current waitressing job or a job working in a hot kitchen so I don't need someone to come in and tell me to get a 'better job' or assumg that I am applying for this job because I 'cant get anything else', I was specifically looking for early morning jobs which last a few hours to supplement my income, so an early morning cleaning job fits me. And that guy started advertising his own company, I am 99% sure that he gets paid to post that online, haven't you seen those people on here promoting sham jobs? They have been called out several times on here

I wasn't being rude to the girl who assumed I was underage, I even said thanks (I didnt mean it in a snarky way, I genuinely said thanks) and then just told her that I am an adult? I didn't mean it in a rude way
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Technically asking what should I do? Is it normal? is asking for advice. But say it isn't. Then people are mistaken by your thread. I think what Judy was trying to say is that if you're uncomfortable with that, why not do this as it helped me, she just came across wrongly. But they way you replied to her was rude, she wasn't trying to be horrible. Just apologising to her for that and she'll appreciate it and go. I don't know her but I'm pretty sure that's all she wants.

I'm pretty sure he or she would only get paid if you applied for the job there. But I'm pretty sure they wouldn't advertise here. And I don't think that was what she was doing somehow.

Maybe I interpreted what you said wrongly, to me it came across like you were laughing at her. It felt like you didn't appreciate what anyone said. I'm woman enough to accept my mistakes.

ReputationRep:
    It's summer, leave the heat to the weather

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    She told me that my work hours would be 7-9 AM everyday so making me wake up at about 4 AM is a little bit unreasonable
    It might be because she's wanting to meet you before she has to start supervising.

I suspect from your description that it is office cleaning and they are probably outsourced from another outsourcer (hence no web visibility), so you can expect low pay rates and possibly being ripped off. I would be wary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    It might be because she's wanting to meet you before she has to start supervising.

I suspect from your description that it is office cleaning and they are probably outsourced from another outsourcer (hence no web visibility), so you can expect low pay rates and possibly being ripped off. I would be wary.
    I didn't take the job Yes, I would've been the sole cleaner in a small office, and yes, the interviewer told me that she had to go and train other people early in the morning so that's why she wanted to meet me at 5. But then she only came at 6 lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    Technically asking what should I do? Is it normal? is asking for advice.
    OK, then I was asking for advice on whether I should go or should I not go because I will definitely get kidnapped etc. I was definitely not asking for advice on what career path I should take. I just wish people would leave their assumptions to themselves instead of posting irrelevant essays that are even offensive to some people and are not relevant to my OP.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Don't we all? Unfortunately people love giving advice.

Maybe next post put a disclaimer that you'll ignore irrelevant comments? That might help

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Right....

I just got a call from a woman about a part time cleaning job I applied to a few hours ago. She offered me a job interview for tomorrow.... AT 5AM IN THE MORNING!!!!!! She was like 'we'll take a walk around a bulding and talk about it' She had a foreign accent. I was like OK.... so then she said she will text me the address. So she texts me the address and it's just a regular address in the city centre.

However I feel extremely weird, why would she ask me to meet her at 5 in the morning?

The company is called 'Solo Service Group' and this is the job ad

https://jobsearch.direct.gov.uk/GetJ...2%3a00-05%3a00

I did a google search and cant find an address for a branch of this company in my city and this job ad has been posted for years in other UK cities

Am I overreacting? Why would someone conduct a job interview at 5 AM?
    You do know what most cleaners works odd hours right - like early in the morning, or late at night (because people dont want cleaners around during the day)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Another)
    Usually I would tell people who act flaky like this, changing arrival times constantly, to piss right off. Unfortunately, you need the money, and a reference too so... How long is the contract for and how long can you put up with it? The fact that you get paid only once a month sucks though, so you can't jump ship whenever you want as soon as something better comes up

Jesus Christ you just don't stop do you
    What do you mean jesus you just don't stop ? I already explained that i copy her every word because i don't want to resort to insulting her like she feels the need to with everybody else and when i give any information it's for anybody reading the thread who have the same problem of early interviews and also just incase she did not get the job or if the job turned out to be dodgy but she decided after all that not to take the job anyway therefore wasting everybodies time and insulting anybody that did give her the advice she asked for. Also most people on here are looking for work that is why i included info about other jobs.
    If she did not keep replying back i would not either
    She's rude as **** and extremely arrogant writing she passes every interview and other stuff.

I try to help every person reading the thread, not just her because a lot of people on here are looking for jobs too or can't get jobs but i already realised i went too far insulting other people who are cleaners and writing she can't get a better job but i could not apologise to her because she is arrogant as hell, I can only apologise to everybody else who are looking for or who have done cleaning and other low paid jobs as my reply was very insulting which i did not intend it to be

And just to clarify to everybody which i did try to tell the mods the same thing that i do not own any company. I promote other companies for free, i do not get paid for it. I learn a lot from other people sending spams and also of jobs so that is all i am doing which is passing on any information i already know about to help anyone to make extra money or to find a job. So she got it completley wrong by saying i am promoting my own company. I do not get paid to promote other people's company either, I wish i did
    I already mentioned i have been accepted at college so where she is getting this crap from about promoting my own company is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    ^really is Judge Judy

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.