I've left Islam, what next? Watch

Has_786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There seems to be posters saying "backwards", "judgemental" and so on about why you left islam. I am a Muslim and educated and also fulfil my religous priorities and see no clash with western values. Anyway which western values we talking about? The ones you like to think you have adopted or the ones of colonialist war mongering theiving individuals who represent you like Tony Blair and George Bush and many other such people like across history.
dozyrosie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by exmuslim105)
So I came to a long and rational decision that Islam is not for me. I came out to my family a few months back and everything is settling down now. Though it was big news and a lot of people were calling me.

Anyone else in the same position?
Jesus is waiting to take you in, all you have to do is ask.
meowgoesthedog
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by goal101)
I sympathise for you I hope you return to islam again
May Allah guide you.
I don't, life post islam for me is great and I hope it is for OP too.
goal101
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by meowgoesthedog)
I don't, life post islam for me is great and I hope it is for OP too.
I guess it's your opinion, but my statement stays strong anyway
May Allah guide us all.
PHD2027
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
yes
PHD2027
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by dozyrosie)
Jesus is waiting to take you in, all you have to do is ask.
Jesus take the wheel.
Andy98
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by PHD2027)
Jesus take the wheel.
Now I'm thinking of lyrics from rap god

Posted from TSR Mobile
ApplyYourself
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Has_786)
There seems to be posters saying "backwards", "judgemental" and so on about why you left islam. I am a Muslim and educated and also fulfil my religous priorities and see no clash with western values. Anyway which western values we talking about? The ones you like to think you have adopted or the ones of colonialist war mongering theiving individuals who represent you like Tony Blair and George Bush and many other such people like across history.
Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand. Quran 4:34

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable person would interpret this to mean a spiritual struggle.

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Would you say the above verses are OK by western standard and western values? Do you think it's ok for the Quran to contain verses saying "May Allah destroy them (Christians and Jews)", particularly in largely Christian Europe?

Tony Blair is an individual, much like Abu Bakr al Baghdadi is, you can't point your fingers at people like bush and Blair and try to use their action to try and make western values look bad. We could do just the same and say Baghdadi is a true representation of Islam.

The west is about democracy, tolerance, secularism, treating others as you would like to be treated
Has_786
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes. I can see all over the West thay blacks, muslims, immigrants and so on are not stereotyped and are receiving their full hunan rights. Anyway, have you ever ever had a look at the bible?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (108)
19.78%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (222)
40.66%
Nope, not that interesting (216)
39.56%

Watched Threads