TC applications Watch

chocmonster
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
lol, no i understand what you're getting at! and i guess i used the wrong word....i meant i wasn't confident. anyway *cough*, yes this isn't actually that important now haha!
emmings
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Hardcore assessment day for me tomorrow, for which I have to depart at 6.30am :eek: because the firm is holding it at their most northern office, madness. Had a rejection following interview yesterday (disappointed, as I thought it went well, but awaiting feedback), though another interview lined up for next week.

Completely agree with all others that the whole process is mentally draining!
Lewisy-boy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
that would be the coffee!
bleugh
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I was offered a TC today and I have another assessment day scheduled for next week. I can't decide whether or not to cancel it now because I think I prefer the firm which offered me the contract. But maybe when I visit the second firm I might decide that I like it more. What to do......?
lawstudent17
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Easiest answer is to attend the assessment day scheduled at the other firm because it seems you are interested in finding out more about it. Its a great opportunity to find out more about the firm: you're likely to meet current trainees, look around the offices and ask your interviewer(s) questions too.

Also, you have nothing to lose- wish I was in that position!
Lewisy-boy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I agree with the above - any seed of doubt should mean you go. You write about it as if you're complaining abou the situation - not exactly a bad decision to have to make . Well done.
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Are TC offers exploding?
bleugh
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Yeah cheers guys. You're right, I'll definitely go to the assessment day. Best of luck to everyone else for Saturday/Monday and with forthcoming interviews.
Lewisy-boy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No TKR, a SRA best practise guideline says offers should stay open for at least 4 weeks, and firms don't tend to breach such guidelines.
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
That's nice.
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Congratulations :tsr2:
Lewisy-boy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Well done, feels good huh.
naelse
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
well done!
Tory_boy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Congratulations!
kidney thief
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I got a tc too. I think a lot of firms are getting back to candidates today as tomorrow is a saturday.

good luck guys!
naelse
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I'm so jealous...

I know I haven't even applied for any TCs yet, but ... *shrug*
TKR
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by naelse)
I'm so jealous...

I know I haven't even applied for any TCs yet, but ... *shrug*
Hehe I know how you feel, it's horrible to have so much applying and hard work and nerves and possible disappointment waiting ahead of you!
kidney thief
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by TKR)
Hehe I know how you feel, it's horrible to have so much applying and hard work and nerves and possible disappointment waiting ahead of you!
pah, it was a piece of cake
Lewisy-boy
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
interesting that they all chose to get back on the friday and break the guidelines, i always thought law firms were pansies .
Palatinate
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Just found out I've got a TC with my preferred firm in my native North East Hurrah!!!!

How does it work? Will I have to go in and sign something now or is it all just orally agreed until I start in 2009?

Surely something is put in writing and signed now so both parties have some security?!?!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever experienced bullying?

Yes (223)
78.52%
No (61)
21.48%

Watched Threads