Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    The Mercedes advert with Hamilton and Alonso, I agree, is the best advert this year and arguably one of the best of all time! It's just perfect in every way, especially to an avid F1 fan!

Worst advert? Any of the Brand Power adverts - what exactly is the point of them?!

Most of the suggestions in this thread are also good contenders!

mr_m

ReputationRep:
    Oh - and the Orange adverts, particularly the one where they are singing about hearing their favourite artists live...

I'm sorry, but being tortured by the sound of, seemingly, some cats being fed through a mangle (sorry if that image offends anybody) is in no way going to convince me to do whatever Orange want me to do in that advert (I've never noticed what they are actually advertising as I'm out of the room before it's finished)

ReputationRep:
    I like the lastest Lynx deodorant ones and really dislike the Lombard Direct ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_maniac)

Worst advert? Any of the Brand Power adverts - what exactly is the point of them?!
    I agree. It's a rubbish attempt by the likes of Nestle and co. to pretend that some neutral company has decided to promote its products.

ReputationRep:
    Glad you do agree AR...

This from the Brandpower website:

"Brand Power is an advertising vehicle sponsored and paid for by leading manufacturers."

Nuff said...!!

mr_m

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bunthulhu)
    'What's the matter darling?'
    'It's all gone it's all gone'
    :mad:
    Yes! No other advert competes with this one. Pure irritation.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr_maniac)
    Oh - and the Orange adverts, particularly the one where they are singing about hearing their favourite artists live...

I'm sorry, but being tortured by the sound of, seemingly, some cats being fed through a mangle (sorry if that image offends anybody) is in no way going to convince me to do whatever Orange want me to do in that advert (I've never noticed what they are actually advertising as I'm out of the room before it's finished)
    I hate these ads too, when they come on i change the channel.

ReputationRep:
    I hate adverts for things like Claims Direct. I love Sheilas' Wheels adverts.

ReputationRep:
    I can't stand the new sheila's wheels ads, the song does my head in. Their a real group aren't they?

ReputationRep:
    There's an advert about some dog food or something which has a really annoying tune, like a whining sound, does it annoy anyone else too?

ReputationRep:
    Skoda advert rocked!

ReputationRep:
    Worst: Sharon Osbourne advertising Bingo - "I still love playing bingo with my friends". Yeah, of course you do Sharon. That and eating your own liver four times a day.

Oh, and the Dog's Trust adverts, where the dog has a voice and tells the story of his other doggie friends who were all "left out, alone and confused, in the cold". Not only do those adverts pull money away from charities like the NSPCC and Childline, but they are utterly ridiculous!

Favourite: The Skoda advert (with the cake) is fab!

ReputationRep:
    Wait wait wait - I just saw an RSPCA advert with a heartfelt narration by Simon Cowell.. He obviously put his heart and soul into it. It was also really quite confused by the end.. :?

ReputationRep:
    Worst: Does anyone else hate that Burger King Angus burger ad? Gah! :mad:

xx

ReputationRep:
    ^^ Yes! I don't understand it either.

I hate the Orange adverts.

ReputationRep:
    I hate the Head and Shoulders advert with that ugly guy, with his 'great' hair lol.

ReputationRep:
    The best of this year (for me) is the Lisa Tarbuck one where she's working in ASDA. They're hilarious. (I think there has been more than one with her in? ) Unless somebody reminds me of a better advert than that.

I love the car made out of cake one too.

I'm not a fan of the M&S adverts because of the stupid, annoying voice-over.

ReputationRep:
    Worst ads ever-
    AA - Use a better song ffs!

That ad with all them flowers and mountains made out of peoples hands; creeps me out.

Picture - I cant stand her stupid accent!! Infact I hate ALL the Picture ads, they're sooo annoying! Especially that one where the woman is filming the guy while he's calling Picture, wtf IS she doing?!!

Any advert about spots/blemishes/etc, they're all sooo stupid! Especially the one with the wiman talking about the anti-aging ingredient - pemptipeptides(sp?), she pisses me off!! :mad:

Best ads ever-
    CRAVENDALE!! - the milks so good the cows want it back!! *******ing awesome!!!

Orange - the one about buying concert tickets online, great lyrics! (I love pretty much all Orange adverts, especially the ones at the cinema!)

Vodaphone - luv that Bambi song

ReputationRep:
    For me the worst advert is the one with the cars and balloons its soooooooo annoying and actually most of the ones mentioned here. i agree what is the point of the brand power ads?

Best one is probably the skoda one with the cake!

ReputationRep:
    I like the Wrigleys fusion one, just for the Klaxons remix

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 6, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.