Turn on thread page Beta

Should guys pay for girls on dates? watch

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Should men pay for women on dates?
    Yes, any man who doesn't pay for a girl is not worth dating
    8.15%
    He should at least offer
    36.30%
    Only on the first few dates
    11.11%
    No, men and women are equal and it should be divided equally
    44.44%

ReputationRep:
    Men are 95% the ones who ask the woman to go out on a date.

If you invite, you should pay. Goes for Women too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    I always pay on the first date despite being an ardent foe of modern day 'feminism' AND a great believer in equality between the sexes.

I think it just makes a girl view you so much better that the little price you pay is worth it if you seriously want this girl to like you.

However I'll have a 'talk', in person, at some point about this and usually I'll persuade the girl to pay fully for the next few dates. Nobody has ever declined to do so and if they did they'd lose mad respect from me, which at that point might even be enough to break up with them.

I don't need an entitled child who views themselves as a victim of the world and does very little to make their lives better other than sponging off everyone else in my life.
    I don't like guys who insist on paying on the first date, yes, it's nice to offer, but if he pays despite me saying I would not like him too there is something wrong with him and I would not proceed any further with said man. (Yes, it's happened before, where a guy has insisted on buying me something I didn't want him too)

ReputationRep:
    Oh just split the bill for goodness sake. Like, both should offer, if the guy would like to pay, let him. I feel like it shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is. Yes, women and men are equal. No, if the man pays he isn't being rude. No, if the women pays she's not an extreme feminist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarflower)
    Domestic duties and being his haven of calm.
    Fair enough. So long as overall it's equal, then he should defo pay.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    The person who asks the other out should pay for the first couple and every one thereafter should offer or try to come to some arrangement. (would do a relationship like this if I could get past the 'asking out' stage)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    No.
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

ReputationRep:
    Whoever asks first is the one who should pay for the first 2-3 dates. After that, it is 50/50 unless one of the two is feeling generous.

Some men are just trying to be polite, by showing we care, why is that sexist?
    I'd offer on a first date!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutellme)
    Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAYNE tell em to git da F**k OUT da WHEY coz im makin all kindzzz of gainzzzzzzz

PRAISE GAWWWWWWD Lord GAINZ came blessed MEH Awwwwwwww mayyyne.... the devils in the GYYYYYYYYYYMMMMM ... can I get a MOOOOOO GAIIIIIIIIIINZZZZ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAYNE tell em to git da F**k OUT da WHEY coz im makin all kindzzz of gainzzzzzzz

PRAISE GAWWWWWWD Lord GAINZ came blessed MEH Awwwwwwww mayyyne.... the devils in the GYYYYYYYYYYMMMMM ... can I get a MOOOOOO GAIIIIIIIIIINZZZZ
    Uh MO GAINZZZ

(why cant I rep you )

ReputationRep:
    There wasn't an option to represent my view.The closest is this:

No, men and women are equal and it should be divided equally
    However, I don't think it's wrong to not split a bill. If one person offers to pay, I think it's fine for the other person to accept if they want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dragonfly07)
    So I was having this debate with a friend of mine. I'm a bit undecided, but he thinks that guys should always pay for girls on the first date.

I'm going to attach a poll to this thread to get your opinions and settle the argument!

Be as honest as possible!!

- Dragonfly07
    No, *****es want equality so they ****ing get equality!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ugh. The results of this poll/thread reveal all the wrong things.

Any woman that opposes me (a man) paying for us is going to see my hand.

Spoiler:
    Show
    .....as I wave goodbye to her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donutellme)
    Uh MO GAINZZZ

(why cant I rep you )
    dont wurry mayne, the only reps I need are the reps I do in the GYYMMMM for LORD GAINZ... AMEEEEEEEN.. That s*** was BEAUTIFuL MAYNE. I SAID that ****

- LAWD EDEN 2016

ay mayne, i dont know if you noticed... BUT... u loooookin GEEEEEWWWWWD mayyyyyneee !!!

ReputationRep:
    AY MaYne I didn't answer OP's question properly.

My answer is HELL YEAHHHHH Ima pay..... if she sucks the TIP AWwwwwwwwwwwww YYEEAhhh

ReputationRep:
    for the first date definitely, its just the gentlemany thing to do. especially if hes the one who asked her out

nothing is more of a turn off than looking stingy on your first date

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden3)
    dont wurry mayne, the only reps I need are the reps I do in the GYYMMMM for LORD GAINZ... AMEEEEEEEN.. That s*** was BEAUTIFuL MAYNE. I SAID that ****

- LAWD EDEN 2016

ay mayne, i dont know if you noticed... BUT... u loooookin GEEEEEWWWWWD mayyyyyneee !!!
    NAWWWWW MAYNNEEE you the one who been makin ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL KINNNNNNNNNNNDSSSSSSSSSSSS o GAINSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I been makin some gains tooo tho mayne, yall see them feathers? them striations? them HAMMMSTRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

(Original post by eden3)
    AY MaYne I didn't answer OP's question properly.

My answer is HELL YEAHHHHH Ima pay..... if she sucks the TIP AWwwwwwwwwwwww YYEEAhhh
    YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ReputationRep:
    Hell no, I always pay half or just for my own stuff. Ain't no man feeling obliged to pay to feed my fat ass kmt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawtyb)
    who the hell has coffee as a first date :/
    A lot of people do.. What's wrong with it?

ReputationRep:
    The first time my boyfriend and I went out for food he got up to go and pay and I chased after him and gave him my half - he tried to give it back but I wasn't having any of it. The next few dates we paid for separately and then he insisted on paying for one as I always drive us everywhere so he said "call it petrol money".

Now that we have been together a few months, if we go out for dinner he will pay for us both, then the next time we go out I'll pay for us both etc etc. I've never been one to like people paying for me but it is a nice treat from time to time.

ReputationRep:
    I am a girl and so i would probs just pay it so equally so me and him both pay, but then most of the time because i am a nice person i would probably say i will pay for it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.