Turn on thread page Beta

YouTuber being abused/held hostage watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Post up the 'creepy' stuff. I'm not seeing it.
    i'm uploading the most relevant screenshots of @helpmarinajoyce here:
    http://imgur.com/a/hbbhL

this might all be a little bit of an overreaction but it's still worrying hope she's well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Settle)
    i'm uploading the most relevant screenshots of @helpmarinajoyce here:
    http://imgur.com/a/hbbhL
    That's it?

ReputationRep:
    That's it?
    i find it quite harrowing tbh.. i hope it's nothing but just to make sure.

edit: apparently she's ok so not too much cause for alarm. i wonder why she's been signalling help though..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Settle)
    i find it quite harrowing tbh.. i hope it's nothing but just to make sure
    Not saying nothing has gone on, but there's some serious straw clutching going on on Twitter. Just lots of people going 'OMG THIS IS SO CREEPY' and looking for stuff that isn't there/makes no sense.

Still haven't managed to find out how/why this started. Was it just some people who watch her videos putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5?

ReputationRep:
    That's it?
    Lmao dude there's definitely something wrong with her mentally just watch her recent videos, she's fked up. She definitely isn't taken hostage though as police have confirmed the latter.

Nothing life threatening though. She's just a junkie it seems.

ReputationRep:
    Not saying nothing has gone on, but there's some serious straw clutching going on on Twitter. Just lots of people going 'OMG THIS IS SO CREEPY' and looking for stuff that isn't there/makes no sense.

Still haven't managed to find out how/why this started. Was it just some people who watch her videos putting 2 and 2 together and getting 5?
    yes that's likely true to some extent. apparently she was acting very strangely in recent videos by like repeating herself over and over and seeming constantly distracted by something in the background (in multiple videos). i think drugging is most likely but it still seems suspicious.

ReputationRep:
    Just read up on it and it's scary

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    Just read up on it and it's scary

You scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pillock)
    You scary.
    lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by loveleest)
    lol
    Shut up dont laugh at me.

ReputationRep:
    It appears she's fine then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rimstone)
    do you even live near it ? i would agree BG is residential, as is much of that area of east london. but it also has a shop street ( wouldnt go as far as to say high street ; actually i take it back its a high street, it has super chains, small indie shops and cloth shops ), well used by the asian population, and its high street is one of the few in the area, you have mare street ,bethnal green, whitechapel and other areas.. Bg also has pubs a tube station and is pretty packed some nights.

claiming its a shady area is like claiming whitechapel is since jack the ripper was killing people there.. if your gonna compare it atleast compare it with the areas around it, ( it is in tower hamlet but most see it as hackney, since they mins apart and most dont know where one ends and the other starts ), so hackney, islington,camden and haringey, most those ares have place and areas much much worse than BG, where if your caught thre after dark on your own, the chances of getting robbed are high.
    Yeah I live near there and I've been there. It's shady compared to most places in the UK. I've never been to Hackney but I'm pretty sure islington's not shady... isn't that where the Emirates stadium is?

ReputationRep:
    Does this count as wasting police time?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'll just assume she 's on drugs then. I didn't know who she was but then realised she was in a video with ComedyShortsGamer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TelAviv)
    Does this count as wasting police time?
    No

ReputationRep:
    Omg I use to watch her videos. She use to come to the same meetups as me.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know who she was until I saw it in the news. I went to her YouTube channel and watched a few of her early videos, then some more recent ones then the most recent ones. The way she changes is so strange. Looking through the YouTube comments there are all sorts of conspiracy therioes from her boyfriend is abusive and holding her hostage to she whispered help me or whatever. Tbh it sounds as if everyone's looking way to deeply unto the matter. It could be drugs and I feel as if the whole kidnapping idea is a bit far fetched. The whole thing does seem a bit off but it could also be a big hoax, you just don't know with youtubers now...

ReputationRep:
    ITT: someone people used to know takes drugs, acts strangely, Internet freaks out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Arab Guy)
    SaveMarinaJoyce, number 1 trending hashtag.

There is definitely something wrong going on. In her recent videos she appears to have sever bruising on her arms and legs. Could be from drug abuse, or physical abuse ?

If you watch her recent videos she repeats a lot of what she says and just acts unnatural and is shakey. These are symptoms of Speed usage.

UPDATE:
    @MPSEnfield
    Officers have visited YouTube user Marina Joyce. She is safe and well. #ETeam #savemarinajoyce

I was reading around and apparently although she is safe and well, she does have problems [not life threatening] but due to privacy issues the police have not disclosed that information.

Safe to say she is not being kept hostage. I think she's got on drugs and is an addict now. Bruises are from needles.
    Why should we care about a junkie?

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone actually go to that meetup at 6:30am lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.