Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onde)
    I believe that fire is sacred and eternal, so for me, such a process is a natural part of rebirth and a matter of deep respect.
    I see

ReputationRep:
    This site loves sensitive political discussions doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King7)
    So, why did the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) accept non-Muslims to live under Muslim rule? Why didn't he just 'slay' them? Hmm, seems to me you don't understand the context of the verse, let alone the history of Islam. Here's a hadith for you: The Prophet said, "Who ever kills a Dhimi (innocent), he will never smell enter Paradise, let alone smell it!" Sahih Bukhari.

Good day to you
    Few ideologies, even terrorist ones, condone the use of violence against those they consider "innocent". This is irrelevant however. Islam has a very "narrow" definition of who is termed innocent: atheists, pagans, polytheists, heretics, and social miscreants are all to be killed with no mercy shown. Jews and Christians are to be lied to and not to be trusted. Muslims are told to engage in perpetual war and killing until there is worship only for Allah, which necessitates the murder of most of the world's population. In addition, the quran and Muhammad permitted the attacking of peaceful populations, slavery, rape, torture, and sex with children, even against people who were of no threat to Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    As a Muslim, why would you want to burn someone's religious book? For the sake of Freedom of Speech? Lol! Go right ahead, there are millions of people around the world who know the Qur'an by heart, and we can make a million more for each one you burn. For the sake of Freedom of Speech, I would never, EVER, do such a thing towards he Bible, Torah, any constitution/flag or any athiest book lol.
    Why do you believe in a god that considers it acceptable to burn humans then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by umar39)
    You would be expressing hatred by burning a group's religious book. Burning the Qu'ran (or the American Flag) persay is not illegal but the burning of anything intentionally is a criminal offense.
    What about bonfire night. Or do we just have to slip and accidentally drop that match on a gathering of dry wood? The funny thing is now with islamic extremists people would be afraid to do that to a qu'ran whereas doing it to the Bible would not cause half as much public outcry or threat from Christian groups.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BobSausage)
    What about bonfire night. Or do we just have to slip and accidentally drop that match on a gathering of dry wood? The funny thing is now with islamic extremists people would be afraid to do that to a qu'ran whereas doing it to the Bible would not cause half as much public outcry or threat from Christian groups.
    Hi Bob
    What you've done here is explain the effects of terrorism. People are too scared now to do things that are Islamophobic in fear that they will be targeted next. I do agree with your statement although I don't see a reason why any person would burn any religious book!

(Original post by Onde)
    Why do you believe in a god that considers it acceptable to burn humans then?
    I'm not sure if you've yet caught on, but I'm a Muslim, therefore I believe in Allah. So please tell me, where in the Qur'an it says that? Hmm?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.