Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Alrighty

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else slightly tickled that an argument actually broke out about the clarity of a woman's urethra in a picture? :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)
    I'm sorry, what? You can see the urethral opening in any picture of a vulva (taken in that manner). The hymen has nothing to do with it. The urethra and the hymen are COMPLETELY separate structures, and therefore neither of your explanations are relevant.
    You're being patronising. I know my anatomy, and your point is COMPLETELY irrelevant. Maybe you should read my post again.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Maybe you should read your post again, and tell me which part of it makes sense, and why the state of the hymen would have any impact on if you could see the urethra or not?

I just really don't see what you're trying to get at here. If you know your anatomy, then you know that the hymen does NOT cover the urethra, and you wouldn't be saying things like "The hymen is like a translucent film and therefore you can see through it." which don't make any sense in context.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    :indiff:

I..I just.. gah.
    I am so smart aren't I? Did you lie about your virginity? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    anon becuse this is personal issue...
    Im female obviously and i just want to know about the hymen. To me I always thought it was inside the vagina, but have read that it isnt. So its above the opening :confused: How do you know if it is still in tact or not? or can you? I am a virgin also. Can anyone share some info about it?
    You can also get it checked by a doctor.

(Original post by Joric)
    You can also get it checked by a doctor.
    erm, that's something I wouldnt waste a doctors time doing...

ReputationRep:
    Well I did. I felt I had to it was driving me mad, trying to have sex was too painful and I'd never been able to use tampons.

I did get prescribed some free lube, that was nice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sTe\/o)
    You're being patronising. I know my anatomy, and your point is COMPLETELY irrelevant. Maybe you should read my post again.
    Maybe some people believe in belabouring their own points of view, hymens how can such an inconsequential part of the female anatomy stir up such a furore?

ReputationRep:
    http://images.jupiterimages.com/comm...2/22571241.jpg?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.phespirit.info/derekandcl...e_again_18.htm

You get quite a few different types of hymen (graphic drawings in the following link):

I had a septate hymen and broke it myself because I would have been too embarrassed to deal with it when it came to sex. I can't believe I actually did that now! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by more adventurous)
    Maybe you should read your post again, and tell me which part of it makes sense, and why the state of the hymen would have any impact on if you could see the urethra or not?

I just really don't see what you're trying to get at here. If you know your anatomy, then you know that the hymen does NOT cover the urethra, and you wouldn't be saying things like "The hymen is like a translucent film and therefore you can see through it." which don't make any sense in context.
    OK, for the last time..... I said there two possible explanations. Only one of them was that the urethral opening is covered by the hymen. Yes, this is incorrect - that was my point. This is what Connemara was saying was inaccurate about the diagram.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firestars)
    *christ* didnt know(fact) isnit it also correct to assume when we all start off as female and it which the squence of either 'xxy'/'yyx' which de-tates our sex ie!(boy/girl) still dont get the purpose of the hymen from 'female point of view' oh well!!
    We only have two sex chromosomes - either XX or XY. I wouldn't say we all start off female, as anyone with a Y chromosome has all the building blocks there to become male (assuming they've not got something crazy like Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome). Being female is the "default" state - if the body's not told otherwise (by the Y chromosome) then it'll form female genitalia, but we don't all start out that way.

You get quite a few different types of hymen (graphic drawings in the following link):

I had a septate hymen and broke it myself because I would have been too embarrassed to deal with it when it came to sex. I can't believe I actually did that now! :eek:
    what do you mean by 'separate'? and how did you break it?

ReputationRep:
    a septate hymen is when a few fibres string across from one side to the other, so instead of having a hole, you have kind of a bridge across the hole It's normal to get a doctor to break it, although it can be done by yourself by pulling at it, I think.

ReputationRep:

Its a shame that the link's been removed, I thought it was pretty interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by that_time)
    Its a shame that the link's been removed, I thought it was pretty interesting.
    yeha i agree, why was that link removed ..i think thats a valid resource.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bone-machine)
    yeha i agree, why was that link removed ..i think thats a valid resource.
    Because it was part of a huge site about masturbation...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.