Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paraj)
    i havent got the ***** breakdown!! does it come on the results site or does the IBC have to send it to you...im dyin to see the breakdown of the marks!!!
    that one ;yes;
    I sent her 3 texts and 2 emails to get her to send it to me:p:

and did I mention I got a 27/40 in my tok essay:rofl: that was the most hilarious thing on there:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    i got 23/40 and spent 45 minutes on mine

ReputationRep:
    Its the 16th..

I check my results account and all i see are the marks for each subject amnd not the breakdown!!!!

DO I have to contact my IBC for them or can I check online?

ReputationRep:
    Contact IBC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deus)
    Contact IBC.
    A few more words won't kill you, you know.

(Original post by Lc)
    I got mine right now.. I need 1 mark for an A in my EE, and 4 marks for an A in TOK:rofl: funny;yes;

I need 3 marks for a 7 in IH, and about 2-3 for a 7 in Arabic B HL:rofl:
    my chem grade is horrid:eek: I'm glad I got a 5 tbh hehe
    English I barely scraped the 6 and art I got a mid 4! my RWB was predicted a 24/30 in the worst case scenerio, and it got a 16/30 :s: which is really illogical! I got a 50/100 in art, which is irrational:s: as my teacher told me there's no way I'd get less than a 68-69 :s:
    cheers art examiner :cheers:
    At least you were close! See there's 2 sides to component grades. You get to comfort yourself that in one subject you were close-ish to a good grade. Then in others........

ReputationRep:
    What if you were close to all the subjects to get a +1, like I was? No comfort then ;/

ReputationRep:
    I'm really annoyed at Maths HL.

Papers 1 and 3 were graded at level 6. Paper 2 was graded at a 5 but I was very close to the boundary.

Then the portfolio comes along, and is MODERATED DOWN 8 whole marks, from 31 to 23 (a 6 to a 4) pulling my grade down from a 6 (what it SHOULD be, IMO) to a 5.

Remark, remark, remark. I can't lose out on my university place that needed 665 at HL (I got 655) just because of this.

The IBO stands for "International Balls-up Organisation". I'm officially wishing that I did A-levels...

:mad: :mad: :mad:

On the other hand, Chemistry HL ... hmmm...

Paper 3: 6 (one mark off a 7).
    Paper 2: 7
    Practical work: 6 (one mark off a 7).

...... Paper 1 (MCQ): ... ... ... 4. Yep. The MCQ paper screwed us all over.

ReputationRep:
    i was 1-2 marks away from a 7 in physics GRRRRRRRR!!!! straight 6s for all components.
    maths was just...alright i guess. i actually did better in p1 than p2. crazy. actually, i did a lot worse in p2 than i'd expected
    chemistry was laughable, 6s in p1, 2 and IA. 3 in p3. lmao, thats what you get for not studying anything.

so i actually did good in those papers i complained about. god knows what happened to the rest.

situation with ucl is looking up

ReputationRep:
    1 % off 7 in english 1 % off 6 in french 3.8% off 7 in maths 3.25% off 7 in comp sci...i came close enough :p: with all these points added to my score i would be on 42 (H)

ReputationRep:
    how did u guys know ur mark? is it on the web?

ReputationRep:
    can any1 plz tell me what IBC's email address is?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malaysian dentist)
    can any1 plz tell me what IBC's email address is?
    oh my,

an IBC is your "IB-Coordinator!" LOL!
    so we wouldn't have it, you would...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naimslim89)
    I'm really annoyed at Maths HL.

Remark, remark, remark. I can't lose out on my university place that needed 665 at HL (I got 655) just because of this.

The IBO stands for "International Balls-up Organisation". I'm officially wishing that I did A-levels...
    same here! my internal sample was not sent! i was evaluated 11 marks down, from a 37 to a 26!!!!!!now, thats gay! i missed a 7 in maths HL cas of my internals!

PAPER ONE 103 7
    PAPER THREE 40 6
    PAPER TWO 98 7
    PORTFOLIO 26 5

this is soooooo cheap man....n they donot evaluate our internals!!!!im only asking for wot i deserve!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Lc~)
    oh my,

an IBC is your "IB-Coordinator!" LOL!
    so we wouldn't have it, you would...
    now, dats embarrassing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by malaysian dentist)
    now, dats embarrassing!
    just a tad :p:

ReputationRep:
    IB students only learn about philosophy and the great conundrums of life. Simply things like knowing what IBC stands for is way below them. Guys...really!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMoore)
    IB students only learn about philosophy and the great conundrums of life. Simply things like knowing what IBC stands for is way below them. Guys...really!
    yea guys really! how could someone make such a mistake:rolleyes:
    everyone bow down to the great JMoore with me and beg him to educate us all

:adore:

ReputationRep:
    A friend of mine got to see the breakdown and told me about some of my results. I emailed my IBC and she said that I'll know them by August 13th. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I got 18 + 34 in TOK.

I got 577 in History HL papers I think. I can't believe it though, Paper 1 was extremely easy. :confused: My final grade was 6 because moderation was harsh.

I got 7 in Physics SL P3, but don't know about the others two. Also, moderation was extreme! I ended up with 5.

I think I got 7 in all of my components of English B HL.

And that's all I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hardeep.arora)
    same here! my internal sample was not sent! i was evaluated 11 marks down, from a 37 to a 26!!!!!!now, thats gay! i missed a 7 in maths HL cas of my internals!

PAPER ONE 103 7
    PAPER THREE 40 6
    PAPER TWO 98 7
    PORTFOLIO 26 5

this is soooooo cheap man....n they donot evaluate our internals!!!!im only asking for wot i deserve!
    I wonder how they actually go about moderating things. I'd like to know. Because I think you and I have been unfairly graded.

ReputationRep:
    Yes..... our IA's were moderated down so much:

2007 MAY PHYSICS HL in ENGLISH 79.78% 7

PAPER 1 (MCQ) 35 40 87.50% 7
    PAPER THREE 55.29274853 60 92.15% 7
    PAPER TWO 75.36794012 95 79.33% 7
    PRACTICAL WORK 43 30.57445 48 63.70% 5

Ours went down 12.4 marks from 43-> 35.6. That's a 7 going down to a 5. It dragged quite a few of my friends down from 7's and 6's...

On the bright side, I got 118.9914453/120 for Maths HL Paper 1.

Btw, am I the only person who got decimals in his breakdown?

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.