• Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    I meant the ministry for BIS having been rid of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh well... perhaps reply to PMs then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    I meant the ministry for BIS having been rid of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I see. Well, that's what happens when you leave your child in the car, but I think we'll all manage just fine. Thanks for all your effort on behalf of our party and this government!

ReputationRep:
    I praise my TORY colleagues for respecting the need to tackle mental illness.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I First commend TF for putting in the effort to write this

I Agree with foreign aid reduction and am pleased with a commitment to reduce it . The Closure of BIS came as a surprise if i'm honest i would much rather some of the smaller department are merged / closed i.e ID , DEFRA , ECC etc when theses departments have crossovers
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    I First commend TF for putting in the effort to write this

I Agree with foreign aid reduction and am pleased with a commitment to reduce it . The Closure of BIS came as a surprise if i'm honest i would much rather some of the smaller department are merged / closed i.e ID , DEFRA , ECC etc when theses departments have crossovers
    And thus the point of your pointless 'reserved post'?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by mobbsy91)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Well, they're pretty much shooting themselves in the foot since it's a lose-lose situation. No reserved post on the first page means they won't be on the first page but it also means their edit won't trigger any notifications so no one will even notice the edit. Shame.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    We can test this, tell me the total managed expenditure for each individual government department, I shall then use Ctrl F to see if that figure is anywhere in the text, or in the spreadsheet: I think I will win.
    In case you haven't noticed I've been a little busy lately, however if you can tell me which part(s) of my SoI have been omitted from the budget I shall do the thinking that you seem incapable of.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Well, they're pretty much shooting themselves in the foot since it's a lose-lose situation. No reserved post on the first page means they won't be on the first page but it also means their edit won't trigger any notifications so no one will even notice the edit. Shame.
    Obviously the optimal strategy is to reserve a post on the first page, then edit it, then write another post informing people that you have edited your post on the first page.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    In case you haven't noticed I've been a little busy lately, however if you can tell me which part(s) of my SoI have been omitted from the budget I shall do the thinking that you seem incapable of.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The government has had months to make sure all policies from a departmental review are included in the budget; being busy is not an excuse. The budget does not account for the costs of starting to expand the Royal Navy, starting to replace Trident, and having more Royal Marines. By your own admission expanding the Royal Navy, starting to replace Trident, and having more Royal Marines will have long-term costs, but all have costs starting this year: the budget includes none of those costs in the text, nor in the spreadsheet.

You have ceded the budget does not include the individual budgets for each government department, however, I shall make the same proposal, tell me how much starting to replace Trident will cost this year, then the figure for starting to expand the Royal Navy, and then the figure for training more Royal Marines; I shall do a Ctrl F search to try to find the figures in the budget text, and the spreadsheet.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The government has had months to make sure all policies from a departmental review are included in the budget; being busy is not an excuse. The budget does not account for the costs of starting to expand the Royal Navy, starting to replace Trident, and having more Royal Marines. By your own admission expanding the Royal Navy, starting to replace Trident, and having more Royal Marines will have long-term costs, but all have costs starting this year: the budget includes none of those costs in the text, nor in the spreadsheet.
    You mean me being busy over the last week or two and not being able to have a proper look at either the text or spreadsheet other than a quick skim means I am somehow responsible for others not having done their jobs over the last few months? Okay.

And you still haven't said what's missing, you've listed things that are happening in the future, I recall you complaining last time round about things being put on as a single lump sum before they should have gone on, now you want it doing, make your mind up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You mean me being busy over the last week or two and not being able to have a proper look at either the text or spreadsheet other than a quick skim means I am somehow responsible for others not having done their jobs over the last few months? Okay.

And you still haven't said what's missing, you've listed things that are happening in the future, I recall you complaining last time round about things being put on as a single lump sum before they should have gone on, now you want it doing, make your mind up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Your responsibility in this does no matter, for what it is worth I am not blaming you, however, you were the one who stated you had been busy. If you have been busy that is fine, but after spending days reasserting everything was in the budget, to not be able to say where the individual budgets for each government department are is funny: the individual budgets are missing.

No, you are twisting words, you know a good budget would include the annual costs of all of the defence policies written in the Ministry of Defence review. A lump sum is not what I am asking for, I am calling for the annual cost of your policies for this year to be included in the budget review as the costs should: the annual costs are missing.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Your responsibility in this does no matter, for what it is worth I am not blaming you, however, you were the one who stated you had been busy. If you have been busy that is fine, but after spending days reasserting everything was in the budget, to not be able to say where the individual budgets for each government department are is funny: the individual budgets are missing.

No, you are twisting words, you know a good budget would include the annual costs of all of the defence policies written in the Ministry of Defence review. A lump sum is not what I am asking for, I am calling for the annual cost of your policies for this year to be included in the budget review as the costs should: the annual costs are missing.
    I have been busy. I therefore have not had the opportunity to have a proper look at much, therefore I do not know exactly what TF has put, let alone remember it off the top of my head, therefore I cannot tell you any of these figures without going and looking them up.

And as for the annual cost, I shall say, yet again, that the annual cost of the policies you listed for the relevant period is, drum roll please *starts drumming* a grand total of zero pounds!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I have been busy. I therefore have not had the opportunity to have a proper look at much, therefore I do not know exactly what TF has put, let alone remember it off the top of my head, therefore I cannot tell you any of these figures without going and looking them up.

And as for the annual cost, I shall say, yet again, that the annual cost of the policies you listed for the relevant period is, drum roll please *starts drumming* a grand total of zero pounds!
    If an LPD is going to be delivered in two years' time, I would expect there to be costs with a deposit being paid after signing the contract to build the ships. The American shipyards are not going to expand facilities to build Britain three LPDs when the shipyards are working at capacity to build ships for the US Navy to meet the deadline: the shipyards would demand a deposit this year if the first ship arrives in two years. It could be the case all costs for the ships will be met with the current defence budget, but if that is true the defence departmental review was inadequate because the review promised more equipment with the same amount of money.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If an LPD is going to be delivered in two years' time, I would expect there to be costs with a deposit being paid after signing the contract to build the ships. The American shipyards are not going to expand facilities to build Britain three LPDs when the shipyards are working at capacity to build ships for the US Navy to meet the deadline: the shipyards would demand a deposit this year if the first ship arrives in two years. It could be the case all costs for the ships will be met with the current defence budget, but if that is true the defence departmental review was inadequate because the review promised more equipment with the same amount of money.
    Do we need to pull out the content from your brief time in government?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Do we need to pull out the content from your brief time in government?
    I take that as a concession the budget is missing some costs, or the defence departmental review was incomplete.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I take that as a concession the budget is missing some costs, or the defence departmental review was incomplete.
    Are we talking about your budget that missed basically all the costs, and those it did have were inconsistent, and your defence review that had everything done in the blink of an eye and used capital spending to try to make current spending seem higher?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Are we talking about your budget that missed basically all the costs, and those it did have were inconsistent, and your defence review that had everything done in the blink of an eye and used capital spending to try to make current spending seem higher?
    It is nice to see you accept your own failings, I can say the content of the Green-Liberal-UKIP coalition was terrible, but we are not talking about that coalition, we are talking about this coalition. I have noticed a trend with you, when a member comments something you do not like, you try to change the subject, I return to the same comment: this budget is missing lots of costs for policies, or the defence departmental review was incomplete.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    It is nice to see you accept your own failings, I can say the content of the Green-Liberal-UKIP coalition was terrible, but we are not talking about that coalition, we are talking about this coalition. I have noticed a trend with you, when a member comments something you do not like, you try to change the subject, I return to the same comment: this budget is missing lots of costs for policies, or the defence departmental review was incomplete.
    You are reeking of hypocrisy, and it's funny how your attitude changes when you lose, but your hypocrisy and/or inconsistency is nothing new. As for the "incompleteness" I can complete it for you in about a minute here:

Upon review of the current stock of multirole fighters along with those currently on order it is the opinion of this government that no further action is necessary at this time. Further, if the Rt. Hon. member wishes to complain that I have not included whether the MoD is getting a cat or not, or what each individual civil servant will be doing so I do not miss anybody, he can kindly shove the complaints up his arse.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    You are reeking of hypocrisy, and it's funny how your attitude changes when you lose, but your hypocrisy and/or inconsistency is nothing new. As for the "incompleteness" I can complete it for you in about a minute here:

Upon review of the current stock of multirole fighters along with those currently on order it is the opinion of this government that no further action is necessary at this time. Further, if the Rt. Hon. member wishes to complain that I have not included whether the MoD is getting a cat or not, or what each individual civil servant will be doing so I do not miss anybody, he can kindly shove the complaints up his arse.
    You are ignoring complaints because you have realised the annual costs of building new ships is missing from this budget review, or your defence review is incomplete, and after spending a full week telling members to read the budget you declare you have not had time to read the budget; your standards are falling.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 14, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.