Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    See this is why I can never get on board with the far-left and people like Corbyn and his hate-filled supporters. They don't care about helping the less well-off to succeed, they're only about making sure that others do worse.*

The evidence is their feelings towards the Blair government as a source of shame, even though the poorest did well in this era by absolutely any measure other than inequality. But the reason for that is the rich also did well. So their gripe is that the rich did well, even though the poor also did well (not that most Corbynites would know that as hardly any of them come from this section of society). It's dispicible and shows them up for everything they are, despite their false protestations about championing the poor. *
    I can't understand why they call Blair a Neoliberal and a Tory. I mean the guy spent loads on welfare and public services which are the most anti-Tory and anti-Neoliberal things to do.

Anyone who thinks Cameron's govt was no different are too young to remember or detached from reality.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    I meant that wages shouldn't be so **** that people are forced to rely on in-work and child benefits. If a company don't pay a proper living wage then they don't have a proper business, they're just scamming the tax-payer IMO.

It wasn't meant from a neoliberal race to the bottom perspective although in hindsight it may have come across that way unintentionally.
    Whatever happened to the situation back in the day where a person on an average wage - say a postman, a teacher or a builder - in an average job could buy a house at 23 and support their family? These days, you can get a couple - both accountants for example - who can barely do this. That's the real problem we have right now.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesN88)
    I can't understand why they call Blair a Neoliberal and a Tory. I mean the guy spent loads on welfare and public services which are the most anti-Tory and anti-Neoliberal things to do.

Anyone who thinks Cameron's govt was no different are too young to remember or detached from reality.
    Exactly. The Blair years were pumping infinity pounds into the NHS and when people across the country were moaning about working 45 hour weeks for exactly the same lifestyle as their neighbour who didn't work at all! Ask anybody who ever lived on a council estate at the time and they'll tell you the same. But, like I said, that circumstance and knowledge applies to a minuscule proportion of Corbyn's current supporters, hence why those in the Labour heartlands can't stand him. Corbynites have an extremely limited knowledge of the realities of these people and are therefore utterly clueless about their wants. That's why they feel it's acceptable to turn the Labour Party - who are supposed to work for the interests of the less well-off working person - into an irrelevant protest group while the Tories do whatever they want for a generation.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KimKallstrom)
    Exactly. The Blair years were pumping infinity pounds into the NHS and when people across the country were moaning about working 45 hour weeks for exactly the same lifestyle as their neighbour who didn't work at all! Ask anybody who ever lived on a council estate at the time and they'll tell you the same. But, like I said, that circumstance and knowledge applies to a minuscule proportion of Corbyn's current supporters, hence why those in the Labour heartlands can't stand him. Corbynites have an extremely limited knowledge of the realities of these people and are therefore utterly clueless about their wants. That's why they feel it's acceptable to turn the Labour Party - who are supposed to work for the interests of the less well-off working person - into an irrelevant protest group while the Tories do whatever they want for a generation.*
    Listen to the fruitcake at 19 mins on this video and it tells you all you need to know about them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0N5KD0mQTI

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 7, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.