Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FredOrJohn)
    Currently I, YOU , ME "OWN" these rights

https://www.gov.uk/working-abroad/overview

What UK government says:
    have the same rights as nationals of the country you’re working in when it comes to:
    • working conditions
    • pay
    • social security (eg benefits)
    Have Brexit voters "stolen" from us these rights?

What do you think have we been robbed?

Is that why so many people are spitting mad about Brexit?
    Good evening,

First I would like to state, you can still enjoy those rights for up to two years after article 50 has been invoked

Secondly there was a democratic event in a referendum where there was a vote 52% voted to leave the EU and 48% voted to remain in the EU, the difference was over one million votes so it is not a robbery, the people voted out not remain . The majority do not want to be in the EU and if you want to be why don't you get citizenship in another country the Polish have done it enough to us.

ReputationRep:
    I have to confess to commiting theft this morning. My neighbour told me to give him my car and i said no. I am very sorry

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HanSoloLuck)
    This logic is stupid... also lol at "a remain person is like a homosexual from 1960", this needs to printed on tee-shirts, you can wear them at you anti-democracy rallies.
    Name one thing a person from Hartlepool gets from Brexit that is quantifiably a good thing. I'll warrant you cannot think of any - its not like there are zillions of Poles walking around Hartlepool taking all the jobs up there. From the available stats there are hardly any East Europeans in Hartlepool at all.

Whereas an EU contractor loses his family's income and could end up in a financial mess.

So yes, being outed as a Homosexual in the 1950s probably would mean the loss of your job and perhaps ended up with you in prison.

Being outed as a UK worker in the EU after Brexit has completed would mean the loss of your job (no longer EU citizen) and perhaps ended up with you in prison (working in the EU but not a citizen is a crime).

ReputationRep:
    Name one thing a person from Hartlepool gets from Brexit that is quantifiably a good thing. I'll warrant you cannot think of any - its not like there are zillions of Poles walking around Hartlepool taking all the jobs up there. From the available stats there are hardly any East Europeans in Hartlepool at all.

Whereas an EU contractor loses his family's income and could end up in a financial mess.

So yes, being outed as a Homosexual in the 1950s probably would mean the loss of your job and perhaps ended up with you in prison.

Being outed as a UK worker in the EU after Brexit has completed would mean the loss of your job (no longer EU citizen) and perhaps ended up with you in prison (working in the EU but not a citizen is a crime).
    Maybe Lower Levels of immigration in the long term making housing more affordable due to the stagnation of demand and the supply still being built at a sturdy level, I will be willing to bet that the government will slow down building of houses to maintain the high, unaffordable housing.

Lets take a look into Hartlepool statistics why don't we look at ethnicity in Hartlepool there was 460 which fell into the category white other , or category Black other which was 110 so I will assume these where the europeans and lets say there was 570 which is probably above what there actually was, now lets have a look at the 2011 census there was 747 which fits into other white- which you can assume is european. That is an increase but not a significant one. If you want an area which has been invaded type in Birmingham or Sandwell
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    For something to be stolen it has to be owned in the first place, funnily enough there is no ownership, no matter how many times you say there is, and thus no theft.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    "the government says"
    there's your problem^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    For something to be stolen it has to be owned in the first place, funnily enough there is no ownership, no matter how many times you say there is, and thus no theft.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would disagree. If I put up for sale my right to work in the EU in Africa or Asia I might well get £50,000 for it. I would suggest that its worth even more than that - perhaps £250,000.

So, in effect, minimum, £50,000 has been stolen from me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I would disagree. If I put up for sale my right to work in the EU in Africa or Asia I might well get £50,000 for it. I would suggest that its worth even more than that - perhaps £250,000.

So, in effect, minimum, £50,000 has been stolen from me.
    Ummm, you can't sell it though... For a start you don't own it, second it's a privilege you have been given with strings attached, if we were to suppose these privileges as things that can be owned the owner is the giver, not the holder; the EU "owns" them, not you or I, kinda like your passport and HMG.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ummm, you can't sell it though... For a start you don't own it, second it's a privilege you have been given with strings attached, if we were to suppose these privileges as things that can be owned the owner is the giver, not the holder; the EU "owns" them, not you or I, kinda like your passport and HMG.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think the penny has dropped. Even you now see what we as individuals lose, in money terms, by Brexit.
    Think about it, Brexit, is basically throwing away £250,000 worth of "privileges" (per person) for absolutely nothing

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Also if you look at the definition on theft according to the government is

"if he appropriates the property in the belief that he would have the other’s consent if the other knew of the appropriation and the circumstances of it; " (There is a lot more information based around it but i believe this is the interesting part)

Now this definition is based on property being stolen. I have bolded the bit i think says brexit wasn't theft was because the consent was the mandate to leave the eu, and even if it was theft it is intangible
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I think the penny has dropped. Even you now see what we as individuals lose, in money terms, by Brexit.
    Think about it, Brexit, is basically throwing away £250,000 worth of "privileges" (per person) for absolutely nothing
    Where did you learn to read? I explicitly said that the privilege has no monetary value in the way you describe because it cannot even be sold. I suppose technically it is via selling your identity, but that's not exactly legal now, is it?

(Original post by HEAVYDaz)
    Also if you look at the definition on theft according to the government is

"if he appropriates the property in the belief that he would have the other’s consent if the other knew of the appropriation and the circumstances of it; " (There is a lot more information based around it but i believe this is the interesting part)

Now this definition is based on property being stolen. I have bolded the bit i think says brexit wasn't theft was because the consent was the mandate to leave the eu, and even if it was theft it is intangible
    We still run round to the dual problems of there not being a property to be stolen, and if we were to assume it to be property it is not owned by the individual, as said, just like a passport.

ReputationRep:
    Where did you learn to read? I explicitly said that the privilege has no monetary value in the way you describe because it cannot even be sold. I suppose technically it is via selling your identity, but that's not exactly legal now, is it?

We still run round to the dual problems of there not being a property to be stolen, and if we were to assume it to be property it is not owned by the individual, as said, just like a passport.
    Is not "Freehold" itself a privileged (the change of "copyhold" to "Freehold" )?
    Thus if someone stole your house via a referendum, you are saying its not theft, its a lose of a privilege (about £250,000 on average - same worth as the rights of living and working in the EU).

The point is, BREXIT is taking away from individuals about £250,000 worth of privileges in return for nothing.

The privilege of going to Eton (or any good school) is worth a wad of dosh.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Is not "Freehold" itself a privileged (the change of "copyhold" to "Freehold" )?
    Thus if someone stole your house via a referendum, you are saying its not theft, its a lose of a privilege (about £250,000 on average - same worth as the rights of living and working in the EU).

The point is, BREXIT is taking away from individuals about £250,000 worth of privileges in return for nothing.

Ummmm, nobody is taking away your house. You have also so far continued to be incredibly slow and all "nuuuh, my EU" and failed to say exactly how you propose to sell something that cannot be sold. I invite you to try to sell your passport and see what happens.

ReputationRep:

What exactly do you mean by this?

ReputationRep:
    Ummmm, nobody is taking away your house. You have also so far continued to be incredibly slow and all "nuuuh, my EU" and failed to say exactly how you propose to sell something that cannot be sold. I invite you to try to sell your passport and see what happens.
    Well if he has a lookalike in the refugee queue in Europe....
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Well if he has a lookalike in the refugee queue in Europe....
    What is the sentence that goes with it?

ReputationRep:
    What is the sentence that goes with it?
    Trying to sell his passport

ReputationRep:
    Sucks to be a logical Brit these days, sorry mate.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Trying to sell his passport
    Actually, these days it's probably a barely stern telling off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Sucks to be a logical Brit these days, sorry mate.
    I'm not so sure. I suspect if a new referendum was taken it would probably be 65% in favour of staying in the EU now that the smoke is clearing and its plain to see that the REMAIN side were, more or less right, the economy is in actuality tanking big time.

AND

that people can now see that their privileges (or rights) within the EU are worth to outsiders about £250,000 per person .

You can see that these rights (now lying in the gutter) could easily be more, say if you got an IT contract at 500 Euros a day and then needed medical care and some social security between contracts .

These rights are pure gold dust that Brexiters are literally throwing away. I definitely feel the nation is now 65% Brmoaner now that they can see that the Brexit press had told them a pack of lies

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.