Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread] Watch

Announcements

'i won't tell anyone'

right ofc

ReputationRep:
    In Primary, we got told the fire alarms also worked as a CCTV with sound so if you said/did anything bad and it was caught on the 'CCTV', then you'd be punished. Funny thing was, these fire alarms were literally everywhere in the primary school, so I was scared until a teacher told us it wasn't true!

ReputationRep:
    Hae teacher said "You need to study Latin if you want to go to university".

ReputationRep:
    'If you don't be quiet I'm going to make you stay after school'

ReputationRep:
    "This will be on the test"

Yeah, screw you too.

ReputationRep:
    "You need to go to university so you can get a good job"

ReputationRep:
    "I can guarantee that you all are going get Us in GCSE Business!" My Business teacher said this before my other business teacher came along and she singled me out for some reason.

On results day I came out with an A and her class did worse than mine in their exam. Her face was priceless but it was great to see my Business teacher light up because he was a brilliant teacher

ReputationRep:
    Our GCSE chemistry teacher told us you could get wrecked off a loaf of sunblest

ReputationRep:
    Our head of 6th form told us how amazing a-level general studies was (which was compulsory ii must add). Apparently unis would be falling at our feet to offer us places if we has it...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    This isn't a generic, cliched thing but it's funny. An English teacher from our school was suspended after he told the class he was just going to nip along to the photocopier but instead returned to the school 2 hours later with a new suit, a haircut and drunk :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewSCO)
    This isn't a generic, cliched thing but it's funny. An English teacher from our school was suspended after he told the class he was just going to nip along to the photocopier but instead returned to the school 2 hours later with a new suit, a haircut and drunk :laugh:
    Hahahahhahaha that's brilliant ; I do wonder what teachers do when they go to the photocopier ....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    Our head of 6th form told us how amazing a-level general studies was (which was compulsory ii must add). Apparently unis would be falling at our feet to offer us places if we has it...
    Yeh gosh I'm so glad I didn't move schools to go to a grammar for sixth form as an EPQ and general studies was compulsory lol like who can be bothered with that ****

ReputationRep:
    The story about the kid who used to swing on their chair?

How they broke the legs fell back and split their head open. Classic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    In primary they told us that high school locked toilet doors to stop us going in lessons - it didn't happen for us
    they did that in my secondary school
    • Community Assistant
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PHD2027)
    they did that in my secondary school
    Really? I guess we were just lucky then, but I don't think our primary teachers knew what went on at high school, they just wanted to stop us interrupting

ReputationRep:
    Dont swing on the back of your chair, "I knew a kid that did that and hit his head as he fell off"

Every teacher told you the same story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    not a big one but "you heart is to the left of your chest"
    but it is. did you know that your left lung is smaller than your right lung because the heart takes up space?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    but it is. did you know that your left lung is smaller than your right lung because the heart takes up space?
    The heart is in the middle but it tilts to the left

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LifeIsFine)
    The heart is in the middle but it tilts to the left
    the left lung is smaller because the heart is tilting towards it.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    the left lung is smaller because the heart is tilting towards it.
    Yeah, the heart tilts to left but is still in the middle

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 23, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.