The Student Room Group

Can fat people be attractive?

Scroll to see replies

I guess ☺️
Original post by JamesN88
Beauty is subjective.

A guy I used to work with went after every fat girl in the office.

I agree. Beauty is subjective. What even is this whole post? Why do people feel the need to debate this? Anyone could be attractive to the right person. Plus it's not all about looks.
Original post by DreamAway
I agree. Beauty is subjective. What even is this whole post? Why do people feel the need to debate this? Anyone could be attractive to the right person. Plus it's not all about looks.

The OP is our resident Mr Controversial. :smile:
Original post by jblackmoustache
Women will get approached regardless. The fattest women I know have relatively good success in dating.

I know men who find fat women attractive but i know no woman who finds fat men attractive. That's why it's important as a man to stay in shape (well health and fitness also). Thats the harsh reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Agree with this, i've known a guy who had a crush on a fat girl, though she did have a really pretty face and nice hair. Doesn't work in the same way for fat men unfortunately.
I know a girl at uni who is really overweight but she has got such a pretty face- an amazing smile, nice eyes and beautiful thick dark hair, she dresses in a quite a cute way too. It's a shame because she's so sweet and nice too. She would be stunning if she was able to lose the weight. There was a photo of her at a black tie event and she looked gorgeous when she was dressed up and with a bit of make up.*
Reply 65
Chubby yes, fat no.

But there are certainly people who even have fetishes for fat. So the answer in general is yes.
Original post by bethwalker85
It depends what you class as fat... I think plus size models are attractive but consider some of them average. Ashley Graham for example, is considered plus size but I don't see her as fat and I think she's very attractive.

Ashley Graham would be a bit overweight according to the BMI index but she's toned and look good, seems quite healthy. Certain plus-sized models like Tess Holliday are obese though, which is generally considered to be unattractive.
I would find an overweight guy attractive if he made me laugh and had a great personality (though not at first sight). If he was obese, the attraction wouldn't last long because I would eventually get put off by his lack of effort to look after his health and well-being, which has happened before.
(edited 7 years ago)
yes: in the same way that skinny people can be attractive
Reply 69
Original post by jblackmoustache
Women will get approached regardless. The fattest women I know have relatively good success in dating.

I know men who find fat women attractive but i know no woman who finds fat men attractive. That's why it's important as a man to stay in shape (well health and fitness also). Thats the harsh reality.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm not sure why you think this
do you even need to ask? NO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending