Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Does anyone know what the tickets for sale tomorrow for freshers are about?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've just been told there are no rooms left and I have to either share or live with second/third years!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by At1045)
    I've just been told there are no rooms left and I have to either share or live with second/third years!!!
    Yeah me too. Can't be dealing with that 😩 Hopefully something else will come up

ReputationRep:
    Oh no! What are you going to do? Is there no chance of you getting your original offer at Langwith?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexarmstrong7)
    Yeah me too. Can't be dealing with that 😩 Hopefully something else will come up
    I've put sharing with older ones as my choice I just can't live in a twin room :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tesa)
    Oh no! What are you going to do? Is there no chance of you getting your original offer at Langwith?
    No it was too expensive anyway. I don't understand how this is fair, my application must have gone to the bottom of the pile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    No it was too expensive anyway. I don't understand how this is fair, my application must have gone to the bottom of the pile
    Preference was given to those who applied first so that might be it...

ReputationRep:
    No it doesn't seem fair. But you never know, you might get on really well with the older ones in your flat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tesa)
    No it doesn't seem fair. But you never know, you might get on really well with the older ones in your flat.
    It says only 'I'd like to be considered' which means I probably won't get that either. The only other option is student castle

ReputationRep:
    It says only 'I'd like to be considered' which means I probably won't get that either. The only other option is student castle
    What's student castle? Is that other uni accomadation?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by tesa)
    What's student castle? Is that other uni accomadation?
    Not owned by the uni and more expensive then the uni too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tesa)
    What's student castle? Is that other uni
    accomadation?
    Yeah it's in the centre rather than on campus. Thing is its for 51 weeks which means I could have just accepted Langwith. I just thought they'd have got back to be sooner rather than make me wait. what a mess

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's in the centre rather than on campus. Thing is its for 51 weeks which means I could have just accepted Langwith. I just thought they'd have got back to be sooner rather than make me wait. what a mess
    Oh god! I'm sorry. Fingers crossed you get into a flat with the older students. Maybe you could call the uni explaining your situation...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gofios)
    Hello!

Would you be interested in a place at Derwent college for 40 weeks, shared and self catered? I would be delighted to swap
    That was literally my first choice! I haven't got my accommodation yet, I think I'm getting it today but what do you want to swap for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Polly808)
    Hi! Got into York today, so excited, but really disappointed about getting my 7th choice accommodation. If anyone is on Hes East (would really love Langwith) and wants to be on Hes West I am looking to swap. I have a ensuite, catered room in James, 40 weeks.

Thanks!
    Hi I've got a room in edens court 40 week let and shared bathroom and self catered. i'd really love to swap with you if you're interested ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doctorwhofan98)
    I'm coming to York for Law - so excited! I got my first choice accommodation (Constantine College) as well, which I'm really happy about.
    Oh my gosh. We are in the same college and doing the same course! Hit me up

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I don't know much about the collegiate system. I got into York for Law and was wondering where the department is (East or West) and where Constantine college and Derwent college are (East or West).

Help would be appreciated

Thanks x
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Giorgiiaa)
    Hi,
    I don't know much about the collegiate system. I got into York for Law and was wondering where the department is (East or West) and where Constantine college and Derwent college are (East or West).

Thanks x
    Law is on east but you will likely have lectures on both campuses. Constantine is east Derwent is west

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Law is on east but you will likely have lectures on both campuses. Constantine is east Derwent is west
    Thank you so much

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giorgiiaa)
    Hi,

Thanks x
    As Aph said, Law is on Hes East, but if I were you, I would not reject everything from Hes West just cos its on the other side of the campus

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.