Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    If that's your priority, cool. But it's not the priority for others, which is also fine. Accept that and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly what I said, common sense really

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Why would you waste your prime time years with optimal testosterone levels pursuing "money" rather than getting swole? Some people I just don't understand.
    The money factor is a powerful motivator. Assuming they can fend off every other bloke for it, bearing in mind nepotism is rampant in this industry and you're stuck on their coattails.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Harold Godwinson)
    Who says I'm playing mind games? That's on you. Everyone else on this thread are getting on with each other discussing and conversing just fine. And you are judging me more then, I'm judging you. Judging by your character I don't have to.
    'See, you're getting frustrated', 'if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen'.

^ That is indicating to me that you're purposely being a nuisance to get a reaction, that is playing mind games.

Yeah, because my character is summarised in a few unicode-formatted symbols on a computer screen. Sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AdeptDz)
    ???
    And I could say the opposite to you, but it would be stupid wouldn't it?
    We both have our reasons, we both have different priorities
    That's 'why'
    that wasn't so hard to understand was it
    Everybody has different aims okay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If that's your priority, cool. But it's not the priority for others, which is also fine. Accept that and move on.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Guys, twas just a joke lighten up haha. Ever heard of the gym culture meme?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ohh my bad, 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    fair, my joke sensors are pretty off at this time of day tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    'See, you're getting frustrated', 'if you can't handle the heat, get out of the kitchen'.

^ That is indicating to me that you're purposely being a nuisance to get a reaction, that is playing mind games.

Yeah, because my character is summarised in a few unicode-formatted symbols on a computer screen. Sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No, this is a discussion site among other things as well. And you can't handle criticism, you just have trouble accepting when not everything you say is true. How did you become apart of the TSR support team? You're the last person I would want supporting me in hardship or a tricky situation.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know an experienced member of the TSR support team to advise about IB? I'm researching the topic to build a picture.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    No, this is a discussion site among other things as well. And you can't handle criticism, you just have trouble accepting when not everything you say is true. How did you become apart of the TSR support team? You're the last person I would want supporting me in hardship or a tricky situation.
    Oh I can, but not when you're being hypocritical and presumptuous.

Cool, I'm done discussing with you then.

I applied, and got it as did everyone else.

Goodnight dude, hope you have a decent rest and that bigger and brighter things occupy your time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Don't mean to sound like I'm lickin his ass or something, but he actually is pretty helpful, he helps countless numbers of people a day, I would be annoyed if I were him as he repeats stuff all the he time ; the only reason I think he's being like that to you is because of how you came across, and how you're assuming things which aren't true, maybe just ask nicely and you'll get what you want

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh I can, but not when you're being hypocritical and presumptuous.

Cool, I'm done discussing with you then.

I applied, and got it as did everyone else.

Goodnight dude, hope you have a decent rest and that bigger and brighter things occupy your time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How the hell you "support member" status is beond me you are terrible at supporting TSR members on their questions, utterly useless. It doesn't matter though, there are plenty of more experienced people to give some accurate advice, based on actual experience in the industry. You are at university? What do you know about experience, other then some monkey internship if that. Good night anyway Princepieman. Thanks for the "support", much more informed now, not.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    How the hell you "support member" status is beond me you are terrible at supporting TSR members on their questions, utterly useless. It doesn't matter though, there are plenty of more experienced people to give some accurate advice, based on actual experience in the industry. You are at university? What do you know about experience, other then some monkey internship if that. Good night anyway Princepieman. Thanks for the "support", much more informed now, not.
    And this is why I didn't want to continue speaking to you, but thanks for showing your true colours anyhow. Goodnight Harold.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't mean to sound like I'm lickin his ass or something, but he actually is pretty helpful, he helps countless numbers of people a day, I would be annoyed if I were him as he repeats stuff all the he time ; the only reason I think he's being like that to you is because of how you came across, and how you're assuming things which aren't true, maybe just ask nicely and you'll get what you want

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you Adeptz, you are someone people can have an actual conversation with. This person" pieman" or whatever his name is comes across as a self elected "expert" with absolutely zero actual experience in the industry. He doesn't know the ins and the outs, judging by his lacklustre responses. He seemed more interested in arguing, or assuming insults when none was intended. Although you are right, I might have come across as confrontational myself and if that be I apologise to all involved. But this "pieman", it would be foolish to call him an expert, or take his word as fact without knowing who he is in person. Peoples dreams are at stake here and you can just peddle them possibly incorrect information.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you Adeptz, you are someone people can have an actual conversation with. This person" pieman" or whatever his name is comes across as a self elected "expert" with absolutely zero actual experience in the industry. He doesn't know the ins and the outs, judging by his lacklustre responses. He seemed more interested in arguing, or assuming insults when none was intended. Although you are right, I might have come across as confrontational myself and if that be I apologise to all involved. But this "pieman", it would be foolish to call him an expert, or take his word as fact without knowing who he is in person. Peoples dreams are at stake here and you can just peddle them possibly incorrect information.
    lol who dreams to do ib, feel sorry for them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    Ok, not the best word to use for IB I'll admit lol. Peoples ambitions then, what right has this pie dude got to declare himself expert and take his word as the word of the King, everyone else is wrong but me! HaHaHa (scary evil villain laugh). You get the idea, haha. But how can this guy know anything if he hasn't even been in the industry before, he's a university student for Godsake!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Thank you, I don't know if he has any experience but I do know he has done his research (for a long time) also I think he has spoken to other bankers so he is very knowledgeable in the field.. I don't know about 'expert' but he sure does know what he's talking about.. And true what he saids may not be true, but most of the things I've seen him say, I've also seen online from 'reputable' sources. And the people could also confirm on Google, he does say use Google as well, because I'm guessing that's where he got his knowledge from as well as from networking which are both some what reliable sources. And yeah you came across a bit confrontational but if you have a question, I'm no expert so either ask it tomorrow or Google it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Ok, not the best word to use for IB I'll admit lol. Peoples ambitions then, what right has this pie dude got to declare himself expert and take his word as the word of the King, everyone else is wrong but me! HaHaHa (scary evil villain laugh). You get the idea, haha. But how can this guy know anything if he hasn't even been in the industry before, he's a university student for Godsake!
    Also there are other people on this thread who help answer questions or confirm what he said, and I think people trust him as he's been doing this for a while and is respected, if there are people on this thread (who have experience) who don't say he is wrong then I guess he's probably right

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I don't know if he has any experience but I do know he has done his research (for a long time) also I think he has spoken to other bankers so he is very knowledgeable in the field.. I don't know about 'expert' but he sure does know what he's talking about.. And true what he saids may not be true, but most of the things I've seen him say, I've also seen online from 'reputable' sources. And the people could also confirm on Google, he does say use Google as well, because I'm guessing that's where he got his knowledge from as well as from networking which are both some what reliable sources. And yeah you came across a bit confrontational but if you have a question, I'm no expert so either ask it tomorrow or Google it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be honest, he strikes me as a narcissist. But then who am I to judge against the great "Princepieman". Psshh, please. I followed you btw Adepts, you know what's what I can tell you do. Cheers mate!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by gr8wizard10)
    Hey, can I ask while you're at the bank how much free time (as you don't work for the whole 15 hours) do you get? Or do you always have something to do, I doubt it. And you get breaks right? Like most other jobs? And what do you do during the free time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    To be honest, he strikes me as a narcissist. But then who am I to judge against the great "Princepieman". Psshh, please. I followed you btw Adepts, you know what's what I can tell you do. Cheers mate!
    Lool, thanks I guess.. No problem anyway but next time just try be less confrontational

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.