• View Poll Results: Window or aisle?
    Window
    70.60%
    Aisle
    20.04%
    No preference
    9.36%

ReputationRep:
    Window. I'm short so don't have to worry about my non existent long legs being cramped.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Always aisle. I find it really awkward asking to get past people, but don't mind them going past me to be honest, so find it easier. Also good for sticking out legs into aisle!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leviathan1741)
    Aisle, so I can get up to use the loo without having to climb over anyone/ask them to move
    Sadly, I didn't have that luxury last year when on my 7 hour flight out of the USA to back here again, I was sandwiched in between the aisle and window seats, and to make matters worse, we were delayed for take-off for about 3 hours! :unimpressed:

But to answer the question: Aisle seats for the same reason as you just said.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Window or aisle?

I prefer the window so I can take pictures when we take-off and land

What about you?
    I like the flight deck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Aisle, i m an incredibly nervous flyer.
    I'm exactly the same! Sounds daft but my reasoning is that if something happens, I can get to the emergency exit quicker. It just gives me peace of mind :')

ReputationRep:
    Used to be a window guy, but legroom has made me a aisle guy.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by nobodycarescarla)
    I'm exactly the same! Sounds daft but my reasoning is that if something happens, I can get to the emergency exit quicker. It just gives me peace of mind :'
    For me I just can't cope with looking out of the window really, hadn't ever thought about being closer to the exit.

ReputationRep:
    As others have said, window is great unless you need the leg room.
    I go for aisle seats these days.

ReputationRep:
    Window seat! *I don't usually need to get up during the flight so don't mind being *on the inside, but I hate having to get up for other people. *I'm also short so don't need extra leg room, and I like the view out the window anyway.

I've sat beside the emergency exit in the middle of the plane a few times, but really didn't like it. *Too much responsibility if anything happened during the flight.*

ReputationRep:
    Window's cool, but the novelty quickly wears off once you're in the air. I've flown for 12+ hours a couple of times, and on the flight that long, when people often go to sleep, it's so much better being sat in an aisle seat, so that you can get up and stretch and avoid waking people up whenever you want to go to the toilet. I often fly alone, so it's even more awkward when it's strangers that you have to wake! They also make you close the blind on the window whilst the lights are out and people are sleeping, so during that time there's really no benefit at all to being by a window.

ReputationRep:
    Aisle. Extra leg room and breathing space, easier to get up and go to the toilet, and quicker to escape if things turn south (pun intended).

ReputationRep:
    Window for flights under 3 hours because I like the view!
    Aisle for flights longer than 3 hours because I need to be able to walk in the centre for a bit so my leg doesn't seize up from being cramped (I have plates and pins in it and they hurt after a while)

ReputationRep:
    Aisle, so that I can run quickly to the toilet if I'm about to throw up.

ReputationRep:
    Window even though I'm very scared of flying. For some reason I seem to believe that if something goes wrong with the plane I'll somehow see it from the window and prepare myself for my impending doom.
    If I manage to relax I also enjoy the view even though its terrifying

ReputationRep:
    aisle. when you're 6ft,3 you need all the legroom you can get.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.