Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    I'm no driver so maybe what I am thinking wouldn't work, but coming down on the opposite side of the street and then turning slightly to move diagonally as the lorry goes down the street wouldn't affect speed I would imagine, but this could be my warped view of driving from movies and video games, and not actually be possible
    Maybe if it were a sports car with a lot of down force, not a several ton lorry that would barely be able to do that at half the speed, it's a very small target if they're coming from Whitehall side

All you need is basic physics, you don't need a second behind the wheel

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    I'm in a flat.
    Hmm..... 0.0
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    If the gate was left open I have found crash test videos for the model of gate, and road blockade reported to be used by the government to protect buildings; the video uses fully loaded lorries in tests.

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Actually if we are talking about attacking number 10 I would imagine somehow croping a bomb on it would be more realistic and easy. Or using a small microlight equips with explosives or some chemical weapon would work better.

ReputationRep:
    Statement from the Prime Minister

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Nigel Farage MEP)
    If the gate was left open I have found crash test videos for the model of gate, and road blockade reported to be used by the government to protect buildings; the video uses fully loaded lorries in tests.
    When the lorry hit the bollard I got such a sense of satisfaction I think I achieved Nirvana.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Actually if we are talking about attacking number 10 I would imagine somehow croping a bomb on it would be more realistic and easy. Or using a small microlight equips with explosives or some chemical weapon would work better.
    Something tells me there will be a reinforced roof after 1991, and there will be a high level biocontainment area like in the white house available for suspected biological and chemical attacks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    'I can't be bothered to write a response' in other words.
    No, there will be time for that tomorrow once we agree on what has actually happened.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Something tells me there will be a reinforced roof after 1991, and there will be a high level biocontainment area like in the white house available for suspected biological and chemical attacks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There is a courtyard in the middle which one could target.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder whether the CT are going to get a visit from the GCHQ tomorrow to make sure we really are just a bunch of petty nerds with nothing better to do.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    I wonder whether the CT are going to get a visit from the GCHQ tomorrow to make sure we really are just a bunch of petty nerds with nothing better to do.
    Inshallah.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    There is a courtyard in the middle which one could target.
    Right, which requires perfect timing and aim

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    Right, which requires perfect timing and aim

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well it's more likely than this truck.
    I was also wondering how feasible an attack going into their garden via hoursegaurds is but google maps failed me.

ReputationRep:
    Send him in...

image.jpeg
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    Saracen's Fez Are the government allowed to ignore/only respond to the parts they want to of a crisis?
    There are no rules as to what the Government must respond to – they will respond as they see fit.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by DMcGovern)
    The fact remains that you cannot select bits and pieces of crises that you want to address, no matter how plausible the crisis is. For what it's worth I removed some even less plausible events which included a riot by Daesh sympathisers in Tower Hamlets, so you will have to make do.

Not that it's your decision since PetrosAC is technically calling the shots here with yourself incapacitated.
    Actually it's a crisis for the Government, which should be submitted from the Government. LP being injured here doesn't making Petros actually Acting PM... The response should be debated with everyone in the Government, and the response be submitted in the usual way.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Aph)
    Well from what we have heard mobbsy could have single handedly blocked it but didn't so...

An attack on Downing Street, especially by a Lorry is virtually impossible.
    No, after I withdrew my support for this crisis, I didn't then say yes to it. My objection to it was ignored.

ReputationRep:
    Look what happens when you lot reject the National Security and Entry Bill. Attacks like this happen! I have warned you, but you voted against a bill that would protect the British people. If that bill were law, this would not have occurred, as the Syrian lorry driver would not have been allowed into the country! Many people have died thanks to your insistence on political correctness.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Unown Uzer)
    Look what happens when you lot reject the National Security and Entry Bill. Attacks like this happen! I have warned you, but you voted against a bill that would protect the British people. If that bill were law, this would not have occurred, as the Syrian lorry driver would not have been allowed into the country! Many people have died thanks to your insistence on political correctness.
    Ummm, you mean these people arrived the moment the attack began?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Life_peer)
    Nobody could say for certain? :eek: Except for, you know, people who construct, test and certify those gates? If you push me, I shall find the actual requirements for a certification of some common security gates tomorrow (one would assume that the one that guards the PM of the UK is even stronger) but I hope this video will suffice (the most relevant action is at 1:44):

https://youtu.be/KT9WlALh_A4?t=1m44s

I'd also love to see a lorry that could reach 80 mph on flipping Richmond Terrace which is about 0.1 miles long. Is it pulled by pink unicorns by any chance?

You people have very little attention to detail. I could have been in a car, on a foreign visit, etc., yet you chose to put me in one of the most heavily protected buildings in the centre of London and sent a lorry with some dumb Islamic terrorist to get me, lol…
    You would be naive to think that the terrorists did not plan this in advance. The lorry was heavily modified so that it could reach 80 mph on Richmond Terrace. And the blast was very powerful. Also, reports are coming in that sarin gas was used on Downing Street. But I am glad to see you alive. At least this country is not governed by Petros.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.