Turn on thread page Beta

Muslims in hospital watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by subzero90)
    Beacuse its for the greater good of society, Islam teaches high morals, along with dignity and respect. (dont try to refute this, you will get proved wrong)

Having a doctor of the opposite sex intimately inspect you in a private enclosed area MIGHT and COULD lead to something "unprofessional":eek: .

And as said before, if you see this as wanting to "change your society", then i suggest you rethink if that is actually true.

Peace.
    Rubbish. I do not need a 'religion; to teach me morals, respect, diginity, my parents and now myself being an adult, making my own choices, I am capable of knowing right from wrong and choosing my own life. Do not even bother getting into a debate about Muslim teachings or any other religion.

See it is crap like Having a doctor of the opposite sex intimately inspect you in a private enclosed area MIGHT and COULD lead to something "unprofessional":eek: . A Doctor is a professional person. Your body is not a sexual object to him. You really think Jordans gynocologist was romotely turned on when he had to examine her? Why would a Muslim consider becoming a Doctor as he 'might' and 'could' abuse a patient? What about women, they abuse other women. You have to take chances in life. Is that why muslim women have to/choose to cover up as other men might rape them? Is that why the muslim woman in Wife Swap would not shake a mans hand as he might get turned on? I do not know what society you live in, but in my society, then Doctors are trust worthy, so are other males etc. I get a taxi home at the end of a night, I do not get drunk so I dont know what I am doing, so i dont lose my belongings so I arrive home safely. Since when has religion played a part in my life? Why do Msulims send children to secondary schools as the male teacher could abuse them in after school detention. I hate it how people used to try and make me feel beneth them because I did not follow there religion. It is my choice to follow a religion, I live my life how I want. If i want to have lots of sex then thats my choice, you can judge your life on mine saying you would not do it, but dont think i have no morals, self respetc etc just because I do it.
    Since the second world war when the NHS came about then hardly any one has had a problem with a male/female treating them. But then people/muslims come up with in my opinion silly reasoning to why they think certain things should be changed - such as vails in school. France does not allow vails, or crosses, or purety rings.... why shouldnt england follow its secular example.
    Ok i cant explain myself very well, but this thread is about religion and health care. If it was just about healthcare my reasoning would still be the same. I am not getting at Muslims, just think things should be left as they are. I work by myself and two men have access to where I work. Should I quit my job because they may abuse me? No, because there is a high possibility they wont. Of couse there are problem Doctors, but the cons out weigh the benefits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_Sheffield)
    I live my life how I want.
    And similarly, Muslims would feel comfortable with seeing a doctor of the same sex. So I don't see why you are objecting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soc)
    And similarly, Muslims would feel comfortable with seeing a doctor of the same sex. So I don't see why you are objecting?
    Because society should not change because of religion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becky_Sheffield)
    Because society should not change because of religion
    You're repeating the same crap over and over again. Society isn't changing because of religion. If you don't understand that, no one can help you.

ReputationRep:
    I think she's making a point which could be very valid to another debate. But not here.

If someone doesn't want to use a doctor of a particular gender, sexuality, **** it, even race, that's entirely their prerogative.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 19, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.