Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UniofReading)
    It's worth joining the Meteorology Society at the Student Union once your account(s) are all up and running (https://www.rusu.co.uk/societies/rumetsoc/)

Mark
    2nd Year Accounting and Management
    hi Mark. Thanks for your reply. what do I need to do in order to join metsoc then? what accounts do I need to get sorted? will I need to get an NUS card first, because I don't know how to get one.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by radiohedge)
    hi Mark. Thanks for your reply. what do I need to do in order to join metsoc then? what accounts do I need to get sorted? will I need to get an NUS card first, because I don't know how to get one.
    Hi radiohedge,
    Once you are fully enrolled you will be given your university username and password, you will then be able to join any of the societies at www.rusu.co.uk

You don't need a NUS Extra card to join any of the societies

Mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyAmy123)
    Hi, I am going to be studying zoology, so excited! Reading was my firm choice and I'm just wondering whether we have to confirm the place on UCAS track or whether it goes through automatically? Thanks
    Hey Amy, congrats on getting your firm choice ^_^ I'm also doing Zoology at Reading! Do you know what hall you're in yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frankieos)
    I'm in Windsor Halls (the most I can cook is beans on toast, spag bol at a stretch, so I went for the catered option ) I am doing Zoology though!
    That sounds like a good call then! :P guess ill be meeting you next month

ReputationRep:
    Hey Amy, congrats on getting your firm choice ^_^ I'm also doing Zoology at Reading! Do you know what hall you're in yet?
    Yay! I'm going to be in wantage halls, you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mewii)
    That sounds like a good call then! :P guess ill be meeting you next month
    Ahah yeah how lucky for you! I'm the socially awkward lanky one who probably has some sort of pun on their shirt

ReputationRep:
    Yay! I'm going to be in wantage halls, you?
    I'm in Windsor halls Is yours catered or non catered?

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Windsor halls Is yours catered or non catered?
    Catered cooking isn't exactly one of my strengths yet! You're catered too right?

ReputationRep:
    Catered cooking isn't exactly one of my strengths yet! You're catered too right?
    Yeah, I am indeed, for the same reasons XD You're more optimistic than me though if it isn't a strength "yet". I'm cool with living off cheerios and instant noodles for second and third year though

ReputationRep:
    Got my place confirmed; anyone else going to study Spanish and/or History?? Or is anyone staying in Sherfield???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewRobertson)
    Got my place confirmed; anyone else going to study Spanish and/or History?? Or is anyone staying in Sherfield???
    Awesome.... I am staying at Sherfield but studying pharmacy

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I am indeed, for the same reasons XD You're more optimistic than me though if it isn't a strength "yet". I'm cool with living off cheerios and instant noodles for second and third year though
    To be honest I think that's what I'll end up doing as my attempts to learn to cook have been shocking!

ReputationRep:
    Not me...

ReputationRep:
    Also can someone please tell me more about the BA economics course please and there experience. Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I'm joining this year too. Doing my masters in international shipping and finance. Coming all the way from India so hope for a good stay. Kind of nervous but yea excited too.

ReputationRep:
    How likely is it for me to get a place for accommodation as an insurance student ?

ReputationRep:
    I've submitted an expression of interest but then it says done clearing students got halls offers?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by gilberta)
    How likely is it for me to get a place for accommodation as an insurance student ?
    It certainly is possible, the University can accompany nearly 4000 rooms and enrolls circa 6000 students a year - There is no guarantee however. Alternatively, there are 'Private Halls' available which you may want to consider including:

Unite Students
    CRM Students
    Fresh Living

Mark

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I think that's what I'll end up doing as my attempts to learn to cook have been shocking!
    Ahaha glad I'm not the only one then! ^_^

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.