Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sillyme)
    The book was:
    a) leaked onto the net
    b) shipped off early to loads of people in the US by a retailer
    c) reviewed by various big American newspapers
    d) sold early by a number of shops all over the world.

So much for the £10 million security. The money could have been better spent.
    some shops in America always (accidently) sell the books early, dont they know when the release date is?! lol

ReputationRep:
    It's not just America though, books have been sold early in Australia, China and Brazil and who knows how many other places.

ReputationRep:
    Think the £10 million pound security was by Bloomsbury though. From what I've heard all these mess-ups are by Scholastic and companies supplied by them(?).

ReputationRep:
    JK must be pissed. How could a bookstore be so stupid to start selling the books days before it's out.

ReputationRep:
    I've read the first 5 chapters, and I keep telling myself "That's enough, wait for the book!"

But I am week willed. I'm being drawn in, I can't stop!!

ReputationRep:
    You bad, bad reverend! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simmy)
    JK must be pissed. How could a bookstore be so stupid to start selling the books days before it's out.
    Yeah, all that money. Not to mention the extra publicity for the book.

Mighty pissed; I'd say!

ReputationRep:
    VERY SLIGHT SPOILERS

BOOK REVIEW

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/19/bo...html?ref=books

ReputationRep:
    Interesting read! And the 'slight spoilers' have made me want to read it more!

-x-

ReputationRep:
    I just got the leaked book in a PDF version. I don't know why since I'm not planning on reading it until i get the book tonight. I'm gonna play cs for two hours then go to bed so that i can stay up all night.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.