Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I stalled twice in my lesson, once because I took my foot off the clutch too soon when starting and another time when I was supposed to go from 1st gear to 2nd but I ended up in 4th lol.

(Original post by tiger_vio)
    No idea what engine it is :/ ive never asked, its a nissan micra!
    By revving do you just mean use loads of gas when finding the bite? Its not the gas thats the issue, its just trying to keep my foot on the bite. When you're concentrating on so many other things it's like hard to tell if you've got the bite and the car is moving sometimes..
    erm petrol probably? not sure though :blushing: not a real car expert :p:
    anyway just don't worry about the bite just lift your foot up a bit off the bite at a stop and then get your gas at about 1.5-2 revs on normal, bit less downhill, rev or so uphill depending on gradient. THen just bring the clutch slowly up and wehn it starts moving then you can gradually take it up a bit faster but not too fast ;yes; sorry if that didn't make much sense :p:
    • CV Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    Just booked my first lesson, it's a 2 hour one. Is this quite normal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackHawk)
    Just booked my first lesson, it's a 2 hour one. Is this quite normal?
    quite a few people do that, as most of an hour lesson will be spent just talking. Good luck for your first lesson and i hope it goes well :hugs: what car are you going to be learning in?
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    my first one was 1 hour - but that was only cos the instructor believes the 1st lesson is quite overwhelming to have 2 hours, but all his usual lessons are 2 hours long. Good luck with your lesson - you'll love it.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.