Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aston University)
    Hi,

We are yet to complete allocation of accommodation to clearing students, whilst the number of available rooms is always limited for clearing students, i would write that off as scaremongering at this point in time.

Accommodation is allocated on a first come first serve basis after clearing, thus the sooner you applied the higher your chances. There is also plenty of off campus accommodation available in Birmingham through private companies.*
    Josh*
    Hi
    Do you know roughly when allocations will be made? I dont know whether I should be making other arrangements,
    Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by sophicoco)
    Hi
    Do you know roughly when allocations will be made? I dont know whether I should be making other arrangements,
    Thanks
    Normally over the next week depending on where you are in the queue and how fast we can make our accommodation teams work.

It never hurts to do research some backup options at this stage.

Josh*
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Seigi)
    Hi there. I have emailed the University a few times asking for a place and they've said no. This is for Mathematics. The entry requirements are ABB, but I've just seen that they've dropped the requirements to BBC. My grades are ABC. The issue is I have already studied there before. I didn't take all my exams, and hence failed the first year. I know I have a bad record with Aston, but I wasn't focused at all then and I didn't understand the merits of a degree. Is it worth me calling and asking them by phone? I am fully committed to studying this time around, especially as the debt is much higher now. I've been offered a place elsewhere, but my heart has always been set on Aston.
    Hi,

Unfortunately i'm not authorized to speculate on application decisions and entry onto specific courses, i'm sure there would have been a step in the process where after failing first year, you would either resit the year. Often if you've been rejected by admissions teams it is with good reason. However if you do call our clearing hotline, you'll be able to speak to an actual person.

I can't guarantee that the outcome will be any different.

Josh *

ReputationRep:
    first year male student looking for on campus accommodation!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.