Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Rochester in Kent! Takes me about 5 and half hours to get to Aber. I find it quickest to go up and through Birmingham, Telford and Welshpool etc. but
    the M4 route isn't that much slower!

SouthenerSoc? haha

ReputationRep:
    Wow Im from north wales, and from the sounds of this thread im gonna be the only welsh person in aber ^_^

(kidding btw)

ReputationRep:
    You wont be the only welsh person. But you'll find that there is a lack of welsh people there :p:

ReputationRep:
    Not really. I know of quite a few Welsh people in Aber. The main attraction for them is that Aber do some courses in Welsh.

ReputationRep:
    Seem to be alot of Welsh people out on Saturdays in Aberystwyth, think they're mainly locals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomc87)
    Seem to be alot of Welsh people out on Saturdays in Aberystwyth, think they're mainly locals.
    Yeah the locals tend to be out more on a weekend than during the week. I would say though that about 25% of the total number of students at UWA are Welsh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crisps)
    Yeah the locals tend to be out more on a weekend than during the week. I would say though that about 25% of the total number of students at UWA are Welsh.
    I remember seeing a pie chart of the students at Aberystwyth, and around 30% of students come from Wales.

Oh and just after writing that here is the pie chart....

http://www.aber.ac.uk/en/prospectus/...ties/where.php

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Djmilesno1)
    I remember seeing a pie chart of the students at Aberystwyth, and around 30% of students come from Wales.

That was a good guess then :p:

ReputationRep:

Yay for the midlands

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissKtotheT)
    Yay for the midlands
    Too many of them in my opinion

ReputationRep:
    You'll be sorry Miles, my accent's back mwahahaha-sarah got a load of gornal vocab this morning when she was being daft-not afraid to use it on you too mwahaha

ReputationRep:
    Nearly everyone is a Northerner in your eyes :p:

ReputationRep:
    bah at the lack of yorkshiremen/women, who else am I going to be able to discuss yorkshire pudding recipes with.

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm yorkshire pudding :love:

I think we're having a roast tonight too!

ReputationRep:
    Mmmm yorkshire pudding :love:

I think we're having a roast tonight too!
    Roast? On a Thursday?:eek:

ReputationRep:
    You can have a roast whenever. Mmmmm, Yorkshire pudding..........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by button16)
    bah at the lack of yorkshiremen/women, who else am I going to be able to discuss yorkshire pudding recipes with.
    =o teach meeeeeeee, I'm going to tackle roast dinners more this year...was hassle last year but since I've converted from a long term vegetarian they seemmore appealing!

AND I know a 3rd year yorkshire man...I think he's from yorkshire...leeds maybe...hmmmmmmmmm....

ReputationRep:
    There are Yorkies around, I know of the odd one or two. Plus I'm kinda one, I live and currently work in Yorkshire according to where our house is, the Post office think otherwise as we have a Lancy address, and if you go by BT, then it's a Cumbrian exchange

ReputationRep:
    Roast? On a Thursday?:eek:
    Yes :p:
    Kate I remember you promising to cook Sunday lunch but you never got round to it :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    Yes :p:
    Kate I remember you promising to cook Sunday lunch but you never got round to it :hmmm:
    Actually I did it more than once for matt, ben, phil etc...you just didn't come [you were invited!!!!!!!]

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.