Favourite tea?

Announcements

(Original post by 999tigger)
    Used to like Earl Grey, bit an acquired taste. I like Rooibos with vanilla these days.
    Ooh red bush tea and vanilla oh nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ginger tea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Be it English Breakfast or some herbal blend and who makes it?

Personally i've always had a taste for Assam and Ceylon by the East India Company )
    Pu-Erh....
    Ceylon with little added dried berries things is good too tho

ReputationRep:
    Clipper Organic black tea is what we buy at home and can drink it any time of the year.

When it's warm outside I tend to go for matcha or taro flavoured bubble tea, with tapioca. Favourite of all time is probably bottled green tea, 'Oi Ocha' in particular when I can get my hands on it.

ReputationRep:
    Whittards do this lovely Turkish Apple Tea which I love!
    Its so flavoursome and refreshing- also you can have it hot or cold.

But I do enjoy a english breakfast with my cereal!

ReputationRep:
    Out of interest what do y'all think of tea served by high street coffee shops like starbucks etc?

ReputationRep:
    Moroccan Mint tea is just… :love:

ReputationRep:
    PG Tips, green tea with lemon, camomile with spiced apple (both Twinings)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Out of interest what do y'all think of tea served by high street coffee shops like starbucks etc?
    Costa use Twinings, so I'm cool with that, but I hate how much milk they put in

ReputationRep:
    Apart from standard black tea with milk and sugar, I love the caramel green tea by Twining's. It's just so calming and therapeutic, and has a nice, sweet smell and aftertaste. Earl grey is nice too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bones-mccoy)
    Costa use Twinings, so I'm cool with that, but I hate how much milk they put in
    Indeed however they do charge an egregious amount for it and seem to use warm instead of hot water so it never has any flavour (

ReputationRep:
    Irish breakfast tea, by a N.I brand called Thompsons.

My uni have a tea society, it is amazing. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Be it English Breakfast or some herbal blend and who makes it?

Personally i've always had a taste for Assam and Ceylon by the East India Company )
    I'm tracing my family tree and my grandfather from Ireland worked as a soldier in the private army belonging to the East India Company. He was born in 1869 and died in 1946. [Just a bit of useless info for you there !].

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    I'm tracing my family tree and my grandfather from Ireland worked as a soldier in the private army belonging to the East India Company. He was born in 1869 and died in 1946. [Just a bit of useless info for you there !].
    Fascinating! I must say he joined at a rather bad time for the company though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Napp)
    Indeed however they do charge an egregious amount for it and seem to use warm instead of hot water so it never has any flavour (
    Yeah, it pains me having to pay their prices but sometimes I just NEED tea in my life.

Spicy chai. Love it. A strong spicy tea that's for sure, might try as recommended with milk and sugar next,

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    anything but earl grey - earl grey can **** off.

ReputationRep:
    green tea

ReputationRep:
    I've been drinking at least one cup of Tetley (milk/no sugar) a day, everyday, for uh 12-13 years. Go-to wake-up drink. Although I've been known to drink up to seven cups of it a day.

I drink a fairly large range of teas. My latest obsession is Whittard of Chelsea's Orange Blossom tea. It's a black tea with orange notes. I love it. :heart:

Also, it is worth noting that Whittard of Chelsea give a 10% discount and free samples to students.

Just found a love for Earl Grey..omg! ☕️
    (Original post by sleepysnooze)
    anything but earl grey - earl grey can **** off.
    Sorry but I have found it's nice just sweetened slightly with a dash of milk..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 26, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Does your body insecurities make you avoid PE or exercise?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.