Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by panda5)
    Hi,

I was given an offer through clearing to study mathematics at Leeds early this morning. However, since then I've not received an email from Leeds confirming this. Should I be worried that I may infact not have an offer?
    Did you add them as a clearing choice? I wouldn't worry too much because they did confirm it over the phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Happy to help you guys. I rang probably over 40 universities and now study at the University of Aberdeen.
    Heya I recieved a verbal offer for Criminology and sociology from LJMU which I'm stoked about ... But they've still to officially accept it through ucas ... I'm petrified they'll take they're offer back ... How long did it take for them to reply to you ?

ReputationRep:
    Did you add them as a clearing choice? I wouldn't worry too much because they did confirm it over the phone.
    Yes I confirmed them as my clearing choice on UCAS if that is what you mean? I'm worried though because every other uni that offered me a clearing position on a course sent me an email.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I confirmed them as my clearing choice on UCAS if that is what you mean? I'm worried though because every other uni that offered me a clearing position on a course sent me an email.
    Don't panic. If you've put them into your ucas as your clearing choice they should confirm it soon. As it's the first day of results, they'll be busy. If it isn't accepted by tomorrow on track, call/email them. In fact, drop their admissions an email now to remind them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrampton1)
    Heya I recieved a verbal offer for Criminology and sociology from LJMU which I'm stoked about ... But they've still to officially accept it through ucas ... I'm petrified they'll take they're offer back ... How long did it take for them to reply to you ?
    This is mostly everyones worry on this thread. Don't panic, I had 3 clearing choices on mine (separately of course). It took I believe a day for the first and then a few hours for the last two because it was getting later in the week therefore less busier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I have a post I wrote up months ago about my experience if this helps anyone

https://reflectionnights.wordpress.c...ow-can-i-help/

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do universities budge on their entry requirements at all during clearing? I only have 160 UCAS points but everywhere seems to want 180 for engineering courses

ReputationRep:
    This is mostly everyones worry on this thread. Don't panic, I had 3 clearing choices on mine (separately of course). It took I believe a day for the first and then a few hours for the last two because it was getting later in the week therefore less busier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Don't panic. If you've put them into your ucas as your clearing choice they should confirm it soon. As it's the first day of results, they'll be busy. If it isn't accepted by tomorrow on track, call/email them. In fact, drop their admissions an email now to remind them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright I've dropped them an email. Does the uni tend to get back quickly because they gave me a deadline of midnight to make them as my clearing choice? (I'm really worried and I don't want to lose the place).

ReputationRep:
    Alright I've dropped them an email. Does the uni tend to get back quickly because they gave me a deadline of midnight to make them as my clearing choice? (I'm really worried and I don't want to lose the place).
    If they've given you a deadline that's just for you to make them the choice. You already did that hours ago so from there they can take as long as they want - but you've made them your choice so don't worry they can't say you missed a deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    A few reasons.. I decided that I had more opportunities with volunteering and general 'getting involved' where I am (Aberdeen), I didn't want to leave the Philosophy side of my course (at UEA I'd just be doing Psych alone), I'm already so close with some lecturers and I love how passionate they are. I do think Aberdeen is a highly depressing city and much preferred Norwich but I had to just think of the opportunities. That being said, I was so so impressed with UEA when I visited. All in all, a massively difficult decision to make which I didn't reach until July.
    Fair enough, that does make sense, and as long as you're mostly happy with the uni, course etc, then ultimately that's what you're there for!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HJ2)
    Do universities budge on their entry requirements at all during clearing? I only have 160 UCAS points but everywhere seems to want 180 for engineering courses
    That entirely depends. Keep calling and emailing every university you're interested in. Copy and paste the same email with your grades, course of interest and the fact that you're looking for a place this year. Just send send send and wait for tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Fair enough, that does make sense, and as long as you're mostly happy with the uni, course etc, then ultimately that's what you're there for!
    Definitely! I'll always want my firm so much but I can't keep dwelling haha. Thank you so much for your help with uea and everything. Appreciate it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    Definitely! I'll always want my firm so much but I can't keep dwelling haha. Thank you so much for your help with uea and everything. Appreciate it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    May I have some help? I'm in the same situation; I have received an offer on the phone through clearing and they said they would email me the offer but they still havent emailed me. Do i have to add the clearing offer through track? I'm worried that ill lose the place

ReputationRep:
    Hey
    how do I confirm a clearing place? do I just add the course to my ucas track and wait or is there more to it?

ReputationRep:
    If they've given you a deadline that's just for you to make them the choice. You already did that hours ago so from there they can take as long as they want - but you've made them your choice so don't worry they can't say you missed a deadline.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Alright, thank you for your help and reassurance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by violetvictorious)
    May I have some help? I'm in the same situation; I have received an offer on the phone through clearing and they said they would email me the offer but they still havent emailed me. Do i have to add the clearing offer through track? I'm worried that ill lose the place
    Add it through track right now. Don't worry about not having received an email. As long as you've got the okay from the phone, add it onto track

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sciencegirl122)
    Hey
    how do I confirm a clearing place? do I just add the course to my ucas track and wait or is there more to it?
    That's all. You wait for the university to confirm it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wonkylou)
    Hey,

Was finding on campus accommodation hard since you applied to the uni so late compared to the other people who had it locked in earlier in the year?

thanks
    I thought it would be but it wasn't. I found private accommodation closer to the uni than the actual university halls. However I know this isn't the case with a lot of universities so it depends. A lot of people go through adjustment or miss out on their offer so perhaps a few accommodation spots would be available

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.