Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Need help taking legal action over Plymouth University please. Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Captivated)
    I thought medicine couldn't be in clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To be fair medicine was in clearing this year at one point but I doubt the story us true

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieAlicexxx)
    To be fair medicine was in clearing this year at one point but I doubt the story us true

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Really? That's so surprising! I'd hope it's people who actually applied in the first place because how on earth would you judge a potential doctor over a 2 minute clearing phone call?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really? That's so surprising! I'd hope it's people who actually applied in the first place because how on earth would you judge a potential doctor over a 2 minute clearing phone call?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, I believe it was St George's. I think that's what they generally do- relook over previous applicants they rejected and offer them a place if they got the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You have no proof any offer was made thus you can do nothing but stop being an ass about it. Do you seriously think sueing them is going to make one iota of difference bar really pissing them off and potentially screwing some poor student who was manning the phone line to make a bit of beer money? Pull your finger out and move on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KatieAlicexxx)
    Yeah, I believe it was St George's. I think that's what they generally do- relook over previous applicants they rejected and offer them a place if they got the grades

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by returnmigrant)
    This is unfortunate, but you have no basis for any legal action. You had no binding contract with the University and nothing more than a verbal agreement which you cannot even prove occurred.

Forget it and move on.
    Why was there no contract?
    Cant contracts be verbal agreements?

ReputationRep:
    I thought medicine couldn't be in clearing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This was about 3 years ago but I suppose any course that's not full up or if people fail to make the conditional offer grades then there are spaces that need to be filled. Maybe different uni have different policies.

Certainly at present its possible to enter medical school via clearing.

http://www.gapmedics.co.uk/blog/2015...ough-clearing/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.