Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What is the most horrific thing to happen to you in your life? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    x.
    My Dad was a monster and a nightmare to grow up with when I was a child I have no doubt that that, as well as other factors, have had an impact on my mental health. But people don't care...they'll say and do what they please to their own family and sometimes......they push them too far.

ReputationRep:
    Learning to drive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Seeing my parent suffer and pass away.
    I'm sorry

ReputationRep:
    Burnt my hand once, so badly it turned black but thankfully it was only a 2nd degree burn so as soon as the top layer of skin came off my hand healed. the pain however was truly horrific
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I lost the ability to walk in Year 7, and went through hell with the NHS (including almost having to take them to court) because it's such a rare and complex condition, they decided it was better to pretend I was 'making it up' even though I was in agony for four years. It didn't really start recovering until Year 11, and I missed most of my secondary school career. When I was at secondary school, I got bullied very badly as well, so it was just an awful time really.

ReputationRep:
    This thread doesn't allow anonymous posts so I'm not gonna say.

ReputationRep:
    It would be a long list.

Recently I had a kebab delivered covered in burger sauce instead of chilli

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    This thread doesn't allow anonymous posts so I'm not gonna say.
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The worst thing that's happened to me is when I got sexually assaulted by a family friend when I was eleven. I also almost lost my closest friend to anorexia and I was bullied constantly at secondary school. All this means I now suffer from depression and anxiety but things have really been looking up recently. To everyone out there: never give up hope, you're stronger than you think 💖💖

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    One of my worst nightmares - and there were many, I was brought up In an orphanage in the 50's and 60's. you just couldn't do anything right for these nuns. I played a wrong note on the violin and she chased me up the corridor, grabbed my hand and slammed it in the hinge of the door. Top of my finger was hanging off. Got locked in the chapel crypt for three days with the dead nuns.I was so traumatised, I didn't speak for six months. I was 8,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    Why?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The horrific thing that's happened to me is really personal and people might recognize me on this so I don't want to say so publically.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Seamus123)
    One of my worst nightmares - and there were many, I was brought up In an orphanage in the 50's and 60's. you just couldn't do anything right for these nuns. I played a wrong note on the violin and she chased me up the corridor, grabbed my hand and slammed it in the hinge of the door. Top of my finger was hanging off. Got locked in the chapel crypt for three days with the dead nuns.I was so traumatised, I didn't speak for six months. I was 8,
    Ireland. 1950's and 60's . Am I right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    The horrific thing that's happened to me is really personal and people might recognize me on this so I don't want to say so publically.
    Hello. If you want to disclose something , can you not make a new username temporarily? Or ask someone in Admin ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markova21)
    Ireland. 1950's and 60's . Am I right?
    Scotland, but the Order of Nuns had homes both in Ireland, Scotland, all over the world in fact, but originated in Ireland. Operated the Magdalen Laundries and Nazareth Houses.

ReputationRep:
    Bullying about my appearance and my weight in high school that led to a 4 year struggle with anorexia, along with depression and anxiety developing around that time. Had to battle through it all to sit my GCSEs and AS+A2.

ReputationRep:
    Oesophageal bolus. I still suffer from episodes of post-traumatic stress linked to the original incident, which was quite as indescribably morbid a terror as I have ever experienced.

In summary: remember to chew your steak, kids.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a few things in mind.

I was bullied from nursery (the other kids used to pull chairs out from under me and stuff like that) up until the start of 6th form when I moved to a new school. The depression, paranoia and generalised anxiety disorder I developed as a result of those times were devastating but thankfully since leaving that awful school and nursery it's mostly all gone.

Another candidate would be watching my best friend go insane. Being associated with me made her a target for the bullies as well, she'd been bullied in her last school as well and had expected it all to change when moving school, so when it didn't it broke her. She had bipolar disorder too, and it got really bad due to the bullying. She'd go from a naive idiot with no inhibitions whatsoever (like a small child) to a psychotic nutjob who was violent towards everybody and even attacked me a few times. These mood swings would happen every few days at it's worst.

Finally we have my best friend's attempted suicide. We were on holiday in Teneriffe together when she just snapped. The night before we were due to leave she attempted to jump off of the hotel room balcony. I managed to restrain her and drag her back indoors but got the tar beaten out of me in the process.

Thankfully my friend's much better now. She moved school at the same time I did and has made plenty of friends. But anyway, that's enough sulking for one day I think.

ReputationRep:
    Saw my crush with another man.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by davidguettafan)
    Mine is the bullying from hell I suffered every day for 5 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
    11 years

ReputationRep:
    Two things that come from the same place, one of them being myself drowning and a year or 2 later seeing a dead body being pulled out from the same river in which I nearly drowned. (even almost the exact same spot :lolwut: ) I guess I was lucky since I can't really swim properly :erm:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.