Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I did Maths at uni and my degree was a million times harder than A-level, I imagine it might be a little different for some other subjects though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow.panda)
    I did Maths at uni and my degree was a million times harder than A-level, I imagine it might be a little different for some other subjects though.
    Do you remember what UMS you got in Maths and what uni did you goto?
    Do you want to do a masters?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maths is Life)
    Do you remember what UMS you got in Maths and what uni did you goto?
    Do you want to do a masters?
    I can't remember exactly what I got but I know I was 6 UMS off an A which was pretty annoying. I'm not doing a Masters, the stress of the Bachelors really got to me and I just want a job now.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Tkkkkk16)
    So I've heard from many people that they found a levels much harder than uni work. As i havent experienced neither of them, i cant make a judgement..anyone who agrees?(im about to start sixth form)
    I got a masters degree aged 21 that was a 2:1 (1st 3 years of degree was first but tonnes of stuff happened in last year which lowered my grade) and I found that a lot easier than getting
    Spoiler:
    Show
    BCC in A levels with a U in AS psychology
    . heck, my professional registration exam, which I needed to score 70% just to pass was a lot more straightforward than A levels.

In hindsight, it could be because I was in a crap highschool
    Spoiler:
    Show
    38% 5A*-C / 11% 7A*-C way back then, and my 6th form had useless lecturers who didnt teach well / expected students to know how to reference coursework from highschool...I didnt learn it till my 3rd year at uni and relied solely on exam scores and for my 1st 2 years as I kept loosing 25% overall for improper referencing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow.panda)
    Can confirm this. A Level Maths is all kinds of easy compared to the real thing you do at uni.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tkkkkk16)
    haha i suppose it all depends on the degree then.
    The sheer volume is insane and the work is pretty damn hard, but work is just one aspect to uni and medschool.

There's so much more to do outside academia and I've certainly enjoyed my uni years considerably, far more than my a level years that's for sure!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.