x Turn on thread page Beta

Yout first ever video game watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Star Fox on Nintendo 65.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Disney's Aladdin in Nasira's Revenge on the PS1.
    It was in Dutch so the whole time my dad sat there translating it for me :emo:
    sik graphics
    Also the boss battle with Razoul was quite tough at the time.

ReputationRep:
    Halo 3
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I'd say snake on the phone, but I wouldn't count it.

Other than that, it's Halo 3.

ReputationRep:
    Pikmin for the gamecube. I remember my parents asking me if I wanted a PS2 or a Gamecube when I was younger and I said GC. Was a Nintendo kid from then on.

ReputationRep:
    This was my first ever video game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-JXM43NkIg

I never managed to beat it. Honestly, I don't think the average person is capable of beating it even if they play it for months straight. As you move on to higher levels, things just keep moving faster and faster. Monsters start flying around the screen at incredible speed, and if you die you lose all of the mods that even allow you to have a chance at beating the higher levels.

You also have to do something very difficult and specific if you want to play the last 3 stages (collect the coloured gems in the right order for every island), otherwise you just get a fake ending and cant play the last 3 islands..

ReputationRep:
    Scooby Doo and the Cyber Chase or Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 - PS1

ReputationRep:
    Super Mario Bros. on the black and white GameBoy
    Never got past the first level

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure exactly which one, but it's either Sonic The Hedgehog, Streets of Rage, Golden Axe or the greatest game of all time; Night Trap.

ReputationRep:
    Pokemon silver is the earliest that I can remember, perhaps I've forgotten the rest because they pale in comparison :P
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    x
    In dutch? So did you get the game abroad? another more interesting question is: how it comes that your father understands dutch?*

Boy, this graphics! it is umistakeable that PS1 was the first attempt in playstation's history to design games in 3D. *
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kallisto)
    In dutch? So did you get the game abroad? another more interesting question is: how it comes that your father understands dutch?*

Boy, this graphics! it is umistakeable that PS1 was the first attempt in playstation's history to design games in 3D. *
    Yeah I was born and used to live in Holland and most of the popular games were in Dutch. And because he's lived there most of his life.

Yes :lol: I remember at the time I thought it was amazing and impressive. But the PS1 was revolutionary.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    Yeah I was born and used to live in Holland and most of the popular games were in Dutch. And because he's lived there most of his life.

Yes :lol: I remember at the time I thought it was amazing and impressive. But the PS1 was revolutionary.

My, my! a dutch girl? I am bit surprised. Did your family emigrated to UK in the past? *
    No, the true revolution in making and playing 3D games was N64. Those ones had the same clunky graphics as well.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember well. It's either super mario or Contra.

ReputationRep:
    Mine was Spellforce
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Cooking Mama on the Nintendo DS

good times
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by DanRyder)
    Super Mario Bros. on the black and white GameBoy
    Never got past the first level
    I can remember me. Quite tough game to play through. Never did that, got it up to the third stage at the best.*

ReputationRep:
    james bond golden eye one nintendo 64

ReputationRep:
    First game I ever played was GTA: Vice City. My older cousin let me play it on his new PS2 when it came out in 2002, when I was 4. No wonder I'm so messed up.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by HistoryDave)
    First game I ever played was GTA: Vice City. My older cousin let me play it on his new PS2 when it came out in 2002, when I was 4. No wonder I'm so messed up.
    You oplayed your first game at the age of 4? that is very young. Could it be that you have cheated in this game in the following ages?*

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 11, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.