Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British woman stabbed to death by knifeman ‘chanting Allahu Akbar’ Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    Its obviously not the only thing they hope to achieve in the attack. It works as an amplifier, by making it hit the newspapers like wildfire, by making people like you around the world react to think that Islamic terrorism is out of control.

If you’re going to kill someone for these reasons, you’re going to want people to know it. Yelling such a phrase is the perfect trigger to start it up.
    And what reason could someone have for wanting to “amplify” the Islamist terror agenda (at the risk of their own liberty or life)?

Who, other that supporters of that agenda, would willfully do that? What possible motive is there? Obviously, there is always the remote chance that a highly deranged yet lucid individual would do it in order to raise the media profile of their own crime, but there has not been such an occasion yet. (Islamism has such a bad press outside of Islamist circles that it would be like a murderer claiming to also be a pedophile when they are not. Just ain't gonna happen IMHO)As the old saying goes...”If it looks like a duck...etc”

Note: I am not commenting on this particulat event due to lack of information.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    If you hate the West so much, why don't you move? Preferably move somewhere with no wifi (I suggest Mongolia) because then at least me and a couple of other people on here wouldn't have to put up with your childish arguments.
    don't get your hopes up...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsLi...fp8732693.html

ReputationRep:
    Terrible news.

Do people think that by vilifying muslims these attacks will become less, or more frequent? Just curious.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    don't get your hopes up...

https://www.tripadvisor.com/HotelsLi...fp8732693.html
    I was referring to the Mongolian countryside smh.

Or North Korea.

ReputationRep:
    R.I.P to Ms Ayliffe-Chung. She's from a town quite close to where I grew up & my thoughts are with her family/friends.
    R.I.P to the dog the perpetrator also killed & I hope the others injured in the attack make a full recovery.

I wouldn't be surprised if this individual is a bit of a nutter but I don't think that necessarily lets Islam off the hook - it seems as though certain forms of Islam seem to be rather attractive to the mentally insane.

ReputationRep:
    I should've been more specific which was a mistake on my part. Find me a non Muslim terrorist of another religion who has caused as much damage as Muslim terrorists.

And as for the evidence you gave about the hate crimes, it's a minority of a massive population which makes up the UK, And we have laws and penalties that deal with hate crime and racial abuse. The majority of the UK is pretty tolerant if you haven't noticed otherwise it wouldn't be illegal to deny someone a job or something like healthcare just based on race. So don't go talking about how Westerners alienate foreigners. If you hate the West so much, why don't you move? Preferably move somewhere with no wifi (I suggest Mongolia) because then at least me and a couple of other people on here wouldn't have to put up with your childish arguments.

Really, you're talking about a CIA report that was made upto 11 years ago? This was long before the rise of ISIS was it not?

I had to log off TSR for a second dear no need to cry over it. Your desperation is killing me sweetie keep going. No idea why you need to talk about my academic life when it's really nothing to do with this thread! Yes, I dislike Islam as an ideology because I don't agree with the way it treats women, gay people or people who choose to leave the religion. As for my hatred for immigrants, since when is being against uncontrolled and unchecked immigration something xenophobic? You really need to read up on things my darling before you jump and point fingers.
    You're going to need to be very specific, "as much damage as Muslim terrorists" could range from 2996 people being killed, to stabbing one person in the street. But Anders Breivik killed more people than the average Islamic terror attack kills. But there's no need for that anyway, because no other religions have ever been situated in a country or region with civil war and/or failed western foreign policy. There are reasons as to why Islamic extremism occurs and not others to nearly the same level, its because Islam is the only religion which has been at the centre of brutal regimes and conflict zones. I am completely sure that we would see Christian extremism if Christianity were majorly situated in Afghanistan, and had suffered the same failed foreign policy attempts and been under the same brutal regimes and been in equally deprived desert regions.

Islamic extremism is prevalent because of the situation in the Middle East. We have terrorist groups which are thriving because of the chaos of this 5-way proxy war. Almost all terrorist groups which are Islamic have specific political goals. ISIS want to establish a caliphate of Muslims, Boko Haram want to destabilise the countries it is in, al-Shabab wants Somalia to become a fundamentalist Islamic state, and the list goes on.

Terrorism arises from political unrest. You have to understand the reason as to why a terrorist group does extremism which derives arguably from the Quran.

These terrorists justify achieving their political aims through parts of the Quran. They do not have a fundamental desire to save Islam or help it in the first place, their need to 'behead non-believers', kill gays, amputate criminals, etc.. it all suits their political aims, for which they use the Quran to justify their actions. These people don't wake up and suddenly want to help Islam, they are radicalised over time by a number of factors. If your country becomes a warzone, and you lose family - you become radicalised very easily. The same can apply for being religiously or racially discriminated - which is what people like you are doing to them. They never have a heart-filled desire to help Islam, they simply want to justify their hateful feelings, and sadly, groups like ISIS provide a legitimate voice for Muslims who have these hateful feelings.

And you can pretend to be criticising the religion, but what so many people do nowadays is think that the right to criticise gives you the right to hate and discriminate - which is a part of the problem.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't Islamic terrorism.
    we still have very little information on the crime, the culprit and his motivations

why are you jumping to conclusions ? is this part of your Islamoapologetic agenda ?

best

ReputationRep:
    And is the solution to go around persecuting innocent Muslims who have the decency to ditch Islam's barbarism?
    But they haven't ditched it, because they still insist that the Quran is infallible and immutable.

And don't bring up the tired old "but 1.6 billion Muslims don't behead disbelievers", because the Quran doesn't command all Muslims to do that. It just permits killing those who refuse to submit to Islam (amonst other things), and many Muslims claim that this only applies in the context of an Islamic state in conflict, under orders from its rulers (which is exactly what ISIS and its followers are doing).

Have you been on ISOC yet and asked them if the Quran if infallible and immutable yet? I predict over 90% will say yes.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Vividly clear)
    A BRITISH woman has been stabbed to death by a French man who was allegedly chanting “Allahu Akbar” during the attack.

The victim has been named locally as Mia Ayliffe-chung.Mia, 21, had been travelling around Australia, and had previously studied childcare at Buxton College and psychology at Chesterfield College in the UK.

Friends have begun to pay tribute to the woman described as "truly beautiful".

Kyle Godwin wrote: "Today the world has lost one of the most beautiful young women to ever walk this planet. "Today I lost a best friend.

A girl like no other, one of the happiest, full of energy, delightful, energetic and hilarious girl I've come across. "Even though I've only known you for a short amount of time it feels like we have been best friends for years, we just seemingly clicked and were like two peas in a pod. "I will miss you forever Mia.
    The only good news to come from this is that heaven has truly gained a beautiful soul."

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/703...-stabbed-death

I don't know about you, but I've personally had enough of Islamic terrorism, Muslims need to start getting out in full force to either speak out against this or actually read their scriptures and realise why the have been over 30,000 DIFFERENT Islamic terrorist acts since 9/11
    Lol, did you really have to capitalise British?

ReputationRep:
    If you read the entire thread, you'd realise that I think people give Islam a bad name to amplify the impact of their hateful actions - and it is not the sole motive. Just as how I think Islam isn't the sole cause in Islamic terrorism.
    So people claim Islamist justification in order to amplify the Islamist nature of their actions?
    I think we may actually agree here.

ReputationRep:
    You're going to need to be very specific, "as much damage as Muslim terrorists" could range from 2996 people being killed, to stabbing one person in the street. But Anders Breivik killed more people than the average Islamic terror attack kills. But there's no need for that anyway, because no other religions have ever been situated in a country or region with civil war and/or failed western foreign policy. There are reasons as to why Islamic extremism occurs and not others to nearly the same level, its because Islam is the only religion which has been at the centre of brutal regimes and conflict zones. I am completely sure that we would see Christian extremism if Christianity were majorly situated in Afghanistan, and had suffered the same failed foreign policy attempts and been under the same brutal regimes and been in equally deprived desert regions.

Islamic extremism is prevalent because of the situation in the Middle East. We have terrorist groups which are thriving because of the chaos of this 5-way proxy war. Almost all terrorist groups which are Islamic have specific political goals. ISIS want to establish a caliphate of Muslims, Boko Haram want to destabilise the countries it is in, al-Shabab wants Somalia to become a fundamentalist Islamic state, and the list goes on.

Terrorism arises from political unrest. You have to understand the reason as to why a terrorist group does extremism which derives arguably from the Quran.

These terrorists justify achieving their political aims through parts of the Quran. They do not have a fundamental desire to save Islam or help it in the first place, their need to 'behead non-believers', kill gays, amputate criminals, etc.. it all suits their political aims, for which they use the Quran to justify their actions. These people don't wake up and suddenly want to help Islam, they are radicalised over time by a number of factors. If your country becomes a warzone, and you lose family - you become radicalised very easily. The same can apply for being religiously or racially discriminated - which is what people like you are doing to them. They never have a heart-filled desire to help Islam, they simply want to justify their hateful feelings, and sadly, groups like ISIS provide a legitimate voice for Muslims who have these hateful feelings.

And you can pretend to be criticising the religion, but what so many people do nowadays is think that the right to criticise gives you the right to hate and discriminate - which is a part of the problem.
    If they feel the need to justify their "political" aims through the Quran then they are bringing religion into it. Glad we established that because a few pages ago you were saying the opposite.
    Wait a minute sweetie, isn't that part of Sharia Law though? And isn't that a part of religion.

I'm sorry but no that's total BS. Where's your evidence to show that losing family leads you to become radicalised very easily? Genuine question, why should non believers like me help an ideology that openly says non Muslims go to hell?

I hate to break it to you but criticising things is a sign you can think for yourself. And since you blindly say the same thing over and over again, it speaks volumes of how you think.

ReputationRep:
    I was referring to the Mongolian countryside smh.

Or North Korea.
    no luck, I am afraid

foreigners do have access to wifi in North Korea http://www.extremetech.com/mobile/19...-citizens-dont

so, unless our friend would obtain North Korean citizenship, he/she would have wifi access

let us simply resign ourselves to his/her posts

best

ReputationRep:
    And I'm bitter about our culture of alienating foreigners as the source of our problems, when our own people cause the exact same problems at a much greater rate.
    What is "our culture"?
    Who are "our people"?
    Why are you allowed to generalise the whole from the behaviour of individuals when you attack others for doing the same?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    we still have very little information on the crime, the culprit and his motivations

why are you jumping to conclusions ? is this part of your Islamoapologetic agenda ?

best
    the fact that stabbing one person isn't terrorism

if it is, then white/black British citizens probably contribute to 99.99% of terrorism in our country

ReputationRep:
    Before you make naive comments I suggest you read the Quran because it openly calls for the murder of non believers.
    Source please? Chapter and verse? As well as the name of the translator (I assume you're not reading it in the original Arabic). I'm sick and tired of people repeating the same bull over and over again without any evidence. Oh, and before you reply to this with the first thing that comes up in a Google search, I can already predict which verse you're going to pick and I've already got my 'out of context' answer ready.

ReputationRep:
    This isn't Islamic terrorism. Yelling "allahu ackbar" is a device used by these sorts of disturbed individuals specifically to trigger people like you into thinking its an organised terror attack, when in fact its just one person stabbing someone - something anyone can do.

Not forgetting "We don't have any motive at this stage," said Detective Superintendent Ray Rohweder on Twitter.
    Yea, I am sure a "disturbed" individual has exactly in mind to trigger people.

Much more likely than a "disturbed" person actually believing in what is written in a book by his God. Because you know, we have never heard "the voices told me to" before. But we hear all the time "I was just trying to trigger people".

Not forgetting that anyone in public service would want to say anything bad about Islam lest you and your kind would slander him as an Islamophobe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    "But 1.6 billion Muslims don't murder infidels so it's ok".
    Oooooooh buuuuuurn

Posted before him as well.
    Yes, the Quran does say some disturbing things. Are the 1.6 billion Muslims who don't strike off the heads of non-believers on sight not true Muslims?And its stupid to blame religion alone for this, just as people have been again and again and again, its strange that your wise criticisms haven't prevented any of these attacks. Maybe finding the source of why a man like this may become predisposed to violence, and working with the problem at its cause, could actually prevent them.
    The cause is Islam. But we aren't allowed to start tackling this problem because "muh Islamophobe".

ReputationRep:
    No, I just lack the energy to argue with probably the biggest hypocrite I've ever seen online.

You complain about me not 'backing my argument' when you don't even do this yourself.
    You complain about me recycling arguments, when you have been using the same arguments for months.
    You complain about me changing the topic, when you have literally just done this.

Surely you can see my problem here?
    Well that would be you.

But now you are lying. You have blocked me and others for being "hypocrites" and "trolls" and yet the biggest one you haven't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Oooooooh buuuuuurn

Posted before him as well.
    I knew he would post that just after me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    Well that would be you.

But now you are lying. You have blocked me and others for being "hypocrites" and "trolls" and yet the biggest one you haven't?
    He secretly loves me. I'm just too dazzling

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 30, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.