Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbsy91)
    Yeh haha! I've only had one visitor since coming here, which was my mum and my brother, and that's been fine - it's not too bad for me to get home, only about 5 hours door to door, but I just don't do that too often

I do Business Finance and Economics - so majority is Economics. I find the Economics part of my course much better than part of the Business side, so in terms of that, you're in safe hands if you do come here! It's a really great course, the lecturers (especially Fabio, if you came to appl. day, you might have done Happiness Economics with him?) is really great and fun and interactive!

Yeh, if you book in advance it's not too bad, but I've had to get into london before 10am a couple of times, and that means an early start!!!

Erm, not so much quiet, I mean, LCR at least twice a week, student nights in city as well... the social life is actually really big here. I more mean that like right now, I'm in my room, and it's very quiet around me... Probably not very unusual, but I wouldn't mind a bit more activity to remind me I'm not all alone... I think that does also depend on who you are though... for me, I generally stay in my room during the day if not in lectures, so don't see that many people... obviously the SU is much busier, the library much busier... On weekends I do get quite bored though - perhaps depending on who you're friends with, it wouldn't be so boring, so that might be an experience which applies more to me than the general mass of students!

I'm in Britten House, so ensuite - really like the ensuite, would definitely recommend it if you can get it

Do please ask any other questions if you have them, you're pretty much saving me from revision for exams right now, so it's cool
    Hahaha it's roughly the same for me but I can't see my parents making that journey. My brother went to a uni about an hr away and my parents visited a lot, apparently his room mates loved them because they would literally clean everything spotless and bring pizza for everyone. Yeah I spoke to him for quite a while actually, he was really nice I liked the idea of doing smaller class sizes as well as large ones to make sure you get more attention and learn better. That's the worst, the applicant day was at 10am and I really wasn't feeling getting an early train (was convinced I was gunna get lost on the underground) So I just went up the night before, I was watching the walking dead on the train and this woman was giving me the dirtiest looks you could imagine! Ahh right gotcha, it makes sense for it to be quiet right now though? right next to exams in all. I was wandering, do you get any sort of past paper material to revise off at uni for your exams.. or do you almost go in blind? And where I work, they said they'd transfer me to wherever I go, so that would be on the weekend, and I wanna keep playing football, do you know if they play on the weekend or Wednesdays? I was so sure I was going to get an ensuite but when I visited I really liked the ziggurats and everyone told me you never have to wait for the toilets and it's not messy, not entirely sure if that's true though. Same, doing the odd core 4 question,getting stuck and giving up Thanks for your help btw!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Sirelis)
    Hahaha it's roughly the same for me but I can't see my parents making that journey. My brother went to a uni about an hr away and my parents visited a lot, apparently his room mates loved them because they would literally clean everything spotless and bring pizza for everyone. Yeah I spoke to him for quite a while actually, he was really nice I liked the idea of doing smaller class sizes as well as large ones to make sure you get more attention and learn better. That's the worst, the applicant day was at 10am and I really wasn't feeling getting an early train (was convinced I was gunna get lost on the underground) So I just went up the night before, I was watching the walking dead on the train and this woman was giving me the dirtiest looks you could imagine! Ahh right gotcha, it makes sense for it to be quiet right now though? right next to exams in all. I was wandering, do you get any sort of past paper material to revise off at uni for your exams.. or do you almost go in blind? And where I work, they said they'd transfer me to wherever I go, so that would be on the weekend, and I wanna keep playing football, do you know if they play on the weekend or Wednesdays? I was so sure I was going to get an ensuite but when I visited I really liked the ziggurats and everyone told me you never have to wait for the toilets and it's not messy, not entirely sure if that's true though. Same, doing the odd core 4 question,getting stuck and giving up Thanks for your help btw!
    Haha, fair enough, but yeh, I didn't actually let them into my flat for more than about 5 mins... :rofl: Much easier that way!!!

Ahh awesome, but yeh, he's one of my favourite lecturers definitely! But yeh, the mix of lectures, seminars, workshops is definitely good! Yeh, when I did my appl. day I came up night before as it was much easier... Hahaha, shouldn't be watching that kinda stuff on the train

Yeh, I suppose so! Would be nice for a little more noise though!!! haha, it is summer after all - although horrible day today!

Yeh, you do get some past papers which DoS release. Some lecturers give out extra questions, and then the seminar work is also very good to work from, as they're sometimes exam style questions...

Erm, I think it's a mix of weekend and weekdays for football - usually BUCS matches are Wednesday I think, but some matches and training at weekend too.

Haha, depends who you're with honestly... I've had mixed comments, and from experience, after a big night, having your own bathroom you know is relatively clean is bliss, as well as if you have bad food or something...

Ahh good ol'd Core 4... don't miss that at all

No worries

ReputationRep:
    Haha, fair enough, but yeh, I didn't actually let them into my flat for more than about 5 mins... :rofl: Much easier that way!!!

Ahh awesome, but yeh, he's one of my favourite lecturers definitely! But yeh, the mix of lectures, seminars, workshops is definitely good! Yeh, when I did my appl. day I came up night before as it was much easier... Hahaha, shouldn't be watching that kinda stuff on the train

Yeh, I suppose so! Would be nice for a little more noise though!!! haha, it is summer after all - although horrible day today!

Yeh, you do get some past papers which DoS release. Some lecturers give out extra questions, and then the seminar work is also very good to work from, as they're sometimes exam style questions...

Erm, I think it's a mix of weekend and weekdays for football - usually BUCS matches are Wednesday I think, but some matches and training at weekend too.

Haha, depends who you're with honestly... I've had mixed comments, and from experience, after a big night, having your own bathroom you know is relatively clean is bliss, as well as if you have bad food or something...

Ahh good ol'd Core 4... don't miss that at all

No worries
    Owch, 5hr journey to see 5 mins of your accommodation :P
    Yeah the students at the applicant day seemed really fond of the lecturers, saying they went clubbing with them etc seems a bit bizarre but can definitely see the funny side to it haha.
    She shouldn't of been looking!! and it's so good.
    True, although it's really nice weather over here
    ahh that's not too bad then, how do you find the coursework? I've always been scared of presentations, are they done in front of everyone?
    Ohhhh crap I don't wanna give up my job, could definitely do with the money.
    That's definitely true, knowing my luck I'll end up with the worse room mates possible, my mate was telling me to get an ensuite because his toilets are always clogged with sick

Yep but it'll all be over in 2 months

ReputationRep:
    I have firmed UEA for Speech & Language Therapy and stuck between applying for en suite village or the zigs, I would only go for zigs as they sound good and are a cheaper price however, would much prefer my own bathroom! I think the block I will mostly be studying in is near the hospital therefore, not right on the campus, does anyone know how far it is to work from the university village to the health sciences area? Which of the two accommodation options would you recommend?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by emilyrosew)
    I have firmed UEA for Speech & Language Therapy and stuck between applying for en suite village or the zigs, I would only go for zigs as they sound good and are a cheaper price however, would much prefer my own bathroom! I think the block I will mostly be studying in is near the hospital therefore, not right on the campus, does anyone know how far it is to work from the university village to the health sciences area? Which of the two accommodation options would you recommend?
    I would say the distance to the Hospital between the two blocks are about the same at face value. There may be some short cuts we don't know about, but they appear pretty similar. It really comes down to your own taste about what you want in your first year. Whether you want the very cheapest option, or your own en-suite. You tend to get a slightly bigger bed in the Village, and you share a block with fewer people.

Anne-Sophie's blog on the Village accommodation might be helpful to get a feel for it. https://annesophieatuea.wordpress.co...dation-at-uea/

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I've firmed for a PGCE and applied for accommodation, I think (or the way I understand it) that I'm not guaranteed accommodation. How long will it be from after I've submitted the application to when I'll be informed whether I'll be offered accommodation or not? I know the deadline for applications is July 31st but does that mean that I'll have to wait until then? I'd much rather know sooner than later as I'll have more time to sort out alternative accommodation If I'm not offered a room. Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RainbowStorms)
    Hey, I've firmed for a PGCE and applied for accommodation, I think (or the way I understand it) that I'm not guaranteed accommodation. How long will it be from after I've submitted the application to when I'll be informed whether I'll be offered accommodation or not? I know the deadline for applications is July 31st but does that mean that I'll have to wait until then? I'd much rather know sooner than later as I'll have more time to sort out alternative accommodation If I'm not offered a room. Thanks
    This is the accommodation key dates/timeline which should help with what you're looking for

ReputationRep:
    This is the accommodation key dates/timeline which should help with what you're looking for
    Hey Thanks for the timeline that helped with my original but has now left me with another question...the postgraduate move in date is September 22nd, my course start date (at the moment) is September 5th, is this taken into consideration? Again thanks for the timetable!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by RainbowStorms)
    Hey Thanks for the timeline that helped with my original but has now left me with another question...the postgraduate move in date is September 22nd, my course start date (at the moment) is September 5th, is this taken into consideration? Again thanks for the timetable!
    I don't know the answer to that question, sorry! Ill tag in UEA's official rep, University of East Anglia but otherwise I'd recommend emailing [email protected] (which may be what the UEA rep suggests too!).

ReputationRep:
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone If anyone wants to know what the UEA ensuite campus accommodation is like I've done a room tour, hope its useful https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1YKUBgmgOE

ReputationRep:
    Is there under the bed storage for the ensuite village accommodation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hollygc123)
    Is there under the bed storage for the ensuite village accommodation?
    Yep, you have to loft the entire bed up on a spring mechanism though so it's best for long term storage rather than day to day things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I received an accommodation offer for the University/Student Village today and will almost definitely be accepting as it is my first choice. Just wondered who else had received an offer and is thinking of moving in there too this September

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. Hickling offer today - anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm in Britten house in BH12C, does this mean flat 12 and if so what floor is that does anyone know??

ReputationRep:
    I'm Norfolk Terrace Block E - NTE0502.
    Anyone else?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Benjaminjames854)
    Hi, I'm in Britten house in BH12C, does this mean flat 12 and if so what floor is that does anyone know??
    Hi! Yes it's flat 12! Opposite my old flat its first floor (one up from the bottom!).
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Captivated)
    Hey guys. Hickling offer today - anyone else?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ahh nice!! I'm jealous of anyone in the new blocks as they've got proper ovens and look v nice!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjaminjames854)
    You're in my old flat and room!!! It's on the first floor, so only one set of stairs to go up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.