Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The germans finally got some common sense

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1010marina)
    You should care, because millions of lives were lost. People were treated like cattle: worked to death and sent to the slaughter house.

Regardless of whatever conspiracy you've been duped into believing, you can surely understand that amongst the millions killed in WW2, there were innocent people. Children, babies, mothers, fathers. Tortured, murdered, raped, abused.

Shall we kill all Muslims because of Isis? All the Irish because of the IRA? The Basque because of ETA? You know what, a ginger was rude me yesterday - should we kill all the gingers?

If you support genocide, you are utter scum.
    this

very well said

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    Doesn't warrant the implementation of it. Even if 95% of the population wanted it.
    all this sudden burka/burkini-wearing craze is not innocent at all . It is an act of defiance, and a challenge.

How should we react ? in my view, on a case by case basis. Not all challenges are the same, and should elicit the same response

However, it should be clear to all that we will of course defend our kuffar traditions from the onslaught of the non-kuffar

truly, we kuffar are the best of peoples, raised for humanity, enjoining what is good and forbidding evil

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    A worrying new poll has indicated that over 80% of Nazis Germans
    Really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    So how many burqa wearing women have you interviewed?
    I would probably wear all that **** too if I had been brainwashed since being a small girl.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dima-Blackburn)
    What you deem a symbol of oppression may be perceived as the norm of modesty. It's just a difference of perception. Not all are forced to wear them; my friend's grandmother wore a niqab. Didn't want to take it off even though every woman in the family younger then her didn't wear it, or a hijab. She wanted to, and was extremely uncomfortable without one. It was her choice, no one asked her to wear it, despite people including my friend's grandfather, and her other sons asking her to take it off.

Similarly, a friend of my mum who grew up not wearing a hijab, moved to Canada, became more religious, and over the course of several years, started wearing a niqab, despite her husband's vehement (and continuing) protests. These are anecdotal obviously, and I am highly against anyone forced to wear it like the women in Afghanistan during the Taliban era, but don't assume that every woman who wears it hasn't done so by her own desire to do so.

Flying-carpet fallacy; whataboutism. I don't recall "Islamic states" claiming to be models of freedom and equality.

What does a burqa ban achieve? Alienates more Muslims? Limits freedom of movement of Muslim women? Gives terrorist organisations another reason to target us? Appeases the not-so-tolerant members of our society?
    Thanks for proving the point. She has been so brain****ed that she feels terrified when she is not hiding herself from others.

If this happened in anything other than a "religion", there would be outrage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevelstresss)
    Doesn't warrant the implementation of it. Even if 95% of the population wanted it.
    Why not? Only 52% of the British population wanted Brexit and yet it's still happening.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    Most likely more than you since I have many Muslim friends who fully cover out of choice, even when their own mothers do not.

Lol so obeying your husband is seen as a bad thing? Oh dear, no wonder this country has so many failed marriages.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Must be nice to be a Muslim and have a good little Muslim girl for a wife. Maybe I should convert.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawyer3c)
    This. I think the greatest test of our democracies over the next few decades will be how we handle a majority of people advocating for things that run contrary to our idea of liberalism.
    "Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."

People like you are the reason the term "regressive left" exists and why the right and alt-right are become all the more popular.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pinkberry_y)
    German's have a colourful history of racism in their country in the run up to certain world wars, not surprised by this.
    And they are the only country to do that? At least they didn't enslave more than half of the known world at one point.

ReputationRep:
    Have wifi at a bar and making the most of it to comment on this thread to say I absolutely support the banning of the niqab :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inhuman)
    "Unlimited tolerance must lead to the disappearance of tolerance. If we extend unlimited tolerance even to those who are intolerant, if we are not prepared to defend a tolerant society against the onslaught of the intolerant, then the tolerant will be destroyed, and tolerance with them."

People like you are the reason the term "regressive left" exists and why the right and alt-right are become all the more popular.
    I don't see how allowing Muslim women to wear what they want conflicts with building a tolerant society. It's not as if we are talking about implementing Shariah Law though many on the right like to say we are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BasicMistake)
    I don't see how allowing Muslim women to wear what they want conflicts with building a tolerant society. It's not as if we are talking about implementing Shariah Law though many on the right like to say we are.
    Islam is an intolerant society. It is perfectly fine to not tolerate aspects of it, such as its misogyny represented by the burqa.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    Disgusting. The Germans are so racist it's unreal.
    Banning out religious clothing is NOT racist because you choose to believe and practice a religion; you're not born religious.

ReputationRep:
    I live in Germany, despise Islam, but disagree with this ban,

"Mutti" is panacking because the public realise that the 1.5m muslim chaps she invited have no intention of integrating and would rather rape infidel women and claim benefits. The ban is a token jesture that addresses the effects and not the actual problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Achaea)
    You can have *four* good obedient little Muslim girls for wives, plus as many sex slaves as you like, plus untold zillions of virgin sex robots thoughtfully provided by Allah when you reach Jannah. Go for it! Islam was designed for Muslim men to get as much sex as possible
    **** me that sounds awesome! Where do I sign up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

"Mutti" is panacking because the public realise that the 1.5m muslim chaps she invited have no intention of integrating and would rather rape infidel women and claim benefits. The ban is a token jesture that addresses the effects and not the actual problem.
    Since when you live there and what you doing? I remember your username from my old account. And judging by your username we should swap places to live

ReputationRep:
    Lol at people calling this racist. A Muslim is a practitioner of Islam who can be of any race. I can understand why people are upset, but I wouldn't be too against a ban of it in this country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

What else can she do now? Sending back these 1 million healthy young males?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    http://www.singleparents.org.uk/info...tion-in-the-uk

^^That link is 5 main reasons as to why people divorce in the UK. Not "obeying" your husband doesn't come up on there sadly enough. Note how one of the reasons is "lack of equality" as well.

So stop complaining about how bad it is here. If you want to be a submissive housewife, then run off to a Muslim country.

It's just pitiful you'd choose to blindly follow a man and view women as something like dogs who have to obey their masters.
    Lol 'run off to a Muslim country' that's your response for everything. Try being more original next time.

I don't want your pity thanks, save it for yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.