Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

My life is ruined isn't it? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I left school at 15/16 with no GCSE's and I haven't done too badly for myself
    We get it, you're on the TSR support team

Thank you everyone for your advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kryptonian)
    I can't do A levels, can't go to Uni, failed GCSEs only passed 3.

Now what am I supposed to do? I have no idea what to do next...
    Please advise what's best to do now I'm so sad and confused
    A levels isn't the only way to get to uni. You can do a level 3 BTEC. If you don't have GCSE maths and English grade C and above then you'll have to do a lot level 2 BTEC first. Go to the college you want to study at. They are enrolling now. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by samzy21)
    A levels isn't the only way to get to uni. You can do a level 3 BTEC. If you don't have GCSE maths and English grade C and above then you'll have to do a lot level 2 BTEC first. Go to the college you want to study at. They are enrolling now. Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I have GCSE maths (B), GCSE chemistry (B) and GCSE physics (C). In English Language I was only one UMS from a C and emailed my school to ask if it was possible to get a remark. I will be going to another sixth form soon and do you think I can manage to persuade them to allow me to take the A levels with these GCSEs? I know that I'm capable and these results don't reflect my ability. I even did so much better in my mock exams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kryptonian)
    I have GCSE maths (B), GCSE chemistry (B) and GCSE physics (C). In English Language I was only one UMS from a C and emailed my school to ask if it was possible to get a remark. I will be going to another sixth form soon and do you think I can manage to persuade them to allow me to take the A levels with these GCSEs? I know that I'm capable and these results don't reflect my ability. I even did so much better in my mock exams.
    They should give you a place with those grades but they might ask you to do an assessment in English and Maths first. If they do then, you'll have to pass the assessment to get a place. If you don't get onto A levels, don't worry there are other level 3 courses you can do to get into university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SpiritSharD)
    Some of the most famous, talented people in the world did poorly in their GCSE's and didn't go to uni.

Your life is not ruined.
    False hope.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.