Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngelaisAwesome)
    I'm really disappointed
    I got 6 A stars
    and 5 As
    but all my peers at school got 9 or more A stars
    it's a selective grammar called The Henrietta Barnett School

What are my chances of getting into Oxford for PPE if I get all A stars in Econ, Maths, History and Further Maths next year?
    They're really great grades however, you achieved below average grades compared to the school which Oxbridge and other uni's will look at. However, ace your A Levels and do amazing on the pre-interview tests (Very important for Oxford as they use this to decrease the amount of people they give interviews to), have a smashing personal statement and a very good interview and you will have a good chance! Don't lose hope

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    6A* 6A

Was disappointed with English language and RE as I was very close to the next grade. However I was very pleased with maths and DT A as I was not expecting it.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anmol_.)
    oh really? How was your first day then?
    it was so crazy I can't wait to settle down and everything.

ReputationRep:
    I was so gutted
    English language -8
    English lit-6
    Maths-I did igcse cie which I started 1 month before the exam C I was 3 marks of a B
    Physics-B
    Biology-C ( so disappointed in this and I was doing triple science they were all close to the boundaries so it will be to much money to remark them all)
    Chemistry -C
    Re-B

ReputationRep:
    Hi, can anyone advise I got 8 GCSE's C and above and but I failed Maths (grade 3 D) do you think I can still take A Levels I am so so worried I have messed my life up ☹️🙁

ReputationRep:
    I got a 9, 1 A*, 5 A's, 1 B, one 5, and a C

The B is annoying me. 1 mark from an A

ReputationRep:
    I've seen this post so many times and tbqh as long as you get 5A*-Cs that's all that counts but if you're going to give up because you were one mark off a b or a or * then that's just pointless petty negativity. I was at least proud to get 4Bs 5Cs and 1D which where little stepping stones into sixth form and to say two years later Ive passed with two A* at a level and one E. I've now secured my first choice at uni to do BSc crime scene science with professional experience honestly you should only worry if you didn't get five GCSEs
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sulaimanali)
    I got 1A*, 7As and 2Bs (as it appears on my results sheet). One of the Bs should be an A...which is a mistake so I'm trying to get the exam board to fix it.

I'm not disappointed, but...kind of disheartened that I didn't get more A*s...I missed out on 3 different A*s by 3 marks and could've got 2 others!
    i got the exact same grades as you, what subjects did u take? and what were the grades (if you don't mind me asking)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by goldenusername)
    Who else is disappointed with their GCSE results?

What grades did you want to achieve and what did you end up achieving?
    I got a B and like 12 C's but I didn't revise. That was several years ago but I'm starting a Psychology degree this year. :top:

ReputationRep:
    I got 2 A*s, 5 As and 3 Bs - I'm disappointed because 2 of my Bs were in the sciences. I'm going to remark one of them though because I was 2 marks off an A. Hopefully that'll be an A.

ReputationRep:
    I got 4 A*s 5 As 2 Bs, so dissapointed as I don't know if I can get into Cambridge Medicine with this. I come from a really terrible school in terms of grades (I got the 6th best set of results out of 190). It's going to be so hard competing with grammar and private school students who have 10 A*s+... I worked my hardest so I'm not disappointed about my effort

I feel so depressed :ashamed:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toadyoshi)
    i got the exact same grades as you, what subjects did u take? and what were the grades (if you don't mind me asking)
    My GCSEs were taken in Summer 2016:
    Edexcel IGCSE English Language and Literature - Grade A (for both) - 3 marks off A* in Lit (remark made no change) ..should've remarked Lang Paper 1 as I felt it wasn't marked right but oh well...
    Edexcel Maths - Grade A (6 marks off A* .. silly mistakes due to panic and pressure )
    Edexcel Mandarin - Grade B (this is the one that i remarked and only went up by 1UMS and this is the one that should've been an A because my 2 writing exams were given an A by the school but a D by the exam board because they marked harshly..they capped the marking for each section)

AQA Bio, Chem & Physics (Triple Science) - all Grade A
    AQA R.E. Spec B - Grade A*
    AQA History Spec B - Grade A
    AQA Drama - Grade B (felt that the theory marking was horrible but didn't bother remarking) ..it's so expensive and unreliable ...wish we could get copies of all our scripts back for free

ReputationRep:
    My GCSEs were taken in Summer 2016:
    Edexcel IGCSE English Language and Literature - Grade A (for both) - 3 marks off A* in Lit (remark made no change) ..should've remarked Lang Paper 1 as I felt it wasn't marked right but oh well...
    Edexcel Maths - Grade A (6 marks off A* .. silly mistakes due to panic and pressure )
    Edexcel Mandarin - Grade B (this is the one that i remarked and only went up by 1UMS and this is the one that should've been an A because my 2 writing exams were given an A by the school but a D by the exam board because they marked harshly..they capped the marking for each section)

AQA Bio, Chem & Physics (Triple Science) - all Grade A
    AQA R.E. Spec B - Grade A*
    AQA History Spec B - Grade A
    AQA Drama - Grade B (felt that the theory marking was horrible but didn't bother remarking) ..it's so expensive and unreliable ...wish we could get copies of all our scripts back for free
    Oh I see, they're a good set of results regardless
    What are you hoping to do in the future? like what are you applying to uni for

ReputationRep:
    Oh I see, they're a good set of results regardless
    What are you hoping to do in the future? like what are you applying to uni for
    Thank you.. I'm hoping to do Dentistry...

ReputationRep:
    Thank you.. I'm hoping to do Dentistry...
    Really? So am I :') i'm presuming you are going into year 13 this sept?
    Have you done the ukcat yet, and do you know which unis you'll be applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Really? So am I :' i'm presuming you are going into year 13 this sept?
    Have you done the ukcat yet, and do you know which unis you'll be applying to?
    Great. Yup - starting A2 in september.

Not done it yet, not sure of the unis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username2705335)
    I wanted a A* in RS but I got a B. Getting a remark because i'm 3 marks off an A.
    Are you doing edexcel? I also wanted an A* and got an A* in all of my mocks but only got an A on results day. Going to see if I can get the second paper remarked as I got an A* on the first paper and B on the second.

ReputationRep:
    Great. Yup - starting A2 in september.

Not done it yet, not sure of the unis.
    I see, good luck!
    And oh so will you not be applying for 2018 applicants

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OliviaBaggaley)
    I got an A*, 4 A's, 4 B's and a C. I would say I'm happy in all of them except from RE as I was only a few UMS marks off an A, which annoyed me as that's what I was working at all through the year. Tad bit annoyed that I was 2 UMS marks off an A* in History too, but doesn't really matter that much as I'm not taking it at AS.
    I got almost the exact same results as you and I'm also pleased with them, but annoyed about RE as well. Are you going to get a remark? I was 2 ums off an A on one of the papers but I still don't know if it's worth a remark

ReputationRep:
    I see, good luck!
    And oh so will you not be applying for 2018 applicants
    Thank you.

Hmm..I'm not sure, I need to have a think about this.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.