Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    you are really lucky you got a place in manchester for a psychology course.
    Im dieing right now for a place there. Dont want to go to stupid Man Met.
    yeah i know it was really oversubscribed wasnt it!!!! i think u shud still ring and check on thursday when u know what u have got! u never know, loads of ppl may have missed their offers!! id still give it a go!! if they cant give u a place u can always just c how it goes at man met! its not a terrible uni ans it is true that u get out of it what u put in! also, u r more likely to get a first and then can go on to do clinical!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prada_princess)
    Hiya everyone, I thought I would butt in your conversation since I'll be going to Manchester (hopefully) in September also. I'll be on the IBFE course aswell.

All you people with unconditional's are getting me really jealous here - I'm dying to know where I'm gonna be staying!! All the residences I applied for were (I think) in Fallowfield. I was worried about having to get a bus to lectures everyday becoming a bit of a pain aswell, especially when there's accomodation within easy walking distance. But after questioning tons of other students living in Fallowfield - including UKL"s very own Tednol (thanks again for that!!) they reassured me that the bus service is great.

I've never been away from home before, I don't think I'll get dead homesick or anything, I'm more worried that I'll die of starvation (right now I can't even boil an egg!) since two of the three halls I applied for were self catered - it seemed like a good idea at the time! I was supposed to get practising throughout the summer but never mind - pot noodles and beans on toast here I come!

Tednol, how long after results was it that you found out you were gonna be at Richmond Park? I got a letter from the uni saying they would let me know before something like the 10th of Sep and I was just wondering whether I can expect to hear something earlier, like nearer results time (providing I get the results, of course!)

Oh and Elamka what A levels did you study?
    Hi prada_princess, I did maths, music and german for two years and economics and biology for a year (wanted to do medicine but changed my mind after my first year). Hope you get your grades. When are the results out?

ReputationRep:
    Hi PradaPrincess!
    You know what girls - there are thirty ppl on our course, three girls and one guy already on the forum so only 26 new ppl on the IBFE course in Sept Provided of course that PP gets her grades. I join elamka's question on when do you get your results? I thought mine came late in mid-July, but it seems UK results come even later than the IB's.

ReputationRep:
    We get A Level results on thursday...been trying not to think about it too much and avoid the results-related threads on here!!

I'd love to be able to say "I should be ok" etc etc but am not gonna tempt fate.

Susie, I didn't know that there were only 30 people on our course - makes me feel a little more special for gettin an offer -lol!
    I'm glad I've met people doin IBFE cos more people seem to be doin BA Econ. (which is what I had for my insurance).

I can't wait to start. I never thought I'd say it but I can't wait to get back in the learning environment, especially studying the subjects I enjoy the most. You see, I recently started my first ever job and it's left me a little shell shocked!!

Methinks I'm not gettin a job when I start uni, my loan will do thank you very muchly!! How about any of you?
    The girl I spoke to on the open day never had a job and she said that while there were others who did have, she didn't know how they found the time for it without sacrificing their studies. (I keep stressin that point to my Mum!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SusieQ)
    Hi PradaPrincess!
    You know what girls - there are thirty ppl on our course, three girls and one guy already on the forum so only 26 new ppl on the IBFE course in Sept Provided of course that PP gets her grades. I join elamka's question on when do you get your results? I thought mine came late in mid-July, but it seems UK results come even later than the IB's.
    I thought there are 40 ppl on our course?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elamka)
    I thought there are 40 ppl on our course?? :confused:
    hello IBFE people....on the website it says that there ar 65 places on the course....I have a feeling that there are 40 places for British and EU students and 25 solely for International Students

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergra...BF1-H8N0L0.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by [email protected])
    hello IBFE people....on the website it says that there ar 65 places on the course....I have a feeling that there are 40 places for British and EU students and 25 solely for International Students

http://www.manchester.ac.uk/undergra...BF1-H8N0L0.htm
    That is for entry in 2005 though, it might be different this year

ReputationRep:
    So Elamka, Susie and Prada Princess... you guys gonna make an effort to meet up with each other seeing as your on the same course & in the same halls?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prada_princess)
    Methinks I'm not gettin a job when I start uni, my loan will do thank you very muchly!! How about any of you?
    The girl I spoke to on the open day never had a job and she said that while there were others who did have, she didn't know how they found the time for it without sacrificing their studies. (I keep stressin that point to my Mum!)
    Maybe I'm lazy, but there is no chance I could have fitted 10+ hours into my life without making sacrifices somewhere, be them in the social side or academic side. Now I came to uni to get a good degree and to enjoy myself, so they are two things I'm not willing to sacrifice.

It is very possibly to not work whilst at uni and least not during the term time. But you have to be willing to work your ass off over the holidays unless you have parents willing to fund you to a large extent. I worked over 12 hours in Tesco's today and am having a properly **** holiday. But whilst uni is a fair bit of work, in many ways it is my holiday too. It's hard work, but my god its more fun than any holiday.

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone, pretty new to all this so don't snigger if some questions seem totally insane.
    Has anybody got accom. at Weston Hall? A few names would be great to recognise on my first day!! Also, i would advise people worrying about oversubscribed halls to stop. All three of my accom. applications were for oversubscribed halls and i got my first choice.
    Oh, yes, and also do you think my choice of 'campus' accomadation is a good idea or potentially disastrous? I have met a few others off to Manc this year and their main reaction to me telling them where i am living is "where?!". It seems fallowfield etc is the place to be. Have i made a wrong choice!! AAGGHH! (Look who's worrying now)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OnMyWay)
    Hey everyone, pretty new to all this so don't snigger if some questions seem totally insane.
    Has anybody got accom. at Weston Hall? A few names would be great to recognise on my first day!! Also, i would advise people worrying about oversubscribed halls to stop. All three of my accom. applications were for oversubscribed halls and i got my first choice.
    Oh, yes, and also do you think my choice of 'campus' accomadation is a good idea or potentially disastrous? I have met a few others off to Manc this year and their main reaction to me telling them where i am living is "where?!". It seems fallowfield etc is the place to be. Have i made a wrong choice!! AAGGHH! (Look who's worrying now)
    Well... I do know of more people than I can count on one hand who didn't get their first choice accommodation wise. But hopefully, if you got the form off in good time and aren't an awkward case things will go your way!

Regards your accommodation... well it is neither disastrous or wonderful. People in campus halls claim to have as much fun as us Fallowfield people and I've got no reason not to believe them. It would be wrong to think there are 2 lots of people at uni though - campus halls and non campus halls. People might live over at uni, but have great friends and spend most time in Fallowfield.

PS Welcome to UKL!

ReputationRep:
    cheers buddy.
    where did you stay during your first year? i chose weston due to it being on campus, looking relatively clean/modern and being self-catered. I am so damn excited though about going but especially looking forward to joining the AU. I need to dig out my running spikes and dust them off though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jenna999)
    So Elamka, Susie and Prada Princess... you guys gonna make an effort to meet up with each other seeing as your on the same course & in the same halls?
    I am sure we will meet up. I mean me and Susie are actully going to be living in the same hall so it will be impossible not to meet up. Not sure where Prada Princess is going to be but we can always exchange phone Nos and go for a drink or something.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.