Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 055Cnahtan)
    What course are you doing? do you know where you are staying yet :cool:
    Media Production, staying at the Junxion

ReputationRep:
    hey i only just found this thread i dont know a hell alot about the uni, but i do come from lincoln so anything u want to know about the city i should be able to answer so if theres nething ask away and i will do my best!

ReputationRep:
    Is the city small or medium sized? Are there alot of nationalities living in lincolnshire?

ReputationRep:
    its a reasonable sized city there plenty to do and plenty of night life ... but nothing special (althought there is a new club opening in sept) ..... as far as nationalities go i think its got a huge mix for its size ... lots of assylum seekers iraqis type people ( forgive the ignorance but im not to sure) also there seems to be a large portugese population .. al in al its a fairly well mixed city..... it has its troubles like most places but all in all unless u try to find trouble then you proberbly wont find it......
    the lincoln campus i think is very nice, all new and theres an interesting contrast between the new uni and brayford developments and the cathedral and castle which can be seen on the hill behind them ... if the course is right then id deffinatly advise u to seriously consider it.

ReputationRep:
    yo, does anyone know the correct number to ring if you don't make your grades on thursday? ive looked on the university website but there a few different numbers on there. cheers.

ReputationRep:
    Hello i'm off to lincoln uni this september- wuhoo i'm studying interior design in the cool new architecture building!!Couldn't get a place in hall tho but im definately not bothered as they have put me in the new student appartments called the junxion which is just around the corner and having seen both(as my friend is in halls) i'm very happy i was a lazy arse who didnt get accomodation forms in as soon hehe.I've been to visit lincoln recently and i really liked it, the shopping there is really good (btw to an earlier post i think i saw all the banks and HSBc is on the main street)!

Yes nottingham is bril 4 gigs and isn't a long train journey!i thought lincoln was a really nice place and altho i havn't been down before i would disagree about the nightlife- i saw loads of clubs (ino yates is good fun tho) and it has the advantage of being able 2 stumble home drunk and not having to pay 4 a taxi!wuhoo!

I think i remember lincoln having the lowest crime rate in the UK (i've done my research )!Me and my friend went up the famous steep hill and with her being a bit of a book worm (bless her) she insisted that we stopped in the little second hand book shops on the way - i would advise them - to people studying english - for cheap books.They are piled up high so im sure u will find books on your reading list 4 half prices!!

ReputationRep:
    No one has mentioned the fact that lincoln also have an awesome football team, well they have had a bad start this season but they will be back up there, come on the imps!

I know nothing about the uni other than that it looks really nice and modern, but I like lincoln as a city, maybe a bit quiet if you are after nightlife but hey.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.